Composer James Horner killed in plane crash, he scored over 100 films including Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan, Aliens, Titanic, Avatar, Apollo 13, etc.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3135483/Oscar-winning-Titanic-composer-James-Horner-presumed-dead-California-plane-crash.html

Composer James Horner killed in plane crash, he scored over 100 films including Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan, Aliens, Titanic, Avatar, Apollo 13, etc.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3135483/Oscar-winning-Titanic-composer-James-Horner-presumed-dead-California-plane-crash.html

Dang!

Not the biggest fan of his soundtracks, but that's a shame.

new mad max - yeah, it's pretty awesome and pretty out there, but it's confined to this predictable plotting/story structure (a brave protagonist that helps the weak on some quest for freedom and is haunted by some demons of the past and bla bla bla) that everyone experienced hundreds of times already. it's like there's some template that you have to abide to otherwise you're not allowed to make a movie. it's got so much ridiculous insanity going when it comes to action but it's just so conservative story wise...bummer.

3 silver spray cans and 2 bulging tumors for that one.

new mad max - yeah, it's pretty awesome and pretty out there, but it's confined to this predictable plotting/story structure (a brave protagonist that helps the weak on some quest for freedom and is haunted by some demons of the past and bla bla bla) that everyone experienced hundreds of times already. it's like there's some template that you have to abide to otherwise you're not allowed to make a movie. it's got so much ridiculous insanity going when it comes to action but it's just so conservative story wise...bummer.

3 silver spray cans and 2 bulging tumors for that one.

I haven't seen it yet, but yeah, that's a common thing. Every time i had to deal with a script idea (not really my aspiration), producers with good taste and erudition slapped me on the arm on this subject specifically. Conflict being not clear enough, rules of storytelling abandoned etc. It's like if you are letting nothingness to flow in the script in terms of events, it's bound to be uninteresting. I believe it became a professional habit to conform to these structures as some type of multiplication table, hiding behind indisputable authority like Aristotle or Shakespeare.

Insidious Chapter 3 only works if you are in the insidious mindset and prepared to go into the further. Whenever Insidious Part 1 is on tv i watch it, and like it more, what used to be a guilty pleasure grows on me each time, it's my fave modern horror, i like the idea of astral projection and taking something unknown back into the human realm. Chapter 2 showed us the origin of Parker Crane (The Black Bride). At the end of Chapter 2 Lin Shaye was shrieking in horror after seeing something terrifying and we expected it to be that Darth Maul looking demon from 1.

Chapter 3 is a prequel, getting to the origin of the demon. Not a film for some bozo to walk into.Yeah, there's some jump scares. Lin Shaye is brilliant and Leigh Whannell is no fool, he knows how to spin a yarn.

Nope. I watched Jurassic Park 3 for good measure and it was totally stupid but somehow better than Jurassic Park 3 and Fury Road put together.

Insidious Chapter 3 only works if you are in the insidious mindset and prepared to go into the further. Whenever Insidious Part 1 is on tv i watch it, and like it more, what used to be a guilty pleasure grows on me each time, it's my fave modern horror, i like the idea of astral projection and taking something unknown back into the human realm. Chapter 2 showed us the origin of Parker Crane (The Black Bride). At the end of Chapter 2 Lin Shaye was shrieking in horror after seeing something terrifying and we expected it to be that Darth Maul looking demon from 1.

Chapter 3 is a prequel, getting to the origin of the demon. Not a film for some bozo to walk into.Yeah, there's some jump scares. Lin Shaye is brilliant and Leigh Whannell is no fool, he knows how to spin a yarn.

my brother and a mate of mine and i put the first film on last year. I found viewing it such a tense experience that i had to leave the room and let them watch it in peace, lol, such a pussy. I must finish watching it some day though, seemed to have implied horror down pat in a nicely shot package.

I like how Peter Barker's weak spot in Chapter 3 is getting thrown around by Lin Shaye.

Nope. I watched Jurassic Park 3 for good measure and it was totally stupid but somehow better than Jurassic Park 3 and Fury Road put together.

woah this sentence is .... cool :)

c759pZk.jpg

can you prosecute someone for their thoughts? here is a cop who wants to kidnap a total of 100 women, torture them, kill them, cook them and eat them. he details everything with 2 accomplices (not cops)- they even swear they would do it, but they don't actually do it. are they guilty? their defense: we got fantasies. problem? they were pretty meticulous and detailed in said fantasies.

that's the conundrum this documentary is dealing with

Watched Bladerunner for the second time last night, and I have to say, I'm not that impressed. Can someone explain why they like this movie? I just felt like the pacing was dragging and the characters flat. I'm interested in the themes but I felt like an average film like Ex Machina explored them more thoroughly than this. Of course set design was spectacular but I don't feel like the story deserved to exist in a world so beautifully crafted.

Not trying to troll, just looking for honest positive interpretation on this film.

I think the production design becomes much more important when you look at it in the context of when the movie was released. When did you first watch it? The story is fairly simple, it's not a very good adaptation of the book, the acting is solid, the themes are interesting enough but nothing earth shattering, so viewed for those aspects alone it would be a fairly average movie. Its still one of my favourite films though, it's just a very fully realised world, the attention to detail is outstanding. The music of course is amazing as well.

which version did you see?

overall BR's pacing is spot on, for the early 80's its creative scope is incredible & it does mind-blowing justice to PKD's raft of dystopian ideas

in summary, watch it again until you're subconsciously mouthing "like tears in rain" to all & sundry

c759pZk.jpg

can you prosecute someone for their thoughts? here is a cop who wants to kidnap a total of 100 women, torture them, kill them, cook them and eat them. he details everything with 2 accomplices (not cops)- they even swear they would do it, but they don't actually do it. are they guilty? their defense: we got fantasies. problem? they were pretty meticulous and detailed in said fantasies.

interesting description and also odd that it sounds very very similar to Cannibal Cop a documentary that came out not too long ago, also HBO?

c759pZk.jpg

interesting description and also odd that it sounds very very similar to Cannibal Cop a documentary that came out not too long ago, also HBO?

maybe we're talking about the same documentary? the full title is thought crimes: the case of the cannibal cop