IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

Can someone recommend me a light entertaining pc game that will run well/not take up too much drive space on a 2009 Dell Laptop Windows 10, 4GB ram, Core2duo, integrated intel graphics. Something not too serious a commitment but something entertaining/intriguing. The weirder the better.

From earlier today...

https://kotaku.com/25-great-games-you-can-play-on-laptops-and-low-end-pcs-1824288109

Can confirm with Borderlands. My previous laptop was a 2009 HP (Pavilion DV6 I think) and I think the framerate of BL on it was generally in the 20 to 30 range.

On a side note, I just bought the Metro Redux bundle on an 85 percent off Steam sale. Best deal I'll ever get in a long time.

looks like the PC version with DSFix.

Pretty much! Was totally expecting a fully updated lighting engine to make the whole thing look better with not too much effort.

Is there any news on pricing for the DS1 remaster? I'd love to play it through again but if it's going to be $40+ I can wait. I don't have PSPlus right now so I can't go online and rek newbs anywayz
It's $40.

I only played parts of the original on 360 but gave up when I reached the swamp area and the fps lowered into what felt like rhe 10s. So I'll probably get this.

^thanks! I had actually done a quick search but couldn't find any info on the price.

The swamp framerates are bad at times yeah. The videos I saw of the remaster didn't seem to directly address those concerns, but I would guess the known issues of DS1 with framrates and such were a key focus for the remaster team. Anyway, you'll love the game when you get through it. Some of the later areas are weaker, but the whole shebang overall? Amazing. Great experience.

Edited by auxien

Anyone try using Nintendon't on their Wii U? Apparently it's a homebrew module for the Wii U that allows you to run Gamecube games, etc. Of course I can read about it blah blah blah but I'd like to hear first-hand experience in installing and using it.

Trackmania Turbo is one of the free games on PS+ this month, it's got me hooked, the tracks are tricky but it's fun and kinda addicting.

Also looking forward to God of War later this month.

I've been doing the VR time challenge things in Track mania, pretty fun, shame they didn't do the whole game.

Can someone recommend me a light entertaining pc game that will run well/not take up too much drive space on a 2009 Dell Laptop Windows 10, 4GB ram, Core2duo, integrated intel graphics. Something not too serious a commitment but something entertaining/intriguing. The weirder the better.

Any game by Amanita if you like adventure/puzzlers.  Machinarium is my favorite http://store.steampowered.com/bundle/272/Amanita_Bundle/

I've been doing the VR time challenge things in Track mania, pretty fun, shame they didn't do the whole game.

I've never played a Trackmania game before, what do you mean it's not the whole game? Is there more to other versions than just time attacks?

Mad Max is free this month if you're on PlayStation plus. I really enjoyed it, like Alien Isolation it captures the film's world perfectly.

I've never played a Trackmania game before, what do you mean it's not the whole game? Is there more to other versions than just time attacks?
Oh, it's the full game, but there's a little vr mode included that has a bunch of time challenges, I was only refering to that. The rest of the game is full of races/tournaments/challenges and online multiplayer (that you can't play in vr).

Is TrackamaniaVR even worth playing around with considering I have WipeoutVR?

I have both, but still had some quick fun with it. It's more like short challenges than actual racing. If you have ps plus download it. I wouldn't buy it for the VR alone. Edited by Gocab

Sorry if it's already been discussed, but anyone else played Rez Infinite in VR? I finally got round to it...ended up doing the whole thing in one sitting fucking fucking FUCKING amazing. Transcendental. The absolute pinnacle of art and technology...man's greatest achievement...

Rez Infinite was one of the first games I bought and it really was a great feeling experience despite it offering nothing in terms of challenge. It was just a beautiful world to be in and easily worth the price of admission. 

Have you played WipeoutVR yet? 

No, any good? Driving games are the only thing that seems to give me motion sickness...I could only manage about 5 mins of dirt rally vr before I had to lie down for half an hour trying not to puke. I can imagine wipeout being worse.

I only recently bought a psvr, Superhot VR and Rez alone have been worth the price of admission. Mindblowing stuff. Rez especially was a borderline religious experience for me :D

Rez Infinite was one of the first games I bought and it really was a great feeling experience despite it offering nothing in terms of challenge. It was just a beautiful world to be in and easily worth the price of admission.

getting the high scores and all the extras was a bit of a challenge

No, any good? Driving games are the only thing that seems to give me motion sickness...I could only manage about 5 mins of dirt rally vr before I had to lie down for half an hour trying not to puke. I can imagine wipeout being worse.

I only recently bought a psvr, Superhot VR and Rez alone have been worth the price of admission. Mindblowing stuff. Rez especially was a borderline religious experience for me :D

It's outstanding. I feel like if you can handle rez you can do wipeout. Additionally there are a ton of comfort level settings that allow you to customize the experience. By default I doubt you would feel as sick as you did with Dirt. What about RE7? have you played that yet? Also, I think the demo discs are available for free download in the playstation store if you haven't downloaded those yet.

It's outstanding. I feel like if you can handle rez you can do wipeout. Additionally there are a ton of comfort level settings that allow you to customize the experience. By default I doubt you would feel as sick as you did with Dirt. What about RE7? have you played that yet? Also, I think the demo discs are available for free download in the playstation store if you haven't downloaded those yet.

Yeah no sickness at all with Rez. I'll pick up Wipeout, thanks for the recommendation :) I've got the demo discs and re7 but not had the time to check em out yet. Loved the shark dive and east end gangster stuff on VR worlds, both need to be full games.

Really is remarkable tech, my very first impression was that the resolution was a bit pants but the sense of immersion totally mitigates that. Sony are brilliant for bringing this to market this generation

Man, I felt like I went through some shit with RE7 in VR. Also, the east end gangster thing you're talking about is london heist which I haven't played yet but it received heavy praise when the psvr came out. If you liked that you may be happy to hear that the same devs are making a full game called blood & truth which looks fun. I really hope they pack the espionage stuff in there like the trailer suggests in spots.

also, before you buy wipeout omega online its worth looking for a physical copy first as it was cheaper to buy a new physical copy than digital here stateside. Apparently the cunts at gamestop were even selling used physical copies for more than new ones you could grab off amazon. Moss is beautiful but short-lived and a bit pricey atm. Fairpoint is a pretty average shooter that's bundled with a very above average peripheral. If you can find a good deal on the aim bundle I would consider that as well. I can't describe how cool it felt to actually sight down a rifle in VR and pick off alien arachnids in the distance.