IGNORED

What TV series are you watching at moment?

Npoess

binge watched The Outsider over the weekend. I knew nothing about it, but saw Jason Bateman was in it so gave it a go based on that. I was pleasantly surprised when it headed in the direction it went. the first 5-6 episodes or so were absolutely killer. but then it started to take to long to get to the finish line, and IMO wound up with a very disappointing ending. this could have been better suited to a 2hr movie, or maybe a 6 episode mini-series, instead of 10 episodes.

yes, the final episode goes full retard.

I really had a good time with the show either way though.

Edited by Silent Member

As Creepshow is one of my favorite horror films ever, I’m hesitant to get my hopes up for this.  Still haven’t made my way thru season 1 of the tv series yet.  It can’t be worse than the David S. Pumpkins animated special, right? ?

18 hours ago, Rubin Farr said:

As Creepshow is one of my favorite horror films ever, I’m hesitant to get my hopes up for this.

don't. just set the bar ultra low and you'll be fine. I gave up after a few episodes. 

which begs the question - are there any good horror anthology shows worth checking out? where it is a different cast/story each episode. the old twilight zone's are of course canon for this, although not all are strictly horror.

I'm starting on Masters of Horror now and went with the John Carpenter episode first, which was excellent. but all the rest of them are rated fairly low.

36 minutes ago, zero said:

don't. just set the bar ultra low and you'll be fine. I gave up after a few episodes. 

which begs the question - are there any good horror anthology shows worth checking out? where it is a different cast/story each episode. the old twilight zone's are of course canon for this, although not all are strictly horror.

I'm starting on Masters of Horror now and went with the John Carpenter episode first, which was excellent. but all the rest of them are rated fairly low.

There’s about to be a Clive Barker renaissance on TV in the next couple of years, this was first up:

8A180D48-2CEC-4F1D-8F7B-8D260B791A4C.jpeg

• Like 1

Tales from the Darkside is excellent if you haven't seen it already. It's pretty dated by now, but that just adds to the charm.

The 1995 Outer Limits reboot was pretty fun if I'm not remembering it wrong, but my memory isn't really to be trusted. I think it's more sci fi than horror.

As far as newer stuff goes, no not really, they're all shit. Masters of horror contains some of the worst work of all the directors involved, but a couple of the episodes are ok.

I'm two episodes deep in Monsterland, first episode was ok, second was kinda crap. I appreciate the somber take on monsters though, more of a social commentary than anything.

Edited by Silent Member
  • Like 1

the new episode of mandalorian. just like the last season, pretty boring, looks nice, i appreciate the bigatures and sets, all sorts of gay shit crammed in there for the fanboys (which i picked up on of course do to being a star wars tard in my youth) olyphant was ok i guess, one of those actors you can't hate even though they are objectively crap at saying lines. does that make him a bad actor? maybe? extremely stupid prequel reveal at the end. 

Mandalorian season 2 premiere was pretty good, no Esposito wielding the Dark Saber, but there is a cliffhanger 

Spoiler

It has to be Boba Fett, right?  Bc all other clones had growth acceleration, and as shown in SW Rebels, the original Jango clones are much older (Captain Rex has been retconned into ROTJ, and he had the grey beard look as in Rebels)

I loved the queen's gambit. I wish more netflix shows were that tightly paced. I guess being a limited series makes it easier to get the plot sequencing right. No filler, it just flows so well from scene to scene.