IGNORED

Autechre. Live. Twentytwentytwo.

Iwanttobefree

Hello?

hellospiral

: my friend has a bunch of your unreleased tracks from 2012 that are apparently from a CDr you left at Hanal's place. He won't share them with us and will only play them from his phone at me so I can hear bits. He feels it's morally wrong to share them with us. Do you care if he does?

• Like 1
  • Farnsworth 1

I only could listen to last 20 min or so but yep, is the same setup as 2015 with more sampling from SIGN/PLUS era. This is the kind of music that you need to listen on a good acoustic theather. nice gig from ae!

19 hours ago, X4creek said:

SEAN IS DOING A QNA ON TWITCH RN

https://www.twitch.tv/4utechre

In the first hour of this AMA Sean mentions there being some cock-up(s?) due to stress (presumably of the first performance after all this time). Is there anything that seemed noticeable ? (don't want to spoil the set so not listening to anything till I go to the Barbican performance)

EDIT: Or is it just their recording for a possible future live release that got messed up ?

45 minutes ago, Draft78 said:

a guy in the chat wrote "I'm recording everything and soon I'll upload to youtube" ... anyway, on the twitch page there is already everything: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1495439243

yeah it's this YT channel i guess:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1eB-tLk7Sq03lgXcUW93yw

• Like 1

On 6/3/2022 at 11:23 PM, jaderpansen said:

digging what i can make out, which isn't super-much i'm afraid, some eqing helped tho.

around 8 minutes in i think i could spot a sped up version of the ending of ecol 4... if i'm not mistaken. pretty fucking cool!

also thanks for sharing!

Gorgeous - much better recording than mine

Loving what I'm hearing so far. Ae will release an official download of Primavera and other '22 appearances inshallah. Listening to the remastered version posted right now and whoaaaaa. Pictured below, my face every few seconds:

Happy Very Funny GIF by Disney Zootopia

• Like 4

Apparently their recording of the Primavera gig got fucked up, but they will record the upcoming gigs which will likely be released at some point in the future (after the touring ends)

Edited by azatoth
  • Sad 2
  • Burger 1

So was it this with the theatre's lights all out? Laser light show? Some generative Jitter visualisers running? A slideshow of Sean & Rob visiting Ibiza? MilkDrop?

My gf came to low>autechre in the auditorium. She's generally not an electronica listener so I was stoked to hear what she'd think. The only reference point she had was the theme music to Playdeads's Inside game, wheich she introduced me to the week before. As soon as I heard that I said "omg you'll love autechre - just imagine that game's universe when listening". She also doesn't do drugs

Result: she totally tripped out on it, staring at the soft reflections of mobile phones on the ceiling, imaging the game

For me it was the most autechre yet of their sets - AE_LIVE_2015 were amazing with drops and definite threads, AE_LIVE_18 was a lot more organic with fewer solid hooks and this is definitely further along thta trajectory..   very little regular melodies, beats. Nothing to hang onto..super organic and blobby. LOVE IT.. 

Mind you as I re-listen Im sure the hooks will emerge. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, phudoshin said:

My gf came to low>autechre in the auditorium. She's generally not an electronica listener so I was stoked to hear what she'd think. The only reference point she had was the theme music to Playdeads's Inside game, wheich she introduced me to the week before. As soon as I heard that I said "omg you'll love autechre - just imagine that game's universe when listening". She also doesn't do drugs

Result: she totally tripped out on it, staring at the soft reflections of mobile phones on the ceiling, imaging the game

For me it was the most autechre yet of their sets - AE_LIVE_2015 were amazing with drops and definite threads, AE_LIVE_18 was a lot more organic with fewer solid hooks and this is definitely further along thta trajectory..   very little regular melodies, beats. Nothing to hang onto..super organic and blobby. LOVE IT.. 

Mind you as I re-listen Im sure the hooks will emerge. 

fondly remember that game and this part in particular, truely unique amalgamation of gameplay and sound design! ❤️ it also had a super elaborate ARG going: https://wiki.gamedetectives.net/index.php?title=Inside_ARG

• Like 1

I don't want to wish the summer away, but with the impromptu AMA, and the anticipation bubbling up in this thread, I'm feeling impatient about the Barbican gig(s).

Interested to hear if they approach the two shows differently. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Same. I got tickets to both.

Im hoping they are aware that there will be lots of us seeing both shows, and make both sets a different experience.

But hey, it's Autechre...who fucking knows! (or cares...twice in one day...I mean....FUCK!!!!)

Edited by Untitled
bad spelling and grammar and being over excited and being a dick.....
  • Like 3

17 minutes ago, Untitled said:

Same. I got tickets to both.

Im hoping they are aware that there will be lots of us seeing both shows, and make both sets a different experience.

But hey, it's Autechre...who fucking knows! (or cares...twice in one day...I mean....FUCK!!!!)

saw them in 2015 both nights in portland and the sets were different enough. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Shimon_Shimon said:

I don't want to wish the summer away, but with the impromptu AMA, and the anticipation bubbling up in this thread, I'm feeling impatient about the Barbican gig(s).

Interested to hear if they approach the two shows differently. 

Honestly holding out from listening to bootlegs between now and then is going to be hard. Going to both shows too, somewhat hoping they do very different sets but, hey whatever.

• Like 1

On 6/12/2022 at 2:09 AM, mTesc said:

Anybody else feel like TAPR was trying to get a reprise in at around the 25 min mark (and for a bit thereafter) on the Primavera recordings?

well, this sounds not at all like "tapr" to me ?

anyway, I  finally have time to listen a bit to the set - firt thing noticed is how every different bootlegs brings differents details to it (probably due to 1- gear used to record and how the mic was oriented and 2- where the recorder was in the room)

had first listen yesterday from one recording - not lot of details, + me being really tired so felt asleep on it after ten minutes . :lol:

but now having a listening from another rec wich have more clarity - and I'm awake - so I can have more insights : it's gooooood.  so dense.

you can feel some of sign / plus + nts + esleq base patch , all morphed in and out into a spooky scenario.

very cool. ghostly. huge. breathtaking. .... (I can feel this despite the basic pirate-mic rec quality context).

I love how you can hear that they seem of sort of use the venue's acoutsics response and dig into it.  to me, obvioulsy they does.

anyway thanks guys for all those recs & uploads & sharing / reposting.

• Like 2