IGNORED

Coronavirus COVID-19

BCM

3 corona-positive patients in the last 24 hrs in Croatia; 2 weeks passed without a single case in my county!
We’ve been the most extreme in restrictive measures in the EU and we have results. 

• Like 3
  • Farnsworth 2

Awww.

Well that's kind of neat that they're testing it anyway.  Hopefully they won't find a way to somehow muddle the results and make it completely untenable.  I will pray that their voodoo magic somehow works.

With my dick.

Edited by Zephyr_Nova
  • Like 1

You can actually breathe the virus away, using this Rude Dutchman™'s certified method (it absolutely sounds like bullshit but Wim Hof's method to improve the immune system has actually been scientifically proven to be effective):

Can't hold it anymore, I just have to say - the protestors are consistently well-above-average in ugliness. This "movement" really needs to work on getting some non-inbred-looking people in front of the cameras because they are really enforcing the stereotype.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, dingformung said:

You can actually breathe the virus away, using this Rude Dutchman™'s certified method (it absolutely sounds like bullshit but Wim Hof's method to improve the immune system has actually been scientifically proven to be effective):

tumblr_or5lm3KR4e1ql7xb0o3_500.gifv

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, dingformung said:

...four of thousands, and probably because they did it the wrong way and had preconditions. But scepticism is good, should encourage you to read into it more

Next time if wasps attack you just stay put and breathe, BREEEEATHE ?

Will 2020 be the year you start stargazing? You’ve picked a great time to begin. Here are the celestial highlights of the next 12 months: 

The ‘Solstice Ring Of Fire Eclipse’ 

Annular Solar Eclipse Observed In Japan

An annular Solar Eclipse is observed on May 21, 2012 in Tokyo, Japan. (Photo by Masashi Hara/Getty ... [+] GETTY IMAGES

Earth just had one on Christmas Day, but an annular solar eclipse is coming in 2020 that’s extra special. 

Although it will have to be viewed through solar eclipse glasses, the sight of a bright circle around the moon will, on June 21, 2020—the date of the solstice—bring fading light levels and possibly a view of the solar corona to intrepid eclipse-chasers. 

They will gather in Ethiopia, Oman and Tibet for a super-short eclipse lasting as little as 23 seconds. 

Nature’s grandest spectacle: total solar eclipse

A total solar eclipse in Grand Teton National Park on August 21, 2017 outside Jackson, Wyoming. (Photo by George Frey/Getty Images)

A total solar eclipse in Grand Teton National Park on August 21, 2017 outside Jackson, Wyoming. ... [+]GETTY IMAGES

If you've never seen the famous "hole in the sky“—one of nature's greatest displays—another chance will come on December 14, 2020 when the Moon’s central shadow will take just 24 minutes to cross Chile and Argentina. Observers on the centerline of the path of totality (in southern Chile’s beautiful Lake District and Argentina’s region of Patagonia) will experience 2 minutes 9 seconds totality. 

Four lunar eclipses

There will be four penumbral lunar eclipses in 2020. These are not dramatic events, but the sight of a light grey and easy-to-look-at full moon is still a strange sight for experienced moon-gazers. Such eclipses are caused when the Sun, Earth, and the Moon are almost, but not quite aligned, and our satellite drifts into Earth’s shadow for a few hours. Here’s when they’re happening, and who on the Earth’s night-side will see them: 

• January 10, 2020: Wolf Moon Eclipse (Asia, Australia, Europe, and Africa). Note: occurs two weeks after the “Christmas Eclipse” and is the deepest (at 90%), and so the most impressive, penumbral lunar eclipse of 2020.
  • June 5, 2020: Strawberry Moon Eclipse (Asia, Africa and Australia). Note: occurs two weeks before an annular solar eclipse. 57% of the moon will be covered by Earth’s penumbra, so this eclipse will be hard to see. 
  • July 5, 2020: Thunder Moon Eclipse (South America, North America and Africa). Note: occurs two weeks after an annular solar eclipse. Just 35% of the moon will be covered by Earth’s penumbra, so this eclipse will be virtually impossible to observe. 
  • November 29-30, 2020: Frosty Moon Eclipse (North and South America, Australia and East Asia). Note: occurs two weeks before a total solar eclipse in South America. During the event 83% of the moon will be covered by Earth’s penumbra.

A penumbral lunar eclipse from 2017.

A penumbral lunar eclipse from 2017. 

JAMIE CARTER

Three supermoons

Defined as less than 223,694 miles from the center of Earth, supermoon full moons will occur three times in 2020. If you want to appreciate their larger apparent size, always look east at moonrise or west at moonset. Only when they are close to the horizon can you appreciate their extra size and brightness. 

• March 9: Super Worm Moon
  • April 8: Super Pink Moon
  • May 7: Super Flower Moon

Super Moon On Spring Equinox In China

BEIJING, CHINA - MARCH 21: A super moon, announcing the end of the winter season, rises behind the ... [+] VISUAL CHINA GROUP VIA GETTY IMAGES

‘Giant planet week’

Since Earth is an inner planet, on one day each year it gets between the Sun and each outer planet. On that day that planet is at its brightest as seen from Earth. In 2020, both Saturn and Jupiter go into so-called “opposition” in the same week. A small telescope will get your awesome views of Jupiter’s cloud bands and Saturn’s rings. 

• July 14: Jupiter at opposition
  • July 20: Saturn at opposition

heic1914a

The NASA/ESA Hubble Space Telescope reveals the intricate, detailed beauty of Jupiterâs clouds in ... [+] NASA, ESA, A. SIMON (GODDARD SPA

Three promising meteor showers

2019 wasn't a particularly good year for shooting stars, with many of the year’s major meteor showers marred by bright moonlight. It gets a little easier in 2020, with the moon staying out of the way of these displays, though August’s Perseids meteor shower is again a casualty of our satellite’s brightness. Here are the three to plan for:

• April 21-22: Lyrids meteor shower (moon is 1% illuminated)
  • November 16-17: Leonids meteor shower (moon is 5% illuminated)
  • December 13-14: Geminids meteor shower (moon is 1% illuminated)

Perseid Meteor Shower 2019

TRONA, CALIFORNIA - AUGUST 02 -- View of meteorite streaking over Trona Pinnacles near Death ... [+] GETTY IMAGES

A ‘Great Solstice Appulse’

Here’s something that’s not happened since the year 2000, and won’t happen again until 2040. On December 21, 2020—the exact date of the solstice—Saturn and Jupiter will appear incredibly close together (just 0.06º apart) right after sunset. Astronomer’s call this an “appulse”or a “great conjunction.” It will all be a matter of perspective; Jupiter and Saturn will actually be 733 million miles from each other, as well as being 887 million miles and 1620 million miles from Earth, respectively. However, from Earth, the giant gas planets will appear almost as one.

Wishing you clear skies and wide eyes

2020? Far out, maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan.

4 minutes ago, xox said:
12 minutes ago, dingformung said:

...four of thousands, and probably because they did it the wrong way and had preconditions. But scepticism is good, should encourage you to read into it more

Next time if wasps attack you just stay put and breathe, BREEEEATHE ?

Nah, I would use my strong vascular system that I trained in preparation for a situation like this to make my body do the appropriate thing, in this case running away.

11 hours ago, sweepstakes said:

Can't hold it anymore, I just have to say - the protestors are consistently well-above-average in ugliness. This "movement" really needs to work on getting some non-inbred-looking people in front of the cameras because they are really enforcing the stereotype.

White trash. Even white people don't care about white trash.

I'm tempted to think that the reason they are allowed to protest armed is that they are so fucking incompetent and pathetic. They look like they would hurt themselves first before they can be a danger toward society. 

They are the saddest kind of terrorist. The incompetent kind you almost feel sorry for. ?

9 hours ago, dingformung said:

No one has ever drowned from taking an aspirin though :shrug:

17 minutes ago, rhmilo said:

You sure?

Seriously though, I kinda like Wim Hof and I actually do think there is value in his breathing methods. But he's a bit goofy. Probably too much oxygen in his brain. ?

1 hour ago, goDel said:

You sure?

Seriously though, I kinda like Wim Hof and I actually do think there is value in his breathing methods. But he's a bit goofy. Probably too much oxygen in his brain. ?

Dunno, what he's doing looks suspiciously like turning a circus act into self help with health claims, which can be very dangerous*.

* Dangerous for gullible people, anyway.

Sure. No argument there. But gullible people are a danger to themselves. I'm not going to blame him for that. He's not the president of the US of A. He doesn't represent any formal institute.

It's just his opinion. Or a bit more than that as his techniques have actually been studied in the past. Obviously not for Corona though. 

11 minutes ago, Candiru said:

What if autoerotic asphyxiation cured coronavirus? 

It does. If you keep it up long enough.

• Burger 1

3 hours ago, rhmilo said:

3000 people die from Aspirin each year, not sure how much of them drowned because of it, though ? 

1 hour ago, rhmilo said:

Dunno, what he's doing looks suspiciously like turning a circus act into self help with health claims, which can be very dangerous*.

* Dangerous for gullible people, anyway.

Of course, there are many pseudo gurus and esoteric charlatans around and admittedly this New Age-y aesthetic Wim Hof goes for doesn't make it seem trustworthy but he has been studied and researched and his method is proven to strengthen the immune system. I didn't claim that it cures Corona, but a strong immune system definitely makes it more likely that you belong to the group that doesn't die from it. If I understand it correctly the idea is to periodically over and under saturate the blood with oxygen and that way stimulate important body functions that are underdeveloped as a result of modern lifestyle (wearing clothes all the time, always being in heated environments, flat breathing etc.). Another part of it is cardio vascular training through gradually increased exposure to coldness. I'm sure there are more ways to improve the immune system, simply doing some sports, eating healthy and taking cold showers probably already helps a bit (truism).

4 hours ago, goDel said:

White trash. Even white people don't care about white trash.

I'm tempted to think that the reason they are allowed to protest armed is that they are so fucking incompetent and pathetic. They look like they would hurt themselves first before they can be a danger toward society. 

They are the saddest kind of terrorist. The incompetent kind you almost feel sorry for. ?

It's funny until something like the Oklahoma City bombing happens

• Like 1

On 5/2/2020 at 1:15 PM, xox said:

3 corona-positive patients in the last 24 hrs in Croatia; 2 weeks passed without a single case in my county!
We’ve been the most extreme in restrictive measures in the EU and we have results. 

also helps that croatia isnt exactly the business capital of europe and its not the go-to tourist destination in europe either

• Farnsworth 1

12 minutes ago, milkface said:
On 5/2/2020 at 2:15 PM, xox said:

also helps that croatia isnt exactly the business capital of europe and its not the go-to tourist destination in europe either

Wrong. Croatia is one of the tourism hotspots of Europe. Of course during the pandemic not so much.

Edited by dingformung
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Mesh Gear Fox said:

lol thanks for the link to the wikipedia page just in case there's anyone on watmm younger than 17 and doesn't know what you're talking about ?

Well, people outside US don't usually actually remember this, maybe because of all the other terrorism that overshadowed it in the 2000s. But I'd guess most people in watmm do.

1 hour ago, Mesh Gear Fox said:

lol thanks for the link to the wikipedia page just in case there's anyone on watmm younger than 17 and doesn't know what you're talking about ?

Well, I do believe there are maybe one or two young'uns on here, so you know, for their benefit ...

grandpa-telling-stories.jpg