IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

5 minutes ago, pcock said:

Nvidia GeForce GTX 670 2 GB

is the minimum. big risk at 50 quid but i would desperately love a new doom game to get good at in isolation

The Steam page says: https://store.steampowered.com/app/782330/DOOM_Eternal/

• Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
  • Processor: Intel Core i5 @ 3.3 GHz or better, or AMD Ryzen 3 @ 3.1 GHz or better
  • Memory: 8 GB RAM
  • Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050Ti (4GB), GTX 1060 (3GB), GTX 1650 (4GB) or AMD Radeon R9 280(3GB), AMD Radeon R9 290 (4GB), RX 470 (4GB)
  • Network: Broadband Internet connection
  • Storage: 50 GB available space
  • Additional Notes: ( 1080p / 60 FPS / Low Quality Settings )
  • Like 1

damn. no go then.

im on the brink of selling some stocks from my house savings just to get a pimped out new gaming pc for 7 weeks stuck in the house ?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, pcock said:

damn. no go then.

im on the brink of selling some stocks from my house savings just to get a pimped out new gaming pc for 7 weeks stuck in the house ?

Couldn't get one on financing with 6 months to pay, something along those lines?

If you work from home (as many of us are required to do now), you might be able to get your employer to go in on it as a "work expense" :dadjoke:

Recently ordered Borderlands 3 for PS4. I grinded the hell out of BL2 with a friend throughout the whole of Summer 2015 so it seemed fitting to do that during this troublesome time.

Just finished Doom Eternal. God damn what a crazy ride that was. Was gonna try Prey (2017) again on the new PC until I found out Rage 2 was on sale for 70% off, so I grabbed it. Will probably give that a go next.

8 hours ago, Entorwellian said:

Yeah I plowed through. Fuck Marauders.

I'm really impressed how fast and efficient the new IdTech engine is. It ran pretty smooth even on my aging laptop.

Even Doom 2016 ran well on my now 7 y/o laptop. Id Software have been pretty savvy lately when it comes not only to innovation, but also optimization. And no one who's fought Marauders will disagree that they're total c**ts. Guess it's part of that whole Dark Souls flavor the Doom franchise is going for these days.

Also managed to get all 6 Empyrean keys after completing the Slayer Gate challenges. The reward is major homage to Doom 64, which came in handy against larger enemies in late-game combat.

2 hours ago, milkface said:

Recently ordered Borderlands 3 for PS4. I grinded the hell out of BL2 with a friend throughout the whole of Summer 2015 so it seemed fitting to do that during this troublesome time.

Did the same on Steam, the night I first set up the new PC. Not sure if I'm ready to play it quite yet though.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, ambergonk said:

Just finished Doom Eternal. God damn what a crazy ride that was. Was gonna try Prey (2017) again on the new PC until I found out Rage 2 was on sale for 70% off, so I grabbed it. Will probably give that a go next.

Even Doom 2016 ran well on my now 7 y/o laptop. Id Software have been pretty savvy lately when it comes not only to innovation, but also optimization. And no one who's fought Marauders will disagree that they're total c**ts. Guess it's part of that whole Dark Souls flavor the Doom franchise is going for these days.

Also managed to get all 6 Empyrean keys after completing the Slayer Gate challenges. The reward is major homage to Doom 64, which came in handy against larger enemies in late-game combat.

Did the same on Steam, the night I first set up the new PC. Not sure if I'm ready to play it quite yet though.

How long did you play/what difficulty did you have it on? So far it's awesome, loving it. And like you pointed out earlier it's amazing to me how well optimized it is, not once have I had a performance issue and the visuals are amazing.

2 campaign DLC before the end of 2020 too I believe.

Seems like animal crossing is sold out around here, don't really want to go out and find it either cause i don't want to get sick. if i work tomorrow then i'll go by the usual stores, if no work or no availability then i'll bite the bullet and buy digital even though i really want the cartridge.

Spoiler

giphy.gif

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Hugh Mughnus said:

How long did you play/what difficulty did you have it on? So far it's awesome, loving it. And like you pointed out earlier it's amazing to me how well optimized it is, not once have I had a performance issue and the visuals are amazing.

2 campaign DLC before the end of 2020 too I believe.

Really...that's welcome news.

I played on Hurt Me Plenty because it was my first time. Still died multiple times though. Doom 2016 is a breeze in comparison. The game only crashed once on me so far, right when I was trying to yeet an Arch-Vile with the Crucible.

EDIT: Shit, completely ignored your first question, sorry. 20 hours, according to Steam.

17 hours ago, luke viia said:

bout to find out if my rig can handle half life: alyx... and if i can handle headcrabs. :wtf:

I tried to order a Valve Index a week or so ago specifically for HL: Alyx. But got a message saying it could take up to 8 weeks, so I cancelled the order. Trying to save funds for necessities for getting thru this quarantine.

Edited by ambergonk

15 minutes ago, ambergonk said:

Really...that's welcome news.

I played on Hurt Me Plenty because it was my first time. Still died multiple times though. Doom 2016 is a breeze in comparison. The game only crashed once on me so far, right when I was trying to yeet an Arch-Vile with the Crucible.

Edited by Hugh Mughnus

That’s my understanding is yeah 2 dlc in the year of release! I’m so enjoying the higher difficulty compared to Doom 2016. Honestly every mechanic imo is subtly tweaked to be better than 2016. I almost exclusively play shooters and I’m almost ready to say this is the best fps I’ve played (single player). Prey (2017) is a close contender though...

Edited by Hugh Mughnus
  • Like 1

I started Rage 2 last night after beating Doom Eternal. I tried running it in May last year only to find out that my laptop wasn't powerful enough. Had to get it refunded at the time, but re-bought it yesterday thanks to the big sale. The new rig runs it no problem. Enjoying it so far, despite the mixed reviews.

Edited by ambergonk

Finished DOOM Eternal earlier today. Fuck me, it's good. I love the nods to old DOOM stuff, especially the design cues from DOOM II that are literally all over the place.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, yekker said:

Seems like animal crossing is sold out around here, don't really want to go out and find it either cause i don't want to get sick. if i work tomorrow then i'll go by the usual stores, if no work or no availability then i'll bite the bullet and buy digital even though i really want the cartridge.

Reveal hidden contents

giphy.gif

Got it. All is well in the world.

2 hours ago, Squee said:

Something seems off about Doom Eternal to me. I'm enjoying it but there's something about it I can't quite put my finger on it.

One of the holograms in the end level made me loooool

10 hours ago, Squee said:

Something seems off about Doom Eternal to me. I'm enjoying it but there's something about it I can't quite put my finger on it.

Could it be new parkour Mario-style game elements? Or maybe the story line that admittedly has at least two plot holes? Or how combined combat + adrenaline factor is basically on constant overdrive? I notice a lot of Doom fans take it personally when someone gives this game even the slightest critique. But even the best ones aren't without at least minor flaws.

8 hours ago, oscillik said:

One of the holograms in the end level made me loooool

"WoUlD sOmEoNe PlEaSe KiLl ThIs IdIoT??"

She thicc tho

1 minute ago, ambergonk said:

I notice a lot of Doom fans take it personally when someone gives this game even the slightest critique

There are plenty of people saying negative things about both the modern DOOM and DOOM Eternal at Doomworld.

Just now, oscillik said:

There are plenty of people saying negative things about both the modern DOOM and DOOM Eternal at Doomworld.

Maybe I've just been looking in the wrong places then, like YT and Reddit.

I think it's safe to say that the honeymoon phase has passed though.

40 hours into Assassins Creed Origins. I sort of like this franchise although it definitely has its shortcomings. This is a pretty fun game. The stealth mechanics work great and my favorite parts are infiltrating enemy bases and taking them out silently. There's also quite a bit of grinding which is a bit meh at times but overall it's ok. Also the setting is great. I love going around ancient Egypt and checking out all the places. Not an instant classic by any means but a well made game in a good franchise.

• Like 1