IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

I played about 2 hours of Half-Life: Alyx last night after getting my new Valve Index all set up. Holy shit.

I'm four months late to the party, but no matter. This VR experience is truly next level.

EDIT: Continuous motion makes me dizzy though. Blink and Shift are better alternatives for people who are more susceptible to motion sickness. Might grab some ginger ale next store run though if I decide to try Continuous motion again. Heard that's supposed to help, along with a fan and open windows for fresh air.

I guess there are already VR treadmills on the market too, like the Kat Walk Mini and Virtuix Omni. But I don't feel like buying any more expensive toys right now.

Edited by timbre monke
  • Like 2

Cadence of Hyrule is getting a physical version later this year with all the DLC on it, highly recommended for Zelda and SNES fans:

https://www.amazon.com/Cadence-Hyrule-Necrodancer-Featuring-Legend-Nintendo/dp/B08DBS9J69/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=cadence+of+hyrule&qid=1595867890&sr=8-1

cadence.jpg

• Like 1

On 6/29/2020 at 2:07 PM, tailings said:

Yep, mostly.  Never much cared for the party building aspect but it seems to go with the genre.

I've played most of those.  Fallout 2 is one of my all time favorite games, (Arcanum is up there as well.).  In a perfect world, Van Buren went on to become the real Fallout 3.

Culling the list, looks like I have these choices for MAC play.  A few are Catalina incompatible :(.  Not a deal breaker but certainly a nuisance.  Divinity will probably kill my system.  Pillars and Disco are standing out as most intriguing.  Thanks for the lists.

what did you end up getting? bought and finished disco elysium this month. really immersive and entertaining, despite the choppy gameplay on my 2015 macbook air. am usually disappointed with games that allegedly have a "great story". sometimes i feel like gamers/critics/developers haven't watched a single decent movie. that wasn't the case this time though. great writing indeed. will definitely play through once i've given my poor computer some well deserved rest

• Like 1

Just now, Enthusiast said:

Played about an hour of Carrion on Switch and it's goooooood

I bought it but haven't played yet, since I'm just getting into HL: Alyx. Looks horrifically awesome though.

Need suggestions for what FPS I should play next.

-I have no interest in online/co-op gaming. Only singleplayer campaigns.

-1st person only. Not a fan of 3rd person games.  

-Exploration/open world is nice. Some story is nice too. I like Far Cry better than DOOM.

I bought a PS4 right before the Corona lockdown, and what I've played so far is Far Cry5/New Dawn (I absolutely love FC), Metro Exodus (ok, but had some flaws), DOOM, COD WW2 (ok, but I've played too many war games).

Thinking about Dishonored 2, and the latest Wolfenstein, but I'm open to suggestions. 

2 hours ago, scumtron said:

-Exploration/open world is nice. Some story is nice too. I like Far Cry better than DOOM.

I bought a PS4 right before the Corona lockdown, and what I've played so far is Far Cry5/New Dawn (I absolutely love FC), Metro Exodus (ok, but had some flaws), DOOM, COD WW2 (ok, but I've played too many war games).

Thinking about Dishonored 2, and the latest Wolfenstein, but I'm open to suggestions. 

Dishonored is more of a stealth game - or well, that depends on how you play it. But it's not action-packed like Far Cry 5. Wolfenstein on the other hand is action from start to end, but it feels a bit clumsy and imprecise if you've played Doom. But it's still great and they've somehow turned BJ Blazkowicz into a great character.

Did you play Doom Eternal?

7 hours ago, scumtron said:

If you haven't already played Prey, I highly recommend. Fucking incredible game.

I mean the most recent Prey, not the one from the early 2000's

Edited by oscillik
  • Like 1

Sekiro is getting a free Boss Rush mode, along with new costumes and some Dark Souls-like messages feature...

Animal Crossing summer update features dreaming (welcome back Luna), fireworks, and tripping (no drugs involved). Also the camera glitch is patched back in as a feature now, LOL.

The Last of Us 2 is fucking LONG... just when you think you've reached the end...

9 hours ago, scumtron said:

Titanfall 2
Dishonored 2/Outsider
Prey

15 hours ago, scumtron said:

A man after my own heart. Like Oscillik said, Prey is worth giving a shot. No Man's Sky can technically be played like a FPS, although combat is greatly eclipsed by the exploration/survival aspect. RAGE 2 story is meh but it's still open-world with solid gameplay. Void Bastards is a rogue-like made by former System Shock 2/Bioshock devs and follows a similar vein, albeit campier with comic-style graphics. Generation Zero is open-world as well but is primarily intended for co-op play, although it can be played solo.

18 hours ago, scumtron said:

I will never stop recommending Dying Light, after Half Life 2 it’s my favourite. I wish I could erase it from my brain so I could experience the joy of playing it for the first time.

@Squee I've played the first Dishonored and (new) Wolfenstein, so I sorta know what to expect. I'm not entirely through Doom, but I guess I'm gonna buy eternal at some point. What I find so great about Far Cry is the opportunity to explore, and to some extent choose when to go into battles. Doom is fun but exhausting.

A lot of good suggestions. I guess Titanfall and Prey looks most interesting. I've been thinking of Dying Light, but like Doom, I'm not sure if it's good for my blood pressure. It's most about running away from zombies? 

Generation Zero really looks like somthing I'd enjoy, but the reviews seems really poor. 

3 hours ago, scumtron said:

@Squee I've played the first Dishonored and (new) Wolfenstein, so I sorta know what to expect. I'm not entirely through Doom, but I guess I'm gonna buy eternal at some point. What I find so great about Far Cry is the opportunity to explore, and to some extent choose when to go into battles. Doom is fun but exhausting.

A lot of good suggestions. I guess Titanfall and Prey looks most interesting. I've been thinking of Dying Light, but like Doom, I'm not sure if it's good for my blood pressure. It's most about running away from zombies? 

Generation Zero really looks like somthing I'd enjoy, but the reviews seems really poor. 

It certainly has its moments but as long as you don’t get stuck out at night it’s not too intense. Certainly not like Doom. You spend a lot of time doing cool parkour and enjoying the sights. 

• Like 1

Started playing Subnautica last night. Pretty good so far. It's VR-compatible too, though I'm not sure I'm quite ready.

As for HL: Alyx, I finally had the misfortune of meeting Jeff. Thankfully I only got killed once before getting my revenge at the end of the chapter.

Fans of the Metroidvania game Blasphemous have a free DLC and update to look forward to that adds New Game +, quality of life improvements, and more tomorrow, 4 August:

• Like 2

Paper Beast came out for PCVR this week and I got my chance to play through it today. Loved it. Beautiful and strange. Might not be for everybody, but if you're like me and love VR for the way it can transport you to fantastic places more than the zombie/military pew pew stuff, you'll have a good time.