IGNORED

Autechre. NTS Residency. (_O_)

Stock

I’m kinda reluctant to listen again.. it’s just too fkn much to handle. Never had this before. It’s absolutely mental.

gonk tuf hi is so good.

Okay also I know the CD/vinyl images are just mockups, but like, what's with the CD cover (not the CD case, but the first individual CD sleeve) having what looks like it might be 01 01 on it? Probably means nothing but I have to wonder these things out loud.

Also does anyone think maybe we need individual Session threads? I almost started them but don't wanna make the AE subforum more of a sprawling mess than it already is. This thread is fine and all...but we are talking about 8 fucking hours of music here.

what i enjoy with all their stuff & probably now more than ever is that it's just ooooooozed with attitude and confidence... really uplifting/energizing to witness...

Also does anyone think maybe we need individual Session threads? I almost started them but don't wanna make the AE subforum more of a sprawling mess than it already is. 

I'd second that - it's a lot to digest. 

gonk tuf hi is so good.

Okay also I know the CD/vinyl images are just mockups, but like, what's with the CD cover (not the CD case, but the first individual CD sleeve) having what looks like it might be 01 01 on it? Probably means nothing

Good spot - Could be 't1a1' and it lists the track names (though if it's a font that big I doubt they'd fit something like 'turbile epic casual, stpl idle' on there!)

Okay so yesterday I was mowing grass and needed a break from podcasts so I listened to north spiral on my shitty /exercise/ style in-ear headphones...couldn't hear any lows at all, and everything was ridiculously muffled but I kept listening anyway and it was actually pretty interesting to hear like that. Listening to it for real now on studio monitors again and damn. It's a good track. Relentless and very detailed. Constantly with the Autechre trademark distracting your ears with on thing while other things are hiding and changing and being introduced and disappearing. We all know they're so good at that, but I have to remind myself occasionally. Lots of changing the shape of the sonic field here, playing with where sounds are placed and stuff. (also yes, that ending does sound like a crash or something totally separate, someone mentioned that many days ago and yes)

gonk tuf hi is so good.

Okay also I know the CD/vinyl images are just mockups, but like, what's with the CD cover (not the CD case, but the first individual CD sleeve) having what looks like it might be 01 01 on it? Probably means nothing

Good spot - Could be 't1a1' and it lists the track names (though if it's a font that big I doubt they'd fit something like 'turbile epic casual, stpl idle' on there!)

Yeah t1a1 would work for that one if they were just pulling a song title to use for that particular CD sleeve or something maybe...right, the size of the font seems to be the important part mostly. 

Could be 01 01 as in Session 01, disc 01? Just thought of that actually, that seems pretty likely. 

Edited by auxien

I'm going to quit my job, burn all my clothes and go live in the woods, naked, where I'll live out my days shitting and cumming into an old frisbee I found, and listen to dummy casual to work up the primal instincts required to forage for small berries and nuts for sustenance.

Every night at the crack of midnight I'll howl my best impressions of Autechre tunes to the moon so as to warn nearby predators of my lushness.

This release has broken me.

forest_trumpg1pbw.jpg

+1

Edited by Guest

Also does anyone think maybe we need individual Session threads? I almost started them but don't wanna make the AE subforum more of a sprawling mess than it already is. 

I'd second that - it's a lot to digest. 

I'll just make another poll thread