IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

MGS Ground Zeroes would be so much better if it didn't try so hard to be grim and edgy. Still a pretty enjoyable stealth game though.

I just started playing it, how long is it?

There are some things absent in it that are making it less fun for me compared to previous mgs games... I wanna hear the guys say "huh... what was that noise?" lol. It's not metal gear without it!

And I miss the Alert/caution meter, it made it more tense. Now it's just like I kind of sit in the shadows and the guys go away.

MGS Ground Zeroes would be so much better if it didn't try so hard to be grim and edgy. Still a pretty enjoyable stealth game though.

There are some things absent in it that are making it less fun for me compared to previous mgs games... I wanna hear the guys say "huh... what was that noise?" lol. It's not metal gear without it!

And I miss the Alert/caution meter, it made it more tense. Now it's just like I kind of sit in the shadows and the guys go away.

An hour or so. Depends on your playstyle. You can go guns toking but that feels like cheating.

New level added in Splatoon! This drip-feeding of new stuff is a great way to hold interest. Haven't played it yet tho, hoping to get in a game now.

An hour or so. Depends on your playstyle. You can go guns toking but that feels like cheating.

I thought so. Can't believe they were charging like $40 for it when it came out. Got it for free on ps+ last weekend.

It's still fun though. =)

Guest bitroast

Yeah. Obvious, kinda dirty way to utilise in developtment game to rake in some extra money. Still tho, im enjoying my time time with it.

Guest bitroast

I guess its that lack of shitty cutscenes. As shitty and overdrawn as they are, the cutscenes/story are a pretty integral part of the MGS games.

Finally beat Dragon Age Inquisition, bit crap innit.

By the end of that game I was purposely skipping side quests and just dragging through the main campaign so I could at least see how it ended (which was pretty anti-climatic overall)... The story was so generic I just stopped caring completely about 2/3 of the way through. Also the combat got boring, the tactical mode was pretty useless as the NPCs never did what you wanted them to do. I really regret having paid full price for it.

The Witcher 3 is so many miles ahead of that POS game in terms of gameplay and story it's laughable.

Just bought a bunch of shit in the Steam sale, realising that 90% of my wishlist is made up of games I don't actually feel much interest in playing.

Hotline Miami, Cloudbuilt (some speed runner game? looks nice), Shadowrun Returns and might get some more before the sale is over.

Someone please stop me.

I've been enslaved by video games for the longest time as well. But at least they seem to be the number one thing by which I can relate to the younger generation.

I thought so. Can't believe they were charging like $40 for it when it came out. Got it for free on ps+ last weekend.

It's still fun though. =)

$40?! Goddamn glad I got it free through PSN. It's certainly made me want to buy Phantom Pain when it comes out, which is a win for them. Ho hum.

Ground Zeroes is like if they released MGS2 but the Tanker chapter had to be bought separatedly for 40 bucks

lol yeah back then it was the free demo and I played it over and over

Edited by Perezvon

I beat Bloodborne, tried playing some other games, didn't work, playing Bloodborne again.

Fuck you From Software for making all other games feel like shit.

Ground Zeroes is like if they released MGS2 but the Tanker chapter had to be bought separatedly for 40 bucks

lol yeah back then it was the free demo and I played it over and over

Never actually played the full MGS2, the demo was definitely all I needed from it !

Just a heads up everyone: with E3 starting Monday, I'm going to create a dedicated E3 thread so we can discuss E3 stuff there and not donk up this thread with E3 posts.

Wolfenstein: The New Order

This game is clearly made by a team of people with some kind of attention disturbances, it's all over the place, both the story and gameplay. Sensory overload every 2nd second, it's fucking exhausting to play.

I guess it is intentional, but I really hope it get better, because I'm really not enjoying it so far. I think there's a reason why these ridiculous fast-paced old school shooters are not that popular anymore.

And I have a bit hard time understanding what why got so much praise when it came out, because it also seems very repetitive and linear to me. But I'm not that far into it, so it might be a slightly hasty judgement of it.

I kind of like the alternative history angle and setting though, also the reason I bought it, but the story is just so stupid. But it was probably just as stupid to expect anything else. Luckily it was cheap.

But again, I might be overly-presumptuous right now.

Edited by Npoess

Has anyone downloaded the Humble Nindie Bundle? I haven't seen it mentioned here yet, but seems like a great deal for $9, and they keep adding games for people who already purchased.

http://www.polygon.com/2015/6/2/8716259/nintendo-humble-indie-bundle-adds-more-games

thought about it but most of the games were things i either owned on steam or ps except for the 3ds games (but i don't have a 3ds yet). great value and some great games for anyone who didn't already have them

I just bought a used ps3. I did it because my girlfriend won't shush about Katamari and it's been 9 years since she had access to a playstation. Now I'm wondering what games I should check out. The Last of Us has a ton of good reviews, same with Uncharted (which I was totally unfamiliar with until I saw the box yesterday). I remember liking the Kingdom Hearts games when they came out, but I dunno... is Little Big Planet worth getting? I'll probably pick up Ico/SotC as soon as I find it used... let's see, what else... I'm mostly looking for PS3 exclusives, because I have a pretty sizable PC collection already (Rayman, DA:O, Bioshock(s), Dark Souls, Portal, Fallout 3, Mass Effect, etc... got em already).

Any recommendations?

Edited by luke viia

I just bought a used ps3. I did it because my girlfriend won't shush about Katamari and it's been 9 years since she had access to a playstation. Now I'm wondering what games I should check out. The Last of Us has a ton of good reviews, same with Uncharted (which I was totally unfamiliar with until I saw the box yesterday). I remember liking the Kingdom Hearts games when they came out, but I dunno... is Little Big Planet worth getting? I'll probably pick up Ico/SotC as soon as I find it used... let's see, what else... I'm mostly looking for PS3 exclusives, because I have a pretty sizable PC collection already (Rayman, DA:O, Bioshock(s), Dark Souls, Portal, Fallout 3, Mass Effect, etc... got em already).

Any recommendations?

Uncharted is fantastic. Little Big Planet is great if you have friends to play with. The Last of Us is brilliant.

I'd also recommend the God of War series,. Ni No Kuni is a great RPG, Demons Souls (if you're into that), I enjoyed Heavy Rain, Ratchet and Clank Future: A Crack in Time was awesome too.

Any recommendations?

obviously the ico collection (ico+shadow of the colossus hd). also, if you were ever into the metal gear series, 4 was never released on anything but ps3.

oh and journey is amazing.

edit* and the fuckin' wipeout games if you're into that.

Edited by juiceciuj