IGNORED

London 03.06.17 (Field Day LP)

Alzado

A1 and B3 are pretty wicked. A lot of it sounds old

Yup. I love the way B3 makes my brain buzz when it seethes with those crackling, static rays. 

tumblr_oe2tojaMsL1s4fz4bo1_500.gif

my description may make it sound abrasive but it has the opposite effect somehow. The beat knocks nicely as well over that faint melody.

Just got around to listening to these. While the DFN LP seemed like a couple long minimal jams on a new piece of gear, these are cool little tunes with quite a bit more variety. Good shit! A3 and A5 are my favorites upon first listen.

A3 sounds like a menacing level from an NES game like Metroid or something. But super funky. Someone mentioned it sounds like a boss battle right? Spot on. Fucking love it! Can anyone pick out what drum machine is being used?

A5 is really beautiful little piano tune...love the muffled lofi quality. I wonder how it was recorded. To cassette, then copied between cassettes like 100 times?

Just got around to listening to these. While the DFN LP seemed like a couple long minimal jams on a new piece of gear, these are cool little tunes with quite a bit more variety. Good shit! A3 and A5 are my favorites upon first listen.

A3 sounds like a menacing level from an NES game like Metroid or something. But super funky. Someone mentioned it sounds like a boss battle right? Spot on. Fucking love it! Can anyone pick out what drum machine is being used?

A5 is really beautiful little piano tune...love the muffled lofi quality. I wonder how it was recorded. To cassette, then copied between cassettes like 100 times?

Yeah

62a6d4972b.jpg

but then Joyrex scrubbed the thread clean of any posts involving youtube links or pm requests, throwing the meme out with the bathwater.

A5 is beautiful. The lofi quality really gives it a sentimental value as it reminds me of a cross between Slo Bird Whistle from the peel sessions and Aisatsana, agree with it sounding as though it was repeatedly re-recorded, although the bird songs sound like they're less muffled and higher fidelity, giving them a more lifelike presence in the track. Or maybe I'm just imagining that part. 

Edited by Hail Sagan

Yeah, gives it that nostalgic feel. Besides repeatedly re-recording I guess he could have played the piano track through some old worn out speakers and recorded the result. You're right. The birdsong has much less distortion, if any.

doesn't he remic stuff in his rooms, so the piano's in the room with a weird mic, maybe the mic's down a toilet or in a bath full of water or something (i used a aqua mic at sound uni with similar sludge sound] and then the audio of that is played outside with the speakers up a tree at 4am with the birds or owt

then you mic the outside area up.

basically if you have the time and money to do such things you would

B3 is just pure magic!!! What a magnificent track...

Lovinf this lp more and more after each listen.

The more I hear it the more I have the feeling the tracks are from different periods, or maybe the remakes of some periods like someone stated before.  

Can't imagine what his next album is gonna be like... 

B3 is just pure magic!!! What a magnificent track...

The more I hear it the more I have the feeling the tracks are from different periods, or maybe the remakes of some periods like someone stated before.  

Can't imagine what his next album is gonna be like... 

B3 is probably my favorite right now. +2 on your other points.

Yeah

62a6d4972b.jpg

but then Joyrex scrubbed the thread clean of any posts involving youtube links or pm requests, throwing the meme out with the bathwater.

damn i want to play this game

How many were actually available?

The Bleep people didn't want to share that info. Probably between 500 and 1000 is my guess. 

I read somewhere else it was 500, but I don't recall where that was. May not have been a credible source anyway.

edit: so I guess I just wasted my time writing that, and wasted your time reading it and this explanation too. =/ lolsrry

Edited by Bulk VanderHooj

How many were actually available?

The Bleep people didn't want to share that info. Probably between 500 and 1000 is my guess.

I read somewhere else it was 500, but I don't recall where that was. May not have been a credible source anyway.

edit: so I guess I just wasted my time writing that, and wasted your time reading it and this explanation too. =/ lolsrry

Hahaha

I picked my copies up at about 1pm. There were, from what was visible, about 20 or so pre-prepared bags and 9 sealed on the table. Got to say, as soon as I walked in and saw afx poly bags it raised the heart rate!

It didn't look like they had loads behind the counter.

so was there not a primavera record?

Unfortunately, no. He just premiered that crazy song there. No Forbidden Fruit white label either. 

Will he maybe do one each year? 

so was there not a primavera record?

Unfortunately, no. He just premiered that crazy song there. No Forbidden Fruit white label either. 

Will he maybe do one each year? 

Or one per continent maybe ? First was America, this one in Europa and a last one at his forthcoming Japanese show ?