IGNORED

XI year old Autechre Album Released: Exai (WARP234)

Guest pixelives

revisiting exai now and it's pretty great but jesus fucking christ runrepik is probably the worst piece of shit ever, i actually can't think of a worse track in all of ae discography.

revisiting exai now and it's pretty great but jesus fucking christ runrepik is probably the worst piece of shit ever, i actually can't think of a worse track in all of ae discography.

Yea even after all this time, runrepik has not grown on me.

But I wouldn't say it's the worst thing they've done. But certainly exai's low point (IMO)

Huh, I thought runrepik was pretty great, actually. Like post-footwork or something, lol.

And hey! Hub is one of my favourite ae tracks!

dude wtf no

one time in my 20s my friend's dad was dating this girl who was like our age, an aspiring concert violinist, and we were on his fancy sailboat getting lushly wasted and she was saying how electronic music isn't "real" music. my friend was arguing with her about this but I could sense he was holding back for his dad's sake so it was really awkward and after a while we all sat in silence. the next day at breakfast there was some classical music playing and my friend's dad began discussing the music with his girlfriend. and my friend goes "I don't hear anything." his dad’s girlfriend found this hard to believe and was like "how do you not hear this?" and he looks at me and asks if i can hear it. I said yes of course. then he asks me to describe it for him and I instantly knew what he was up to so I said, "well, there are some violins going..." and he goes "ah, I see the problem. violin music is not real music." fucking pwn. anyway, I have no idea how it's spelled but her name was pronounced "ne-dezh" so imo this story perfectly captures the spirit of nodezsh.

one time in my 20s my friend's dad was dating this girl who was like our age, an aspiring concert violinist, and we were on his fancy sailboat getting lushly wasted and she was saying how electronic music isn't "real" music. my friend was arguing with her about this but I could sense he was holding back for his dad's sake so it was really awkward and after a while we all sat in silence. the next day at breakfast there was some classical music playing and my friend's dad began discussing the music with his girlfriend. and my friend goes "I don't hear anything." his dad’s girlfriend found this hard to believe and was like "how do you not hear this?" and he looks at me and asks if i can hear it. I said yes of course. then he asks me to describe it for him and I instantly knew what he was up to so I said, "well, there are some violins going..." and he goes "ah, I see the problem. violin music is not real music." fucking pwn. anyway, I have no idea how it's spelled but her name was pronounced "ne-dezh" so imo this story perfectly captures the spirit of nodezsh.

lol I don't know how you do it man. 10/10

lol

I know this girl named ne-dezh and you write it like this: Nadège.

Edited by th555

I know this girl named ne-dezh and you write it like this: Nadège.

it's a french name and you pronoune it nadège, not ne-desh lol

Guest transmisiones ferox

Spining Exai on the vinyl and drinking my vodka, while watching Chernobyl Diaries on tv... vekoS toplel track

really enjoying the of prac-f/jatavee C/T ess xi section. The most old ae style esque sounding of the album I think. Also tuinorizn, bladelores and recks on are getting alot of playtime.

Finally getting back into this album (as is usually the case with new Ae—I'll listen non-stop for a week or two and then leave it alone for a year). Mostly to test a couple of new pairs of headphones (AIAIAI TMA-1x that I bought two weeks ago, and Audio Technica CKS90 that I literally found on the side of the road yesterday, wtf). Sounding fucking wicked on both, though the amount of bass works much better with the CKS90.

FLeure is starting to unlock itself a bit more; still not what I'd consider to be an amazing Ae track but I'm enjoying it a bit more these days!

Edited by modey

initially i liked the second part more but now i'm crazy for the first half. c_r_a_z_y

i wish it was made twice as long

• 3 weeks later...

lol I don't know how you do it man. 10/10