IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

Yeah. I played a handful of games and at no point found myself enjoying it. At least it looks like it's doing something kinda different though.

is it? how's it different from other last-man-standing shooters?

have a friend w/no pc that plays fortnite on ps4, and a friend who i regularly play pubg with.

played about 40 minutes of fortnite w/former last nite. best game we made top 4 but never felt any tension/excitement. immediately jumped on pub w/latter friend after he got home and within second of the first drop had a super tense standoff w/another duo (that we won).

this weekend was final round so i played alot of tekken this weekend. there was a pre tournament on thursday where i went 4-2. at final round i went 2-2 (long standing pr at this point). went to watch tekken finals on sunday. pretty hype. usa has closed the gap on korea significantly in the <1 yr since the game came out. lil majin is such a sick king player

I bought Nier: Automata when it was finally on sale last week or so. haven't had time to dig into it yet. still futzing around with The Binding of Isaac.

I'm only a few hours in, but it is really fuckin good so far

I got a chance to play for a few hours more yesterday - I'm in the desert. Things are getting weirder in this game... I like it!

I'm a bit further ahead and it continues to get weirder than that. I don't really understand the weapons options, but I'm still slaying fools.

Got to play quite a bit more... getting weirder (although a bit predictable now in terms of plot). Some beautiful environments.

The weapon options become clearer as you upgrade them - it's typical JRPG stuff.

Yeah I don't ever play JRPG's, so I'm a bit confused. I just use a massive fucking sword and missiles now.

Been working my way through the Frozen Wilds DLC for Horizon Zero Dawn, excellent add-on in an overall great and underrated game. It's been a while since I jumped back to this and I'd forgotten just how much fun the combat is in this game. Might have to do a NG+ run through

The DLC is amazing. I loved the original game and wasn't expecting much new, but the DLC really improved a lot of areas and had a good story as well. It's harder as well.

I'm just reliving my childhood of walking down country lanes on a Sunday afternoon with Sunday Afternoon Simulator 2015 (aka Everybody Has Gone To The Rapture)

Verdict?

I remember being quite interested in that when it was announced, but I clearly forgot all about it. Shall buy if decent.

I’d say ….. it depends! I can definitely see people finding the whole thing a soulless slog, but for me the atmosphere of it that has kept me going for the 8+ hours (still have a chapter or two to go).

It’s *very* English, tonally it feels like if Threads crossed over with The Archers, but as a child of the 80s growing up and wandering around the same quaint village/towns for much of my life it had an instant emotional connection. It’s a huge step up from The Chinese Room’s previous Dear Ester, but definitely similar in tone – So if you played that and it did little for you then you may find this title lacking as well.

Pillars of Eternity , beautiful  deep game but the loading times are killing me, its a  2D Isometric game why da fk does is need to load for  about 10 sec if  i enter a room.  Witcher 3, is  much more complex ,demanding on graphics and cpu and still the transitions are fluent. Anyone programmer here who might have an answer ?

Never played that, but I really liked Everbods' rapturin'. I can also totally understand why people might find it mindnumbingly boring.

I remember Dear Esther. I believe it's been out for six years now. I think I completed the first two chapters, but could never bring myself to continue because it was turning into a snooze fest for me.

I discovered yesterday that I can play classic Doom engine games like Heretic and HeXen on my Android phone, as well as other 90s DOS games. Raptor: Call of the Shadows plays quite well on a mobile platform it turns out, once the controls are set up properly.

As for Fortnite (STW), I didn't realize until yesterday that I'm very close to affording a Mythic hero (Wukong) with Event tokens. That's the highest rarity level in the game.

Picked up the talos principle... and I'm loving it it's a beautiful game... It's like I'm a land surveyor for some life engineer or something ... I will fall short in articulating just what I feel when I play it but for a puzzle game so far so good :)

Picked up the talos principle... and I'm loving it it's a beautiful game... It's like I'm a land surveyor for some life engineer or something ... I will fall short in articulating just what I feel when I play it but for a puzzle game so far so good :)

i got maybe 2/3rds of the way through talos. yeah it was really fun but a lot of the puzzles are really easy at first and then there seemed to be a pretty significant jump. then i just put it aside after getting stuck for a little bit on a couple of different puzzles. usually i come back to things like this after 6mos or a year and end up blazing through the end (looking at you antichamber).

i should finish it tho yo

Guest Ovitus

Dunno anyone else whose a fan of MI. But if you follow Ron Gilbert's blog, he posted a video that's a great analysis of SoMI:

This game was my childhood, much love for it along with others like Loom and Grim Fandango.

Okay, so I got ending A on Nier: Automata and am going to try to keep going. I hear B is a slog, so we'll see if I can stick with it.

Me too - I really don't like having to play through the game again (with some minor variations) from the other character's perspective...

Okay, so I got ending A on Nier: Automata and am going to try to keep going. I hear B is a slog, so we'll see if I can stick with it.

Me too - I really don't like having to play through the game again (with some minor variations) from the other character's perspective...

Agreed. It is going a lot faster though, and there are some new cut scenes. Unfortunately, they give more questions than answers so far.

Reviews for Far Cry 5 look promising. And having actually lived in Montana for 4 years when I was a wee lad, the in-game environments look pretty accurate for how I remember the landscape.

Really tempted to blow that 60 bucks...