IGNORED

Autechre. NTS Residency. (_O_)

Stock

Crickets in here for last hour. Is autechre relevant anymore?

A lot of people probably died listening to NTS2. Just too damn intense.

281e1f9e431d553d0516e319a3e611c3.jpeg

They must have hit the gonk. Let them rest in paece.  

I hope the last ambient piece on NTS 2 is a teaser that there will be more ambient to come in the next session. Not that I mind the great craziness that has been offered so far.

ambient

sean pls

dummy casual pt 2  is a real standout for me.  The beginning sounds like a stereotypical "bad jazz band" that's all out of tune and not coordinated, but in the best way possible.  Then the reverb trumpets remind me of the after-reverb of announcements on a train station, except an alien one (lol)

I hope the last ambient piece on NTS 2 is a teaser that there will be more ambient to come in the next session. Not that I mind the great craziness that has been offered so far.

ambient

sean pls

Both have ended with ambient pieces so far so it's a fair conclusion to think there will be more ambienting going on.

listening again right now aaaand yeah, NTS2 may be one of their best releases.

been listening since confield came out (thank you, radiohead, for namedropping warp and autechre back in the day).

thanks sean and rob.

I was somewhere in space while e0ing. Dat cymbal. May I criticize a bit? More melodic progression, pitch change and/or even key change is needed.

from 1:08 on gonk sounds like a clown car  when suddenly the breaks fail and the clown driver constantly presses the claxon to warn people while he drives in curves.

Edited by Kavinsky

from 1:08 on gonk sounds like a clown car  when suddenly the breaks fail and the clown driver constantly presses the claxon to warn people while he drives in curves.

flol perfect description.

7:51 is screeching the brakes on gravel then righting itself, love it.

My love for bqbqbq is growing fast everyday

I mean it sounds like bleep bloop at first but the soul in it....

It is killing me right now.

Proper aefeelings

Feel blissed despite all the shit going on in my life

<3

I agree, behind the seemingly lack of subtext, bqbqbq reveals an hidden identity  each listening. But it will give its best on long listening, now I am exposed to an excess of immediate stimuli (gonk , violvoic...) that do not allow me to pay due attention. It's like tasting a Catalan cream while eating a wild boar roast. His time will come.

bqbqbq is the sound of a clown talking to a psychiatrist - starting off joking and doing tricks before eventually breaking down when they talk more and more about their disturbed childhood.

Kinda this in musical form:

flol perfect description.

7:51 is screeching the brakes on gravel then righting itself, love it.

Yes, also the clown is pissing himself laughing about the whole thing.