IGNORED

Aphex Twin playing at Field Day London (03-06-17)

Herr Jan

Excellent record. what a day

how the fuck does he do this? he completely flipped his style again. I mean, you could hear some analord in the Tuss, and you could hear some Tuss in SYRO, but this album came out of nowhere as far as I'm concerned. 

• Replies 567
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got it. I wonder if this will be the same tracks that people are speculating the Warp countdown thing to be. I sure hope not. While these tracks are good, they're sort of jammy/sketches much in the vein of Orphaned Deejay Select, or perhaps more material from the Soundcloud vaults thingy. If an album is forthcoming I'm hoping for something much more monumental.

While these tracks are good, they're sort of jammy/sketches much in the vein of Orphaned Deejay Select, or perhaps more material from the Soundcloud vaults thingy.

This feels immediately different. Where as Syro and everything after felt like the return of an old friend. It's clearly Aphex but.. a new form.. once again. A lovely odd gem so far. 

For those wanting the link visit the aphex twin reddit look at the 'amen warrior' day for night thread and go down till you see someone putting it all together in 1 downloadable file.

I'm not sure if saying this is against the rules or not so just delete my reply if it is.

This feels immediately different. Where as Syro and everything after felt like the return of an old friend. It's clearly Aphex but.. a new form.. once again. A lovely odd gem so far. 

^^^

perfectly put. just a bizarre and beautiful listening experience with Richard opening new doors to styles he's kept in the dark. i was expecting it to be another exclusive single but as far as I'm concerned this is the new album. 

perfectly put. just a bizarre and beautiful listening experience with Richard opening new doors to styles he's kept in the dark. i was expecting it to be another exclusive single but as far as I'm concerned this is the new album.

It's longer than RDJ album. Yet it feels half the length that it is. So many intricacies, such lushness. I can't believe this might only be scratching the surface.

Is he playing at NTS again? The live stream says 2 days left so I'm guessing he's playing again or it's just gonna replay it.

I am somewhat confused, there are like 3 different countdowns for different stuff and idk what any of it means.

Front row last night so probably popped up on the stream a few times. Amazing set. Especially loved the first half hour and last half hour. Garden of Linmiri came from fucking nowhere and it was brutal!

Also grabbed a vinyl too, but I'd really appreciate a download link as it'll beat any of my rip attempts.

much respect to aphex and crew to doing the live stream.

This massively, we can all nitpick all we want but it really was a treat. Not sure if or when we're ever going to get something like this again. 

I am still BLOWN by the show. So happy i made the trip out to London for this.

yep, with my tea and toast and zero hangover (only 6 pints Five Points Pilsner (very tasty) and a few Strongbows (very minging but necessary) my reflection is the same. BLOWN away.

kind of wish I had bagged a vinyl now, but at the time I wouldn't of wanted the hassle of looking after it, I wanted to be right in The Pit for DG and it would of been destroyed lol

Didn't realise some of it was live modular stuff! Fucking great to hear audax powder and garden of linmiri. The primavera track is really fucking great, it's already stuck in my head forever, cant wait for its release.

Shout out to Mu-ziq who played a load of old stuff in the bandstand. Hasty boom alert, brace yourself, I think another lunatic harness track, meinheld etc <3

^Loved Micky's set, reminds me I really need to get back into his stuff again. His melodies are gorgeous. Me and my wife were stood behind two guys totally jamming throughout with no let up, love it. I also found out that my Dad's mate was doing to sound system for that, gnarly!

Amen, where did you snag the vinyl btw? We got there around 15:00 and as you go through he main entrance and into the field, there was a merch stool adjacent from that however, seemed to only be selling band shirts. Thought I'd hold on and go back towards the end of the night to grab some stuff but they were out of stock on a lot of stuff. Gutted. Saw plenty of people with white AFX bags though.

On the whole, so pleased the weather held up for most of the day, started lashing it down during Rich's set and there was a lot of pushing/twats going in and immediately coming out of the barn by the entrances that made for a pretty stressful time. Bit of an eye opener for my wife who hasn't experienced anything like that before haha <3

Archived