IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

26 minutes ago, MaartenVC said:

So, can this device only play games from old Game Boy cartridges or could it also play roms from an SD-Card as I imagine some game cartridges might be quite hard to acquire?

On their website it says "Analogue Pocket does not play rom files, it plays legacy game cartridges via the cartridge slot. 2Analogue Pocket is not designed using software emulation."
But I think it took like 2 days from when their Super NT came out to someone having programmed a new firmware that could load ROMs from an SD card. I think it was rumored that the developers themselves released it on GitHub. Also, the Pocket has a mini SD slot, so I'm pretty sure we'll see the same thing here.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Squee said:

On their website it says "Analogue Pocket does not play rom files, it plays legacy game cartridges via the cartridge slot. 2Analogue Pocket is not designed using software emulation."
But I think it took like 2 days from when their Super NT came out to someone having programmed a new firmware that could load ROMs from an SD card. I think it was rumored that the developers themselves released it on GitHub. Also, the Pocket has a mini SD slot, so I'm pretty sure we'll see the same thing here.

That would make this thing almost a must-buy for me.
I play most of my Gameboy games via emulator on my phone now... 
Which is nice, but a dedicated device with actual buttons would be so much better. 
Shipping and tax might make it a bit too expensive though. 

The Outer Worlds is out on the 25th. And I just found out I can buy/download it from the XBOX store and play on Win 10, rather than to go thru the Epic Games Store bullshit in order to play on PC. This gives me hope.

Still playing No Man's Sky. I activated a portal, but did some other stuff before wanting to go in it. Now I can't find it. So I have to build a bunch of stuff to be able to detect it again.

Also started Ori and the Blind Forest. It's not bad so far.

5 hours ago, onecaseman said:

Still playing No Man's Sky. I activated a portal, but did some other stuff before wanting to go in it. Now I can't find it. So I have to build a bunch of stuff to be able to detect it again.

Also started Ori and the Blind Forest. It's not bad so far.

I'm playing NMS again too lately. Noticed a huge change to the Space Anomaly since the Beyond update. Haven't really gotten into much base building this time around yet. Just trying to follow Artemis's trail atm.

Also been playing the Hell On Earth Starter Pack WAD via Slayer's Rampage mod on classic Doom (GZDoom source port). Slayer's Rampage is so satisfying. And was done by a chick from Brazil apparently, which makes it even better.

Edited by ambergonk
clarity i guess

16 hours ago, ambergonk said:

The Outer Worlds is out on the 25th. And I just found out I can buy/download it from the XBOX store and play on Win 10, rather than to go thru the Epic Games Store bullshit in order to play on PC. This gives me hope.

So, wait...
You can play The Outer Worlds for an entire month for only 1$ (with the discount, 5$ normally) because it's included in the Xbox Game Pass for PC
That's madness, lol. Why would anyone even buy it for 60$ on the Epic game store or wait a year to buy it on Steam? 
Might as well play it now for cheap, and buy it later on with a big discount. 

49 minutes ago, MaartenVC said:

So, wait...
You can play The Outer Worlds for an entire month for only 1$ (with the discount, 5$ normally) because it's included in the Xbox Game Pass for PC
That's madness, lol. Why would anyone even buy it for 60$ on the Epic game store or wait a year to buy it on Steam? 
Might as well play it now for cheap, and buy it later on with a big discount. 

Because people sometimes like to support developers, in much the same way that people sometimes like to support artists, and musicians.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, oscillik said:

Because people sometimes like to support developers, in much the same way that people sometimes like to support artists, and musicians.

I wish I could pay Obsidian directly tbh, especially after their solid work on F:NV. Like I said, I just refuse to deal with Epic.

Banjo got me to download the fighter pack on Smash Bros, so I'm back into that. Terry looks fun too, and hopefully the final pack fighter is a good one (I imagine they saved a doozy for the final pack fighter)

1 minute ago, QQQ said:

Banjo got me to download the fighter pack on Smash Bros, so I'm back into that. Terry looks fun too, and hopefully the final pack fighter is a good one (I imagine they saved a doozy for the final pack fighter)

So you have to pay for more fighters? Seems like a cash grab.

1 hour ago, ambergonk said:

I wish I could pay Obsidian directly tbh, especially after their solid work on F:NV. Like I said, I just refuse to deal with Epic.

Oh I agree — I refuse to deal with Epic Games Store. My comment was more aimed at the conversation of why would someone pay for a game when they can get it inclusive as part of a subscription.

1 hour ago, oscillik said:

Oh I agree — I refuse to deal with Epic Games Store. My comment was more aimed at the conversation of why would someone pay for a game when they can get it inclusive as part of a subscription.

I checked the XBOX store yesterday tho and The Outer Worlds is available there for pre-order at the standard 60 USD for Win 10. So the subscription is optional then I wonder? Maybe I missed something.

3 hours ago, yekker said:

is there a single fighting game that gives away free characters post-launch?

they come with new stages, fighter costumes, new music, etc, as well, which is nice. remember developers release on-disc DLC and shit these days. . . . honestly, and sadly, this is one of the better DLC deals out there.

7 hours ago, ambergonk said:

I checked the XBOX store yesterday tho and The Outer Worlds is available there for pre-order at the standard 60 USD for Win 10. So the subscription is optional then I wonder? Maybe I missed something.

What do you mean by "the subscription is optional"?

Based on the recommendation in this thread, I've played through Hexcells trilogy (sublime and almost genius!). I've also been playing Shovel Knight (has an emergent depth, almost 4/5) and Untitled Goose Game (such a lovely game!).

• Like 2

21 hours ago, yekker said:

All fighting games these days do this - Street Fighter, Tekken, Samurai Shodown, Smash, etc. - they have some sort of "season pass" available that gets you the DLC fighters as they come out, or you can purchase them individually at a higher price.

Considering how many characters Smash Ultimate comes with by default, I would hardly call 5 DLC fighters a "cash grab" on Nintendo's part.

Should I sell my dreamcast? I bought it second hand and I have never had much desire to play it. Got two controllers, memory cards and I've burnt tons of games. Can i get good money or should i hold onto it?

On 10/20/2019 at 9:44 PM, oscillik said:

I just thought it was odd that you could play new games like The Outer Worlds for such a low price point. 
Guess it's a way to get people to subscribe. The monthly subscription will sure become mor pricey in the future. 

I buy most of my games on Steam, and older games on GOG, but in recent months I got myself more and more games on the Epic game store. 
The Epic store/platform/launcher sure can use a lot more improvement. Not fond of the exclusivity-deals either. 
However I do like the choice devs/publishers now have on which store/platform/launcher they wish to release. (usually the one that can persuade them with the best deal). 
Might even have Steam lower their 30% cuts. 
In the end Epic is just another extra store/platform/launcher. (but one that needs some serious improvement and needs to stop the exclusivity-deals)

Edited by MaartenVC

2 hours ago, yekker said:

Should I sell my dreamcast? I bought it second hand and I have never had much desire to play it. Got two controllers, memory cards and I've burnt tons of games. Can i get good money or should i hold onto it?

indiana jones That belongs in a museum GIF

• Haha 2

Been playing the Ghostbusters game remaster, never really played the original on the PS3 but enjoying this one, playing on casual mode so I can just relax have some fun and enjoy the banter between the guys, which is great because they got the original actors to do the voiceovers. Fun, spooky shenanigans fitting for the season.