IGNORED

Coronavirus COVID-19

BCM

just spoke to a presumably trump-friendly "constitutionalist" neighbor about the current lockdown here in WA. I kept a straight face and friendly tone, bc making enemies of my neighbors right now would be stupid, but man there is no changing the mind of the gun toting boomer. he was furious that he isn't allowed to go to church but people can still buy pot. i don't think he understood that the former is a gathering, the latter is retail with the ability to keep people distanced. apparently gun shops are closed here too, deemed unessential, but this man believes that is 100% unconstitutional. I was under the impression that the 2nd amendment says we can *have* guns, not that we have the right to purchase them every day of the year, come hell or high water. but what do i know. he also seemed on board with mcconnell's idea to let states declare bankruptcy. even though that's quite likely unconstitutional. cool. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Facepalm 2
  • Burger 2
  • Farnsworth 1

They're Olympic mental gymnasts. Kind of weird to see the GOP flip to being federalists in my lifetime.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Braintree said:

They're Olympic mental gymnasts. Kind of weird to see the GOP flip to being federalists in my lifetime.

Any way the wind blows the leaves of the money tree.

Edited by sweepstakes

Any of you guys on Nextdoor? That shit is terrifying. So many numbnuts in my neighborhood. I don’t interact with them but I check in here and there to see what the latest local developments might be. I usually regret it.
It seems that there’s a large percentage of posters that think either they shouldn’t be forced to stay at home or that they are getting covid from 5G towers (all of these posters also have their fair share of Fox News talking points). 
The sad fact is, my neighborhood now looks like it might have the 3rd highest case count of any of the neighborhoods in my city and that is with a considerably smaller population than the two higher-count neighborhoods. Most other neighborhoods in my city with comparable population sizes have vastly smaller case counts. It’s really upsetting. 

It really comes down to whether or not you’re dumb enough to get the virus. 

Edited by J3FF3R00
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, milkface said:

Thankfully everyone in my neighbourhood has been on best 'behaviour', everyone's taking social distancing and staying at home really seriously. No nutters here.

Mine too, but most of the area grocery stores are full of idiots. Some guy grabbed a lime inches away from my hand yesterday. Not giving a fuck is a pretty sorry political stance.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, prdctvsm said:

10 years ago that guy was writing about the benefits of creative destruction in a capitalist model.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Mesh Gear Fox said:

i don't think anyone ate a pangolin, the virus just gestated / mutated in there and crossed over to humans. i think the idea is the virus did originate in bats but it couldn't affect humans until it crossed to pangolins, and something happened there that made it infectious for humans. this is only the gist of it, someone with more info needs to pipe up here tho.

i reckon most likely scenario is it escaped from a lab. the fact that the virology lab is nearby and they were studying bat coronaviruses there makes me think it's too big of a coincidence. this is all old news though, hardly a fresh take.

there's no evidence pangolin's have anything to do with it, it's just a hypothesis. 

the most likely explanation is it was transferred to a human directly from contact with an infected bat, that's how these viruses usually spread. it's possible it spread from a lab, because someone got careless and infected themselves, but there's no evidence of that either.

32 minutes ago, milkface said:

Go on Ben Garrison's website if you have a strong stomach and look at his latest 10 or so coronavirus cartoons. I knew the guy was retarded but not to this extent.

• Sad 1
  • Facepalm 1

I still wonder if Elon Musk is actually intelligent. Not sure if that was his birth name or had it legally changed at some point to make it sound more sci-fi.

• Like 1

If only the American right were as vocal against homelessness and inequality (when it involves anyone that doesn't have white skin) as they are with so called violated rights that are being violated to stop the spread of a pandemic. Systematic police brutality and a prison population that makes up 1 in 4 people imprisoned in the world is fine but MUH CANT GET A HAIRCUT. Selfishness and """individualism""" is a plague.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2