IGNORED

Squarepusher - Ufabulum

Redruth

• Replies 819
  • Created
  • Last Reply

energy wizard definitely has a skrillex vibe to it, i think it's that formant synth and the sheer maximalism of the whole thing. and a weird 80s vibe with the DX7y thing. but it's fucking good!

"Dark Steering" to me is interesting, because it shows even if you have an eventide orville and some of the most advanced DSP processing equipment in the world, the sound palette on the other end remains the same for over a decade

He also got a Yamaha CS80.

How can you be disappointed with the album when only a small portion of it is available for listening?

If all I heard from Go Plastic is MRHC and that section of Bonneville Occident where Tom for some reason musically quotes Gary Glitter's Rock N Roll, I'd be pretty disappointed in Go Plastic.

How can you be disappointed with the album when only a small portion of it is available for listening?

If all I heard from Go Plastic is MRHC and that section of Bonneville Occident where Tom for some reason musically quotes Gary Glitter's Rock N Roll, I'd be pretty disappointed in Go Plastic.

Precisely

+1

energy wizard definitely has a skrillex vibe to it, i think it's that formant synth and the sheer maximalism of the whole thing. and a weird 80s vibe with the DX7y thing. but it's fucking good!

Is it available to stream somewhere?

Dark Steering is pretty cool. I like it a lot more than some of his other stuff. I say this while not really enjoying Hello Everything and Ultravisitor that much, which means most people probably disagree with what "good Squarepusher is" when it comes to my opinion.

Guest mrgypsum

cant wait for the actual release, dark steering has the old squarepusher vibe at least, less polished than recent releases, at least thats what i am hearing.

Dark Steering is pretty cool. I like it a lot more than some of his other stuff. I say this while not really enjoying Hello Everything and Ultravisitor that much, which means most people probably disagree with what "good Squarepusher is" when it comes to my opinion.

look in the subforum

i still feel like pusher could gain a lot if he surrendered himself to an interesting producer/engineer. I feel like his greatest weakness at this point is being a one-man-band

I'm not sure I can think of anyone that can engineer as well as him. It'd be like putting expensive caviar on soda crackers..

edit: (in my opinion).

I still like you mr awe-owl =)

Guest cult fiction

i still feel like pusher could gain a lot if he surrendered himself to an interesting producer/engineer. I feel like his greatest weakness at this point is being a one-man-band

Yeah he should team up with somebody who can give him a modern sound - make it about half as fast, strip away any melody, bathe it in atmospheric noise, and add some pitched down witch house vocal samples. Then he can sell a limited edition for 200 bucks on boomkat.

3:55 starts some crotch-rocket sounds, reminds me of a racing game

I still like what I'm hearing on this better than anything previous to 2004. SP can still fuck up sound like a king.

and Awe, I like your owl avatar :cerious:

look in the subforum

Thanks.

I found Dark Steering slightly annoying.

And it still feels like he's mostly given up on the complex drum programming that made people give a shit in the first place.

Maybe I'm being harsh.

I like dark steering. I do wish he'd steer clear of the overblown cheesy melodies though, and go for a more minimal/focused approach, but I guess that time has gone.

I found Dark Steering slightly annoying.

And it still feels like he's mostly given up on the complex drum programming that made people give a shit in the first place.

Maybe I'm being harsh.

not at all... i've been waiting 16 odd years for something as complex and original as Feed Me Weird Things... Am I the only one who thinks Squarepusher theme is much much more exciting and interesting than anything on Go Plastic etc? Dark Steering sounds like Pendulum collaborating with Nero and Skrillex

Archived