IGNORED

Autechre. NTS Residency. (_O_)

Stock

For being 8 hours long i found the NTS sessions to be quite digestible when released with a week in between. Maybe i have become more accustomed to the style they have developed but i feel like i'm already able to wrap my head around this release in a way that i still haven't with elseq.

sean and rob while reading the ae subforum, high af, picking their noses, thinking 'let's do another AAA session m9?' 'cool yeah'

Fun fact: one of us WATMMers originally uploaded that vid on YouTube (not me)

Thank you, auxien!!!

=D

A little off topic... But I think the NTS Sessions have given me a different perspective on EP7... (I mean, these Sessions have basically had that effect on all of their previous albums for me, but EP7 is the standout)

I've always liked it, but it's really hitting me hard after all this new material.

=X

Any time :)

I've barely touched any older AE since NTS came out, save for a few remixes or single tracks here and there. Heard lots of older albums' DNA in the NTS Sessions though for sure, I imagine there'll be a lot of people having that same reaction you're having.

Back in AE Live now...so fuckin good!

This thread turned pretty quickly to a hardcore cringefest

As I bare a bit of the responsibility for that, I would like to apologize.

I've been trying to get it back on track ever since... But I seem to be failing.

=X

I've been trying to get it back on track ever since... But I seem to be failing.

=X

relax. it's not like aimless snobisms without taking any actual stance besides joining some alleged cool club are helping to raise the quality of discussion much either.

this is genius! The only thing which can save the thread from its pathetic state is an opinionated discussion about hi-res audio formats.

Edited by Guest

While listening to the slowed down bqbqbq I realized it was in 4/4. fuckin cool.

120bpm, hey? During the broadcast personally I only managed to locate the pulse towards the end, because if I'm not mistaken that's when the snare drum becomes more steady. I think of it as 12/8 or 4/4 in triplets

Listening to NTS 1 thru 4 in sequence now, but after this round I might check out the new Dr. Octo and Prefuse 73. I love Ae, but I still need the occasional break even from their music.

=X

I didn't know it was hardcore cringefest material to quietly ask for peach tea tbh

Well... most people who have very little experience with tea think of peach as THE controversial flavor...

It just so happens that my mother is a tea-a-phobe and I was raised in a peach hating environment, so it was really easy for me to see the hatred of tea coming through 'between the lines' of D4's post.