IGNORED

elseq 1-5

auxien

The percussive/bassy tracks really beg to be played loud, more than pervious releases. Something particularly cathartic about them this time around.

curvcaten. I haven't been able to stop replaying it everytime I get to the end of elsucc1.

the bass and overall feel of that track reminds me of some of the moodier tracks off EP7, like Zeiss Contarex.

I'm finding this much more hypnotic than any previous ae. it begs for your attention but also just to be there to zone out to at the same time. it's quite amazing in that regard.

Edited by jules

Guest totemcrackerjack

spTH is when you realize that all the Buddhist monks in your temple have been vampires all along and now you have to find your way out of the labyrinth-like complex in the dead of night.

Double dawg dang. curvcaten is new favourite, nudges eastre out of the top 5

yeah!!! mfkin curvcaten man.

also artov chain... fuck!! didnt they mention somewhere using markov chains or smthn?

lol @ balloon leatherdaddy

balloon fetish is a very weird thing

they are called looners, and there are lots of vids on youtube of them humping balloons

200_s.gif

this thread is about looners now

Guest totemcrackerjack

In a lot of ways, I feel like this has been AE's most accessible release in the past few years. Granted, there are some bizarrely wicked tracks on here, but a lot have grooves that are easy to pick up on, even for somebody not used to their stuff. Friend who can't stand Draft, Untilted, and the like is really digging Elseq 5.

Holy hell! Finally got around to listening to elseq 4

acdwn2 is a beast! :wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf:

If the rest of 4 holds this level of amazing I can see why so many are calling part 4 their fav

(...) when it came time to the record they just hit record and jammed them out akin to how they do their live sets.

Curious how others feel about this.

on tracks like feed1, c7, eastre, TBM and pendulu c mayyybe... the rest? don't think so, no way in hell. i mean c'mon 13x0 is a fucking opera in itself...

You could say the same thing about a huge chunk of AE_LIVE but that didn't stop them from doing it on the spot in front of an audience, no?

Edited by thehauntingsoul

(...) when it came time to the record they just hit record and jammed them out akin to how they do their live sets.

Curious how others feel about this.

on tracks like feed1, c7, eastre, TBM and pendulu c mayyybe... the rest? don't think so, no way in hell. i mean c'mon 13x0 is a fucking opera in itself...

You could say the same thing about a huge chunk of AE_LIVE but that didn't stop them from doing it on the spot in front of an audience, no?

well, the live set was incredibly detailed and ever morphing alright but pretty much "everything all of the time". elseq tracks feature intricate buildups, sidesteps, "drama", sequences of high density clashing with monolithic passages, tiny singular events vs. seemingly established patterns, sometimes the whole organism just breaks apart and reassembles (those infamous dropouts), in the intro of 13x0 step there's the echo of a rave riff escalating which hardly returns in the rest of the track, only in tiny fractures... sometimes it's actually the restraint that makes the release feel so very carefully laid out to me compared to the live set. could be wrong but that's just how it sounds to me. and like i already said: if you are right and the "actual" album / major release / whatever is in fact yet to come we're all winners anyway so whatevs i'm the happiest fanboi right now :3 edit: wait a sec that wasn't you right? lel XP anyway u are of the jammy faction U MUST BE ONE OF THEM!!

Edited by jaderpansen