IGNORED

Autechre. NTS Residency. (_O_)

Stock

from Leisure system facebook : 

Tune in TONIGHT for another LS-episode on Red Bull Radio, this time with resident N. Beckett diving deep into his love of genre-blurring, nonconformist electronics with a spotlight on Oneohtrix Point Never and his upcoming record on Warp Records “Age Of”.
Also featured: tracks from fellow electronic abstractors Holly HerndonLaurel HaloArca and more, ending with a new track from LS-darlings Autechre (æ)
Airing from midnight in Europe, 11pm in the UK, 6pm in New York and 3pm in LA.
Listen here: https://www.redbullradio.com/…/episo…/electronic-abstractors

are we talking about an unreleased track ? or maybe just a track from NTS 1-4

the track order has a good flow. better than elseq. i never played elseq in order much. I'd usually shuffle or choose certain songs. pretty much all their other albums have really good flow. NTS is a return to that, and maybe even better because they are performed live. how crazy that i can put on an 8 hour album that is such an unrivaled beast.

Really? 

oh yeah, this hasn't been established, has it

i kind of assumed they were performed like AE_LIVE because it's called "sessions" which basically always means performance in this context

i feel like s&b would want to do it that way

i think it's pretty safe to say it wasn't. consider how quickly all of it went online after transmissions with tracklists n all, also how obviously planned, conceived and edited as fuk lots of it is. i'd buy that quite some tracks were jammed at their studio (casuals) tho. according to aaa peel sessions were done in their studio, too, so yeah... who really cares tho.

of course not all the work is done live, neither in AE_LIVE nor in the NTS Sessions. They surely have the basic architecture of their tracks done and then fiddle with the parameters to create something unique live

the pitched down versions are incredible who gives a fuck

lol u rite

i missed the stream

Shit, didn't realize it was gonna be that early. Someone had to have heard it?

from 1:08 on gonk sounds like a clown car  when suddenly the breaks fail and the clown driver constantly presses the claxon to warn people while he drives in curves.

flol perfect description.

7:51 is screeching the brakes on gravel then righting itself, love it.

Yes, also the clown is pissing himself laughing about the whole thing.

dat gonk honk

Session 4 is pure perfection. Such a delicate, cohesive collection of tracks. Autechre's nocturnal chill EP.

Current picks from the other sesh's

t1a1

bqbqbq

dummy casual pt2

violvoic

e0

clustro casual

tt1pd

acid mwan idle

g 1 e 1

nineFLY

shimripl air

icari

Listening over the last week before sleep it's hypnagogic heaven

Just noticed the great jazz brushwork on frane casual.  Track is boss AF

that trombone solo on peal MA...

perfect.gif

what trombone solo?

...i intrigued by that nervous melody, just suggested, starting at 6:00, and then appearing and disappearing for just over three minutes. But i don't find the trombone...

Session 1 is the one I go back to the most (yet).

And I realized how impressive the reverb work on Gonk Steady was. Even by Autechrian standards it's out of this world!

peal MA has to be the least mentioned track on a new ae release since at least quaristice, understandable given some of the NTS2 tracks it shares the ring with.

ugh, not reading that

Just noticed the great jazz brushwork on frane casual.  Track is boss AF

that trombone solo on peal MA...

perfect.gif

what trombone solo?

...i intrigued by that nervous melody, just suggested, starting at 6:00, and then appearing and disappearing for just over three minutes. But i don't find the trombone...

dunno bout no trombones but my post was cerious b... the riddim on frane casual really sounds like this (ffwd to 2:55)

here's my sacrilegious ordering of the NTS tracks I like, split into 4 CD-size playlists. not that I'm going to burn these to CDs I just like the length and feel of a self-contained album.

1:

t1a1

bqbqbq

debris_funk

l3 ctrl

six of eight (midst)

mirrage

2:

gonk steady one

four of seven

xflood

gonk tuf hi