IGNORED

What TV series are you watching at moment?

Npoess

14 hours ago, Rubin Farr said:

Tony’s Mother’s head on a double’s body goes down as the worst Sopranos FX, but they were scrambling after she unexpectedly died.

Yeah it was so Jarring! I feel like the best call at that point would be to just cut her from the season? like still go through with the (spoilers) funeral, but just say she died off screen I guess?

Fear the Walking Dead: I'm pleased that this series answers questions like, why don't you just get on a fucking boat? And, why don't you just go to fucking Mexico? And also, why don't you just hold up in a bug fancy hotel? It's kinda slow moving though and is not as good as the original due to this. 7/10

3 hours ago, MadameChaos said:

Fear the Walking Dead: I'm pleased that this series answers questions like, why don't you just get on a fucking boat? And, why don't you just go to fucking Mexico? And also, why don't you just hold up in a bug fancy hotel? It's kinda slow moving though and is not as good as the original due to this. 7/10

First episode was quite good tho

Think I stopped end of 2nd series but I might pick it up again someday

Very slowly watching Homecoming. Story is good, acting is good. Watching it on the laptop - feels more personal than on the big screen.  

Also finally started watching Dark with the missus. Intriguing so far, hoping they don’t peter out. 

Queen's Gambit got recommended to me by a couple of sources and it indeed was worth the watch.  Good paced story with good characters held up with strong performances. Taylor-Joy with well deserved accolades. Always good to see Bill Camp, although in a very limited role but playing a character that set the whole thing in motion.

• Like 1

the queen's gambit - 1st episode is basically karate kid with chess instead of karate and 9 year old girls tripping balls... i don't know if there's a name for suspension of disbelief but for when you suspend the fact that your an adult, but you gonna need that... it's very edgy and progressive, you got pills, feminism, pot, bisexuality, alcohol, you name it :rolleyes: you end up forgetting that it is in fact about chess, or is it? it's funny how she complained that in the news all they were raving about was the fact that she was a girl while irl all of us watching it are doing it for the same reason... so much for social commentary? anyway, fun watch...

Edited by Tim_J

Got the World at War set. I have officially become one of those people who is physically repulsed when an aspect ratio is manipulated from the original intention for viewing (some filmmakers like Kubrick shot in ways that provided flexibility but most don't). 

Academy ratio is ok! If it was shot that way, leave it that way!

On 11/19/2020 at 4:19 PM, Tim_J said:

the queen's gambit - 1st episode is basically karate kid with chess instead of karate and 9 year old girls tripping balls... i don't know if there's a name for suspension of disbelief but for when you suspend the fact that your an adult, but you gonna need that... it's very edgy and progressive, you got pills, feminism, pot, bisexuality, alcohol, you name it :rolleyes: you end up forgetting that it is in fact about chess, or is it? it's funny how she complained that in the news all they were raving about was the fact that she was a girl while irl all of us watching it are doing it for the same reason... so much for social commentary? anyway, fun watch...

Finished it tonight. Story was ok. Unfortunately, I never really warmed up to the main girl. Her performance was a bit blank. It made the whole show a bit tedious because her facial expression is the same, no matter what happens. It felt like a deliberate choice but it really didn’t work for me. 

Moonbase 8
nay, sorry, does not compute..

extremely unfunny. fred armisen is comedy poison and Tim has burned just about enough of his goodwill with me by being a crying twitter wimp and Hollywood cuck for the last few years. Mister America was the beginning of the end. A lot of people are mad at him about the MDE shit but I don’t really care about that, Tim has just been a huge pill ever since he got pizzagated on his podcast lol.

John c Reilly can do whatever he wants and I don’t care. He’s in the hall of fame regardless.

Still, this misadventure is an embarrassment and career nadir for all of them.

I just finished watching the whole of the Tim and Eric Awesome Show, Great Job! and I feel it loses it's way a bit towards the end.

Lots of repeated jokes, which after 4 or 5 reworkings I just ended up watching it like this. Ya blew it! JK, it's OK.

steve brule idk GIF

19 hours ago, MadameChaos said:

I just finished watching the whole of the Tim and Eric Awesome Show, Great Job! and I feel it loses it's way a bit towards the end.

Lots of repeated jokes, which after 4 or 5 reworkings I just ended up watching it like this. Ya blew it! JK, it's OK.

steve brule idk GIF

But Spaghett never gets old.

image.gif.3e7788ff9028413d1f11e126b0845385.gif

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nebraska said:

220px-Star_Trek_Discovery_season_3_poste

st discovery: the starbucks iced mocha latte edition

tried season 3 and gave up 2 episodes in. laughably bad

After watching the RLM review, there is no way in hell im watching S2, but whatd you think of the first two seasons?

for reference:

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Acedia said:

whatd you think of the first two seasons?

only watched a few episodes of season 1. basically, until the klingon's are introduced then i stopped. i was hoping it would get cancelled, then i read the /discovery and found everyone subscribed to the theory that "the first seasons of st are always terrible so just wait until around season 3" so i did that.

• Like 1

on cinema at the cinema - i'm not gonna give it the highest score i can give which is 6 bags of popcorn, i'm giving it 5 cause there's no tom cruise in it... and i'll throw 6 tom cruises in there cause that's how much i wanted him to be on it...

on_cinema.jpg  -> Cinema, corn, pop, popcorn icon - Download on IconfinderCinema, corn, pop, popcorn icon - Download on IconfinderCinema, corn, pop, popcorn icon - Download on IconfinderCinema, corn, pop, popcorn icon - Download on IconfinderCinema, corn, pop, popcorn icon - Download on Iconfinder Download TOM CRUiSE Free PNG transparent image and clipartDownload TOM CRUiSE Free PNG transparent image and clipartDownload TOM CRUiSE Free PNG transparent image and clipartDownload TOM CRUiSE Free PNG transparent image and clipartDownload TOM CRUiSE Free PNG transparent image and clipartDownload TOM CRUiSE Free PNG transparent image and clipart

21 hours ago, Tim_J said:

on cinema at the cinema - i'm not gonna give it the highest score i can give which is 6 bags of popcorn, i'm giving it 5 cause there's no tom cruise in it... and i'll throw 6 tom cruises in there cause that's how much i wanted him to be on it...

on_cinema.jpg  -> Cinema, corn, pop, popcorn icon - Download on IconfinderCinema, corn, pop, popcorn icon - Download on IconfinderCinema, corn, pop, popcorn icon - Download on IconfinderCinema, corn, pop, popcorn icon - Download on IconfinderCinema, corn, pop, popcorn icon - Download on Iconfinder Download TOM CRUiSE Free PNG transparent image and clipartDownload TOM CRUiSE Free PNG transparent image and clipartDownload TOM CRUiSE Free PNG transparent image and clipartDownload TOM CRUiSE Free PNG transparent image and clipartDownload TOM CRUiSE Free PNG transparent image and clipartDownload TOM CRUiSE Free PNG transparent image and clipart

• Sad 1