IGNORED

Radiohead - A Moon Shaped Pool

misc

• Replies 798
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest bitroast

pitchfork posted this, not sure where it came from ( the painting itself was posted on radiohead facebook ... but im guessing this is a promo cover for the 'single' ? )

RadioheadSingle.jpeg

Wow... I'm surprised this caught such a positive response on here. I thought it was really boring... Not expecting much from the rest of the album, will hopefully exceed my expectations come the release...

Guest Chesney

haha dan, I was just about to post that.

I doubt it will grow on me but hoping that there are some belters on the album.

Guest bitroast

actually kind of enjoy the song. doesn't exactly make me fall in love with it totally or anything but maybe it is just something that works better in a greater context. the prospect of radiohead album + strings is a very exciting one in itself. and there ain't never been a radiohead album i've actively hated or disliked.

What I'm more interested in discussing is what novel delivery system (if any) they plan to employ to reveal he full album. A geocache hunt worldwide for individual CDrs with the studio tracks on them, after which fans pool their assets and assemble the album in whatever way they choose(?)

As a standalone song I thought it was OK. Bit disappointed there weren't any major changes or trademark vocal melodies, but overall the strings are tense and the whole thing is compact and energetic. The very end is excellent. Hope the album has a bit more of the discordant side of things.*

*one time major fanboy

Guest bitroast

yeah. has def fared well over relistens + listening without staring at video. if it was a song alone and not an album teaser i'd be underwhelmed but ... ykno ;);)

Really enjoyed it. It's definitely one of their calmer songs. I'm not sure why it's a single when Identikit would have made a better single. Or perhaps Identikit isn't even on the album. Identikit better be on the damn album.

so is it time for WATMM to start calling anthnony flatano scores? :3

Really enjoyed it. It's definitely one of their calmer songs. I'm not sure why it's a single when Identikit would have made a better single. Or perhaps Identikit isn't even on the album. Identikit better be on the damn album.

so is it time for WATMM to start calling anthnony flatano scores? :3

maybe burn the witch isn't on the album?

Archived