IGNORED

New Aphex Twin 10" [TECH-004]

Icct

Status update:
I have returned! WOW what a trip. all to spend maybe half an hour in the little shop. got myself the aphex wax and also picked up JayLib Champion Sound on double cassette (inclds. remix tape). There are definitally some cool items there. They were sold out of a few of the things I was thinking of getting (from pics I saw on fb) but I'm very happy with what I got. Seemed to have plenty of the aphex twin disc, at least 4 other guys came in in the half hour I was there and everyone bought at least 2 copies. Kaito said they had a big line when they opened this morning, all for the aphex.

Also, I got to Bear Witness to authentic copies of A Few Old Tunes and Boc Maxima, which they had on display but obviously not for sale. I had a moment gazing at them. :boc::cattears:
Made pretty good timing. I didn't stop on the way there or back at all. Mainly cos of a big mess around/delay with renting the car that is a whole nother story.
Driving on I-94 through Michigan is awesome tho. I must have been going 90-100 the majority of the time. all the while bumping Robert Hood M-Plant 20 years collection in this brand new rental car. I brought a bit of food with me, but wow, that was about 700 miles of driving in one day, and I had a sandwich and an apple and some chips. I thought about stopping a few times but I quenched my needs with more Techno. I might feel like an undead techno hollow junkie now,  :wtf:  but it was well worth it. 303/10 would tech eqpt sply again.
rvKFwxD.gif

BOC must be furious they didnt think of this before

Actually, BOC did this back in 1995 with Twoism (the original vinyl pressing) only available in local shops and given out to friends.

I'd have no choice but to lick the display case with the BoC releases in, that sounds lush

like tunnocks said sounds like you've had a nice little experience round the matter of fact, jealous!

Mine showed up yesterday, flipped sides for almost an hour. Ace tracks. And i never tore through all the soundcloud dump, so it was a nice way to hear them for the very first time. I shall shelve it next to my houston record for years of limited adoration and ultra-rare swooning

Really wanna know the context of the label photo

Also guessing this runout text was his idea because lol

Bummed the BoC tapes aren't for sale..... but will defo drop in in July for a look-see!

lol, you're the most dedicated braindance fan I've ever met. Distance is only a distance, not an obstacle. Tip my hat!

my awesome sister who lives in Ferndale MI made the trek for me to Ypsi. She said the shop was pretty awesome. Picked up the Aphex  vinyl for me and a few other records for herself. I told her (begged, more like) she has to possibly make the trek there again for future releases. She's cool. We ended up meeting at a family get together on Lake Michigan and she hooked me up.

haha, nice runout codes

• THESE TRACKS ARE ALL MINE AND IF YOU HACK INTO MY COMPUTER AND NICK THEM YOU WILL HAVE MY CURSE ON YOU TECH-004-A
  • WHICH WILL FUCK UP YOUR LIFE, NO JOKE, I’M SO INTO MY MUSIC, FUCKING WIV IT WILL FUCK YOU UP! TECH-004-B

does aphex twin have that many younger fans? I only ask cos most of the kids in the elctronic music class I took didn't even know who he was. they were all freshmen and around the age of 18-20ish. I'm always very surprised at how few younger people I meet know him. I mean sure the group of guys I became friends with in that clas all knew him but they were also into more abstract stuff. At the same time I feel like there's gotta be younger fans of him out there, and it's just where I live. i was probably like 13, 14 when I discovered him, and no one else I knew listened to him or knew who he was where I went to school. i remember showing my friends and we felt like we had discovered this cool secret cos it was different from all the music we had been listneing to up until that point.

LOL

here's a suggestion, you could take any vinyl, print out a scan of the cover from TECH004, place over the vinyl, put it on the turntable, turn the volume down, press play on the turntable, then press play on your computer which has the two soundcloud tracks lined up. problem solved!

I just tried this and you're right, it works!

People are getting this just for the resale value - hopefully those who actually want it for their collections will be able to get it at a reasonable price.