IGNORED

London 19.08.23

silentvision

On 7/14/2023 at 2:19 PM, Hodorsbn said:

I'm going, we wanted to do a London trip this year anyway and this seemed like a good thing to anchor that around.

I think there's enough besides Aphex to make it worth it to arrive a few hours before his set at least.
I too like Bonobo for nostalgia reasons, Fever Ray is interesting musically, I've wanted to see Jon Hopkins for a while, I've seen and enjoyed Moderat.
SBTRKT, Actress, Hagop, Kai Campos interest me.

Paid for the fancy ticket cause we felt like splurging on something, I'm not expecting it to be super worth it tho.

Overall same here.

Agree that it's less compelling than 2017, but I look forward to, in addition to Aphex, seeing Hagop, Arca, Fever Ray

• 4 weeks later...

Coming in from USA, gonna wear a flag as a cape at the show, can't decide which type of patriotic weapon to bring 🤪

I will be wearing the aphex tee I've had since 2005 though.

Flying in overnight Friday, probably gonna have to nap before the show. Rather nice it isn't going super-late though.

• Like 1

More than happy meet up and have a few beers with you all :beer:

I will be heading there just to see Aphex but will be arriving a few hours early just to drink beer and various other alcoholic beverages and just chill before the main event. I dunno was thinking of arriving about 6.30pm to 7pm. So definitely no rare merch or records for me. 

Keep me updated on this page what's happening because I don't venture onto discord (what's that?) nor twitter, nor chattm (if that's what its called)

• Like 3

PS

I'm already beginning to buzz with excitement. I have to give great thanks to my good friend Mr Gary Mace who's giving me a lift home (all the way to Burnham, Berkshire) otherwise I doubt this would happen 🤘

Will be kinda cool to meet watmmers as I've never done that before :datboi:

Edited by beerwolf
  • Like 2

I'll be coming from the US. Had a bit of a panic attack earlier because my outgoing flight got canceled the day before but I was able to get them to book me another flight around the same time.

I'm staying in Shoreditch, any recommendations?

Man, I'm so jealous 😭

Also hyped though, hoping it's streamed or recorded.

Kinda 83% expecting Richard to drop a new album at the venue; Too much PR for just an EP release and his new SoundClown background looks like something off an album cover.

Imminence 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Herr Jan said:

Last time at Field Day I wore my avatar on a t-shirt to make it obvious, not sure what I'll wear this year but look out for a tall lanky blonde idiot with a heavy Dutch accent.

What are some underrated places in the Netherlands? I'm going there after London. I've been to Amsterdam and Rotterdam for at least a few days each and Haarlem and Utrecht for a few hours each.

1 hour ago, avinit said:

Man, I'm so jealous 😭

Also hyped though, hoping it's streamed or recorded.

Kinda 83% expecting Richard to drop a new album at the venue; Too much PR for just an EP release and his new SoundClown background looks like something off an album cover.

Imminence 

99% sure they're closeups of the collapse deluxe edition artwork

https://i.discogs.com/m2tr0c8MWStDyMJu8atgt9f1sCo-pVz6oEnof60MGds/rs:fit/g:sm/q:90/h:600/w:600/czM6Ly9kaXNjb2dz/LWRhdGFiYXNlLWlt/YWdlcy9SLTEyNTEy/NTAwLTE1Mzc4NjI5/MDEtNzQxOS5qcGVn.jpeg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Herr Jan said:

Last time at Field Day I wore my avatar on a t-shirt to make it obvious, not sure what I'll wear this year but look out for a tall lanky blonde idiot with a heavy Dutch accent.

Oh damn, that's an obvious idea I didn't think of.  I didn't bring my avatar shirt even though I have one.  I'll be wearing my Analogical Force tshirt (I think).

I arrived in London today; will work with my UK folks in office rest of week.  Staying in Spitalfields near Shoreditch.  

I roughly plan on doing the whole day at Field Day (VIP tickets wut) since I want to see Hagop and he's on earlylearly.  I'm bringing a close friend from work since I had an extra ticket.  He has a mullet.  But it's like a Polish hipster kind of mullet?

6 hours ago, Herr Jan said:

2 hours ago, atypic said:

Oh damn, that's an obvious idea I didn't think of.  I didn't bring my avatar shirt even though I have one.  I'll be wearing my Analogical Force tshirt (I think).

I arrived in London today; will work with my UK folks in office rest of week.  Staying in Spitalfields near Shoreditch.  

I roughly plan on doing the whole day at Field Day (VIP tickets wut) since I want to see Hagop and he's on earlylearly.  I'm bringing a close friend from work since I had an extra ticket.  He has a mullet.  But it's like a Polish hipster kind of mullet?

@Joyrex … here’s a marketing opportunity for you:

Sell watmm t-shirts with the…spacer.png

… logo for cheap and kick up the price a tiny bit for people to pop their avatar image on the back, sort of like watmm sports jerseys.