IGNORED

Squarepusher - Ufabulum

Redruth

• Replies 819
  • Created
  • Last Reply

for me it's like sneaking in my parents closet when I was a kid and peeking at the presents early. It ruined the feeling of xmas morning. I don't want to ruin xmas morning anymore.

This is getting better with the listens but red in blue, energy wizard * and unreal square are still lame

*Sorry meant stadium ice there

woah I must have really weird tastes, because the first half of the album is fucking excellent to my ears. Yes, including Red in Blue.

Why are you so against hearing the leak if you've already pre-ordered it? There is a flac leak out there, so it can't be about quality. I understand that Warp wants to build hype/anticipation or whatever, but it's kinda ridiculous when we just want to hear the music.

A flac leak? then it must be great and not at all a transcode! it says flac!

Well, whatever. I don't care personally. The MP3 leak I found is of sufficient quality IMO.

Guest pafr

Thanks to the leak and pre-ordering from local record store, I can listen to the album first and then decide whether I want to pick up the overpriced vinyl later since I haven't given them my money yet.

If it's not overpriced then I might not even bother with the leak.

Ah and it just finished downloading, faster than running to the store.

i'm not listening to the leaked version but I am talking about it

I've converted alcofribas's review into music using a cray supercomputer and a unix extrapolation program i call FRIBAS and it sounds pretty good, though. Right up there with the similarly extrapolated alcoversteps.

that's pretty lush.

WHEN I LISTEN TO IT THE FIRST TIME WHEN I HAVE IT IN MY HANDS PHYSICALLY.

Please post a picture of your record player.

First impressions upon first listen...

so awesome

but i can see why there is gonna be butthurt

Why are you so against hearing the leak if you've already pre-ordered it? There is a flac leak out there, so it can't be about quality. I understand that Warp wants to build hype/anticipation or whatever, but it's kinda ridiculous when we just want to hear the music.

cause I'm OCD and my addled brain can rest easy knowing that I'm listening to "the official album"

:cerious:

Yeah, me too. And I like to hold and look at the product while I listen! Nostalgia for the way I did it as a youngun.

Also listening to something I intend to buy or have pre-ordered before I actually have it makes me feel like I'm wasting money. Might as well just keep the downloaded files and not buy it. I know that goes against what I said above (liking the physical format), but that's how it is. There's plenty of stuff I download and never buy, even stuff I like. But for some artists, I (almost) always buy so I want to listen to what I'm purchasing.

Haven't held out much hope for Squarepusher in the past few years, but I have to say I was pretty blown away by the live show and have been surprisingly pleased with the album so far, aside from a couple of wank tracks (Unreal Square, I'm looking at you).

Definitely not at his peak any more and this certainly won't be album of the year for me, but it's certainly enjoyable and his best overall effort in years in my opinion.

Haven't held out much hope for Squarepusher in the past few years, but I have to say I was pretty blown away by the live show and have been surprisingly pleased with the album so far, aside from a couple of wank tracks (Unreal Square, I'm looking at you).

Definitely not at his peak any more and this certainly won't be album of the year for me, but it's certainly enjoyable and his best overall effort in years in my opinion.

That's right because Photodementia is Album of the Year.

MAJOR UPDATE: Guys instead of getting the leak, I just listened to Go Plastic again.

and it was every bit as good as it ever was, maybe even better cause I knew it's still gonna blow the pants of this one.

WHEN I LISTEN TO IT THE FIRST TIME WHEN I HAVE IT IN MY HANDS PHYSICALLY.

Please post a picture of your record player.

I OBVIOUSLY MEANT THAT I HAVE REMOVED THE AUDIO CONTAINING PART OF THE PHYSICAL OBJECT AND PLACED IT ON A RECORD PLAYING MACHINE WHILE I HAVE THE CONTAINER PART OF THE PHYSICAL OBJECT IN MY HANDS WHILE THE SOUNDWAVES FROM MY SPEAKERS ARE HITTING MY HEARDRUMS.

Archived