IGNORED

New Aphex Twin 10" [TECH-004]

Icct

THESE TRACKS ARE ALL MINE AND IF YOU HACK INTO MY COMPUTER AND NICK THEM YOU WILL HAVE MY CURSE ON YOU WHICH WILL FUCK UP YOUR LIFE, NO JOKE, I’M SO INTO MY MUSIC, FUCKING WIV IT WILL FUCK YOU UP!

Where does it say that exactly? On what part of the vinyl? I'm really curious.

It's engraved on the sides of the grooves - you have to use an electron microscope to read it, but only while the record is spinning at exactly 77 /1/4 rpm.

So funny to see all of these people talking mad shit... and then it really happens. Internet - y so cynical? Big Up Technical Equipment Supply

I don't really see the problem if someone is dumb enough to pay for it. It's a copy of two already released tracks sold in limited quantities Bumblefuck, Michigan. It's not really about the music to begin with. I do have a problem with some of the limited releases if people buy like 10 copies just to sell them though. 

​just my 2 cents and not an engineer but 24 tsim is 303k VBR and Gerald is 320k in the soundcloud dump and both sound fairly good as MP3s.

doesn't seem far-fetched to make a fair or good sounding bootleg just from those files with minimal massaging or conversion, theorically.

in the absence of more information, the use of ''Aphex twin'' moniker and no legal mention of '''Aphex'' used by courtesy of Aphex Systems'' on packaging as far as I can tell would indicate bootleg to me, sanctioned by Richard for private use at best. doesn't feel like an Aphex Twin release.

Oh for fucks sake, do you even know who released this? It's not a bootleg. Deal with it.

You tell him, Herr!

Would a Field Day LP for TECH-004 be a fair trade?

Field Day LP is worth a lot more to me, 30+ minutes of new exclusive music for a gig I was at versus a 10" (was it really a 10" even?) of two tracks already released on soundcloud, of which one is a rendition of a Gerald track. I mean, I'd like to have the TECH-004 but I'm also fine on missing out on it to be honest :)

here's a suggestion, you could take any vinyl, print out a scan of the cover from TECH004, place over the vinyl, put it on the turntable, turn the volume down, press play on the turntable, then press play on your computer which has the two soundcloud tracks lined up. problem solved!

Discogs page is up with linked youtube vids for each track...

https://www.discogs.com/Aphex-Twin-TECH-004/release/10452636

$550 fucking lol. For people in States It'd be cheaper to fly over to Michigan and get a hotel for a few nights then get a ride over to the shop!

Edited by clarktrent

Damn, If only this had been out during the Movement festival when I was actually in Detroit, would have been no problem to stop there on the way back and scoop this up. As it is, a drive back there is pretty much a drive back to the D for me. It's about a 6 hour drive from Milwaukee. Or if I walked google says it would only take me 67 hours if I take the ferry across the Lake Michigan Ocean.
I'm still contemplating it at this point tho. I'm gonna try to convince some of my friends to make a trip out there. Would be cool to stop by Submerge again. I haven't been there in 5 years. From what I gather you have to contact them and set up a time to come to the shop now.

"Already Selling for $600 on Discogs"… tbf there have been 0 copies sold (at least on discogs) up until now.

This sort of thing happened to me when Death Grips dropped Government Plates on that weird vinyl with a license plate dealio on recordstoreday back in 2014. I was told that another store would have a copy for me available, as the one I live closest to had sold out. As it turned out, the other store sold the copy they had supposedly set aside for me to come pick up. (I am a regular at these record stores) so I was a bit upset about that. But yeah, what was then even shittier to see was that it was being sold the same day online for those insane prices. That whole event turned me off from record store day. Just these rare repressings or coloured vinyls that end up on sale on discogs for more than 100x what they were in the shop. I get that it's supposed to raise support for local record shops n all that, but how it's turned into a means to exploit these rare records online left a bad taste. Yeah, I know, that's how the internet works.

Seems they are closed today.

This tho:

We have licensing deals set up that prevent us from doing mail order/distribution and digital for certain releases. Have a friend or family member pick one up if possible. Avoid paying crazy prices if they start showing up online, we have copies in stock. Very sorry for the inconvenience to people from out of town."

that was two days ago… and they closed today, so I'm guessing still in stock?

Edited by donotseemecricket

Still in stock according to Facebook:

Well, it's silently been for sale on the shelf for 2 weeks but seems now the word is out: the next release on our label (TECH-004) is Aphex Twin. Come in this Fri-Sun 2-8pm and snag one (Sorry, due to licensing no mail order or online sales). Stay tuned for TECH-006 at the end of summer...

https://www.facebook.com/technicalequipmentsupply/photos/a.536318856555483.1073741828.536316363222399/721283141392386/?type=3

A certain electronic music website webmaster would be eternally grateful if someone were to acquire one for him...

The shop hours are Fri.Sat.Sun 2-8PM according to the website.

Talk about limited. My friend is down to go, and he's the one with the car, but he's not sure when he'll have a weekend free due to his job.

But if/when we manage to figure it out and go… We could certainly pick up an extra copy for a certain electronic music website webmaster.

A certain electronic music website webmaster would be eternally grateful if someone were to acquire one for him...

already gave my second copy to someone else who asked! srry!!!

Question is: is it sold out yet?

:cerious: Hmmmmmmmmmz...../:

I was thinking it would a be a very Baller move of Rich and T.E.Supply , if they secretly printed a huge edition of this record.

Nobody mentioned it was limited right?

I think it would be a very funny practical joke on all the people (inc me) that are hyping like 14 year old boys to get their hands on this little 12" disc. And going to enormous lengths to acquire one, maniacally paying big bucks to total strangers on the web.

Just to find out after 2 months, that their not that rare at all. and it,s all over discogs, because they pressed a sixhudred-and-seventy-five-thousend copy,s of Tech-004,s. Just exclusively sold at Technical Equipment Supply. 

Offcourse just wishfull thinking(; butt somehow, it also sound like classic Richard......