IGNORED

Squarepusher - Ufabulum

Redruth

• Replies 819
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I found Dark Steering slightly annoying.

I find it more exhausting than annoying : there's not one quiet moment in the entire song.

You make that sound like a bad thing? lol

I found Dark Steering slightly annoying.

I find it more exhausting than annoying : there's not one quiet moment in the entire song.

You make that sound like a bad thing? lol

:) I'm not sure yet, waiting for the album...

Squarepusher tracks sound more fitting with breaks, doesn't have to be the amem break, actually some of his best tracks don't have the amen. He seems to go on these strikes, "oh melodies are cheap", "I'm done with the 101", "no more amen" then he goes back and tries to make up for the lost time when he was in one of these phases.

I too miss the focused, slick melodies of the past. It seems to me it takes more creativity and time to hone-down a melody to sound like it does on say, My Red Hot Car, Ultravisitor or Do You Know Squarepusher - than it does to thrown in the huge, obvious, bombastic synth melodies we've been getting for a while.

both tracks are just fine, enjoying them alot, thank u for the upload!

and yeah it sounds pretty accessible and it's not experimental ground breaking material like some of his releases,

but so what lol, we got pampered a lot in the past and it's straight up squarepusher fused with some of today's music and retro stuff, fucking cool!

kitt2.gif

kitt.gif

looking forward to this abulum and liveshow! dub us in :squarepusher_logo: acid meng

How can you be disappointed with the album when only a small portion of it is available for listening?

If all I heard from Go Plastic is MRHC and that section of Bonneville Occident where Tom for some reason musically quotes Gary Glitter's Rock N Roll, I'd be pretty disappointed in Go Plastic.

What I'm trying to say is, I'd like this album to be jazzy - just like Hello Everything, Just a Souvenir and, to an extent, Shobaleader. jeez...

How can you be disappointed with the album when only a small portion of it is available for listening?

If all I heard from Go Plastic is MRHC and that section of Bonneville Occident where Tom for some reason musically quotes Gary Glitter's Rock N Roll, I'd be pretty disappointed in Go Plastic.

What I'm trying to say is, I'd like this album to be jazzy - just like Hello Everything, Just a Souvenir and, to an extent, Shobaleader. jeez...

but... we just had hello everything, just a souveneir, and shobaleader.

so I think it's time for us electronic (not jazzy) fans to get an album =)

The engine sound was cool. Is it just the quality of the file that makes everything sound so ... grating?

try googling it. I found a youtube vid of it in MUCH higher quality.

The engine sound was cool. Is it just the quality of the file that makes everything sound so ... grating?

There's no youtubes

It's not the 90s anymore. We're not as easily blown away by newly released electronic music, it's not all fresh and exciting like it once was. Some are too hard to please.

I look forward to hearing this new Squarepusher album.

There's no youtubes

there was yesterday. maybe it was taken down. It was high quality too.

edit: found it. "This video has been taken down due to a copyright claim by Warp Records"

Pure shite. I hope what's up for preview is just the worst/brosteppiest parts of the album. Somehow I doubt it.

Squarepusher theme is much much more exciting and interesting than anything

Yes.

Dark Steering sounds like Pendulum collaborating with Nero and Skrillex

LOL

01 - 4001

02 - Unreal Square

03 - Stadium Ice

04 - Energy Wizard

05 - Red In Blue

06 - The Metallurgist

07 - Drax 2

08 - Dark Steering

09 - 303 Scopem Hard

10 - Ecstatic Shock

http://warp.net/reco...pusher/ufabulum

WTF. Energy Wizard is a Skrillex collab. !? No way.

Absolutely LOVE Dark Steering immediately on first listen! This is already exciting me more than Shobaleader & JAS.

Hearing the other track now, and it's nothing too special, yet.. anyways

Absolutely LOVE Dark Steering immediately on first listen! This is already exciting me more than Shobaleader & JAS.

Hearing the other track now, and it's nothing too special, yet.. anyways

I agree. Not sure why others aren't impressed. I'm stoked!

Archived