IGNORED

Autechre. NTS Residency. (_O_)

Stock

Slowly taking in the two releases. Initial impressions is that NTS2 feels a lot darker than elseq and exai. 

NTS2 has minor hints of confield. 

So far enjoying 2 more than 1 

hoping 3 gets even more twisted 

Really curious if all you getting harsh high frequencies are sharing any of these qualities: younger (under 25ish?), listening to lower quality or streams, or listening via subpar means (headphones in particular). Or a combination of those things.

God I sound like a douche. Lol

Quality: 320

Output: Nuraphone

Frequencies are A-ok

Use the equalizer if certain frequencies seem too loud

That's like watering down whiskey...

=X

No, I totally agree. However you can best digest AE... So long as you're digesting AE, right?

=D

So is it yes or is it no?

If you make a statement be clear

stick to the rules please

It's not something I would personally do, no.

But if it's such an issue that you can't enjoy the music, by all means... Go for it.

I'm sorry I broke the rules...

Time to smash me with a banhammer, I guess...

Just tone down the ellipses, pls. Edited by Extralife

*jots down ages and product-based income estimes of WATMM members to sell to Zuckerberg*

I kinda figured most having issues with the higher frequency stuff from the last decade of AE might just be younger mostly, and therefore have more sensitivity than Sam and Bob themselves, plus many of us older-ish forumites. That doesn't seem to be the case really though. Guess you're all just a bunch of pussies.

Just joking, of course. Care for your hearing is a good thing, and I'm honestly a touch jealous cause I've not haleard the high frequencies being an issue like y'all are saying, so now I feel like maybe I'm missing out. Though, someone mentioned Tunorizon a page or two ago being an offender, I think when I first heard that from the radio rip it was broadcast on originally the highs did sound a bit grating, but it turned out fine on the CD to me, so I assumed it was the lower quality rip of course.

Also, HK, yeah, ellipses are sort of Joyrex's thing, and he's the boss around here so I wouldn't step on his toes...

Yeah I don't think it's an age thing, I'm 29. It's also not THAT the frequencies are ultra high pitched, that in and of itself doesn't really cause me problems (see gelk for instance), nor is it the sharpness/shrillness of the sound (I fucking love netlon sentinel and it does not bother me at all) it's more to do with the overall mix of these problem tones. When it's a problem it's like they are significantly louder than the rest of the track, and generally burst in unannounced (see the 3rd quarter of gonk steady one. See 15:40 for a particularly nasty instance).

So yeah, it's less about the high frequencies themselves, and more about the mix. I estimate the tones that are generally the problem are around 2-4khz but I haven't had too much success cutting those with an EQ. I'll play around a bit more though and see if I can pinpoint the problem.

Obligatory "I'm not hating I'm actually totally in love with this release so far" disclaimer.

all these people saying 2 > 1. i feel like it's not fair to 1. i just want to say, i like NTS 01 more. of course both melt the word "ridiculous" into an odd phase of reality.

Edited by very honest

i like treble, it make me ear all tingly teehee. u all pussy.

this. must be the same peoples that were seating like lazy bastards throughout the whole london gig. geezus...

i'm still not over NTS2 at all.

i honestly do not even feel raedy for more yet. what could top this?? NTS1 is fucking awesome and grew my hype for new ae even more, last thursday i woke up early before my alarm clock in anticipation like some fucking 5 year old on christmas. now, like some of you, i'm actually considering skipping the rest until the first two sunk in properly...

BUT WHO AM I KIDDING 22196SECS BRING IT ON MOFOS! WWWWWWwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

I arrived at work an hour early today so I can fuck off at 4 on the dot and get straight on stream via phone :^)

I have a date this evening. We haven't mentioned a time yet. If it's before 6 I may make an excuse :^)

'chresday is really friday morning down under (unless up in the wee small hours), but I did get in another NTS2 bicycle ride today, so I hope that counts. If conditions allow, I'll plan to download and ride blind, so a sudden aural assault unbeknownst could make a meal of me.