IGNORED

Radiohead - A Moon Shaped Pool

misc

• Replies 798
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i'm so unhappy that new Radiohead gets way more hype and interest than new Plaid on watmm but otherwise i'm p stoked

Guest bitroast

i'm so unhappy that new Radiohead gets way more hype and interest than new Plaid on watmm but otherwise i'm p stoked

radiohead fanboyism rooted deep into my sweetspot coming of age teenage years. can't trade that for nothing, no matter how good new plaid album is gonna be :^)

i just hope an announcement comes soon or this was a little anti-climactic. by the looks of the single cover art, it is being released through XL recordings. im hoping it's not a traditional thing here now, where they are going to say, new album June 30! or some shit. it's obviously done. Can you just sell the fucking record please?

panic-airplane-o.gif

They start touring in 3 weeks so I expect the LP to have dropped by then.

I like BTW, it's a grower and I've definitely enjoyed listening to it, rather than watching the video which I think can detract from it a little.

First listen I was mildly disappointed (same misgivings with it as I do Spectre). But it did open up a little better without the video on second listen.

It still dampens the LP hype for me somewhat. Songs like Burn the Witch and Spectre just aren't strong enough to register with the now late 20s me with any propensity. I have really enjoyed the Radiohead flock's diverse 2010s albums and appearances, as well as the last several opening tastes to come forth from each album (I adored Lotus!), but Burn the Witch ever since it surfaced as a Radiohead item around a decade ago has always felt like a b-side waiting to happen, and this end product just lacks that extra push that justifies its existence. It comes close, but nevertheless suggest a minimal decline continues.

That said, I could see Burn the Witch working fine within the context of a similarly composed and themed LP. Best of luck to them, I just hope it is a Radiohead album I listen to for more than several weeks and can eagerly pull out again every year or so.

Guys. Radiohead OK Computer onwards plus Thom releases, are my favourite act together with Ae.

Witch track is ace. It exaktly has that grief, terror and uncertainty I want. That lamento singing of Thom. And whats best: strong Johnny Greenwood composition vibes. That guy is a genious.

As I already told Sean and Rob, more influences of classical composers and composition will make them winners for ever haha.

Highest expectations now for the bum.

Guest bitroast

yeh burn the witch is real classic radiohead in its theme and vibe. wee bit more upbeat tho, as per most post hail radiohead. is sweet.

also kind of reminds me of ok c style radiohead rock but with orch thrashing instead of guitar wailings. i dunno. its a lot of things. its a sweet track.

also have high expectations for the bum. can only assume this is track 1 heh

lol@ Mr. Al Bum

Kinda enjoy the new track. Needs more listens though. Looking forward to the new album. Will be an instabuy. =D

love it when the whole fabric of the tune surges forward, after Thom sings this is a low flying panic attack!! at approx 1.05 and 2.35

what with Burn The Witch and Spectre I can tell you right now my toes are jiggling with excitement in my Asics sneakers

^^ Yeah it's a good sign when Spectre, a pretty good track, didn't make it on the album.

I imagine the album is going to be their most dance oriented album with a few orchestral tracks. Assuming identikit/ful stop/ maybe skirting on the surface/ maybe cut a hole, will be on there. I hope. Really enjoyed those tracks a few years back.

Guest bitroast

what with Burn The Witch and Spectre I can tell you right now my toes are jiggling with excitement in my Asics sneakers

"Here's the deal on the Radiohead 7". It's only going to be in indie stores and not on any store websites. Apologies to our online friends. indie store exclusive. Burn The Witch b/w Spectre"

love it when the whole fabric of the tune surges forward, after Thom sings this is a low flying panic attack!! at approx 1.05 and 2.35

yes! and the second "burn the witch" line gives me goosebumps and then that ending! that should go on for longer. i bet the next track after that opens balls out.

Great track, looking forward to the rest, I reckon it's gonna be an Eraser / In Rainbows style thing . In other words it could be anything. I can't help but feel the track title is a somewhat overwrought critique of the last page of the films thread.

Burn the Witch was referenced in some comedy variety show I went to tonight, and it was the song playing as we left the venue. The weird low-mid EQ issues that were very evident on my studio mons and headphones were not apparent on the house PA, but the song aside from the drums was otherwise kind of murky sounding compared with other music that played earlier in the night. Sorry, Godrich. Hail to the Thief is still my favorite sounding album ever.... and so underrated, even by the band. It seems watmm's a bit more hip to that one though, so I won't lose any sleep over it.

there there? all I hear is BoC

reminds me of the strings from their remix of clouddead "dead dogs"

EDIT:

this one

Singing on the refrain is a bit

200_s.gif

esque but overall I dug it

I'm really glad they've backed away from the super compressed percussion and semi-electronic pop song...I kind of like the strings

Archived