IGNORED

New Album called "Ufabulum"

Guest teetime

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure if anyone mentioned this yet but....

Listen to 303 scopem hard.

Then listen to The Barn (303 Kebab Mix) off big loada.

Same abrasive noise in the beginning and very similar 303 throughout.....

Vinyl boxed set arrived here.... really nicely pressed, whole package is very nice, yet to see the box glow in the dark but will be checking that out later. Upon first listen this is probably the best stuff I've heard so far this year.

To the people who are hating, what exactly DO you want from Squarepusher? More of the same jungle breakfuckery, just like he did 10+ years ago? Or would you complain about that as well?

Good point. I generally ask myself this question when I realize that I'm not toohappy with the new stuff put by artist whose work I generally like (a lot), and can't seem but feel as if his/their new material isn't what I got used to/like most. Good example would be Autechre, with Quaristice and Oversteps. While I generally enjoy those two albums, for me they simply don't reach that level of epicness I can sense so strongly while listening to Confield and Draft 7.30, for example, those two being my favourite Autechre albums. To be fair, I don't even like that much their new logo design appearing on Quaristice (compared to the design present on Confield/Draft 7.30). However, my point is, I respect artist's new direction/approach. Autechre are a perfect example of this progression with every album/release, and so is Aphex, making a different, possibly improved sound with every album. So, I might not enjoy all the artist's work equally, but I respect when artist goes further, decides to try something else, not just "vampirising" on a certain ideas for toolong. Of course, it all depends on artist's attitude, and again also on how great/epic those ideas are. Eventually, we must not forget that there is again a matter of a personal taste, and the fact that not all the fans might be able (if any) to truly follow the evolution of artist's ideas.

Also, what I want to add, there can also exist a certain peak in artist's productivity/creativity. As the time goes on, people change, and so do their states of mind and their abilities in general.

Not sure if anyone mentioned this yet but....

Speaking of beginnings, an intro sound on Dark Steering reminds me a lot of an intro sound on Dreaded Pestilence.

Speaking of beginnings, an intro sound on Dark Steering reminds me a lot of an intro sound on Dreaded Pestilence.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6QOmUx8Idc

yup i posted that few pages back or in the other thread as well. :)

heh good catch

totally forgot about this, was in tower records today(dublin) and seen it there, picked it up, i like it, solid album, a lot lot better than his last 2/3 in my opinion anyway, no epic tracks like tundra etc but its certainly different, not really fan of the kinda digital sounding synths in some parts but overall i think its pretty good if not very good. I am just listening to it in the car, which is where i listen to most music these days - i reckon t will grow more and more as very likable. Nice one Tom!

Guest bitroast

Cd packaging has UV logo and vinyl has glow in the dark ink. What a rip! *throws cd in bin*

I like his new release I just have the feeling he did better with melodies on Go Plastic but I am happy he did a strong release again as I didn't like most of the stuff he did after Ultravisitor. I just didn't like this "best bass guitar player pink shirt wearing squarepusher" image and the music that comes with it.

the shirt looks great too. happy that I bought it

I have heard this today for the first time. First impression good. The album isn't as long as I would have expected based on the length of the two tracks I had heard (Dark Steering and Drax 2 - which turned out to be the two longest). And that's a good thing. It didn't feel short nor did it wear out its welcome. It didn't blow my mind though, which is too bad, but it's definitely more enjoyable than his last few LPs. It pretty much meets my expectations, so now I'm just looking forward to getting to know it better.

I'm still holding out for the physical discs in the mail... and I'm in the US and Bleep's pre-orders usually get to my house about a week or so after release :( I downloaded the digital today and just listened to a few seconds of a few songs and man am I excited now. The tiny little morsels I heard were awesome!

Anyone else in the US waiting for their pre-order?

I'm still holding out for the physical discs in the mail... and I'm in the US and Bleep's pre-orders usually get to my house about a week or so after release :( I downloaded the digital today and just listened to a few seconds of a few songs and man am I excited now. The tiny little morsels I heard were awesome!

Yup. I gave in and listened to the digital version though. Its ufabulous.

Had a first listen.

I'm not sure how you can't listen to this and lol along with Tom re: the conspicuous trance synths and wobwobs in the first half, because he is most certainly inviting you to lol along with him.

This album is a lot of fun.

Not sure what people were expecting, tbqh. This guy came out of the same womb as Ceephax.

Waiting til I get the physical copy to listen to the EP.

Guest kalpol_introl

Looks like the vinyl has been deleted.

Bleep no longer shows it for sale and Boomkat show it as "out of stock" rather than "pre-order"

got my cd in yesterday. oddly enough, bleep's recent orders had said that the t-shirt shipped last tuesday while the cd was supposedly shipped last thursday. nonetheless, received the cd but am still waiting for the shirt. strange....

My vinyl copy came in yesterday; I think the packaging is gorgeous. Put me in the "fan of this release" column.

got my cd in yesterday. oddly enough, bleep's recent orders had said that the t-shirt shipped last tuesday while the cd was supposedly shipped last thursday. nonetheless, received the cd but am still waiting for the shirt. strange....

Still waiting and a little ticked off about it.

Why pay the extra $ for shipping when I could have just walked down the street to get it? I feel like the preorders are what you gotta do, especially if there is a chance the item is limited, but wtf. It cost me $24 as opposed to $17 for the double cd... and I've still got nothing but my dick in my hands.

I'm still waiting on the 2CD preorder, too. Also wondering why bleep doesn't allow a free download of the EP tracks.

Also, my dick is in my hands but no homo.

tried to do the smart thing and order from amazon but they fucked up and now I wont get it until the 29th??? I won't even be in the country at that point. oh well, guess I'll have to download it. whadda gyp

Any one else think this is some of the sickest acid bass on about every track they ever heard???

also i can't skip any tracks, it feels like the album is one big trip

maybe the coolest new album i heard this year!!

WOAH! Just gave it the first spin while out on a walk... my god, the album is fantastic!! Not even sure what else to say about it as I'm still kinda stunned. I'd say Stadium Ice and Energy Wizard were the 2 that were slightly lower than the rest for me.. but still great. This might be the most solid Squarepusher album I've heard.

Enstrobia was very cool as well... and I'm glad it was completely different than the LP. Angel Integer and Panic Massive sound VERY Shobaleader-influenced, but they're both killer. And 40.96a was certainly interesting. Funny to hear Tom at the beginning there.

Also, really slick packaging! Glad I pre-ordered this and didn't just go for the digital release.

This totally blows Clark's release out of the water!

Gave this a listen for the first time today. this album definietly has a level of detail that needs a few listens to grasp, and that's a good thing.

The Metallurgist is sick. it's the mental squarepusher experimentalism i haven't heard since Tundra4. Energy Wizard is wonderful. probably my favourite of the first half.

Archived