Oh god no. Synecdoche New York is brilliant and ridiculously depressing whereas Mother! is just an insanely noisy turd. And the wholonly biblical analogy thing must have been thought up by a 15-year-old.

Oh god no. Synecdoche New York is brilliant and ridiculously depressing whereas Mother! is just an insanely noisy turd. And the wholonly biblical analogy thing must have been thought up by a 15-year-old.

agreed v different filems, but in terms of that compressed & warped sense of scale, rather than theme, mood or story

they both seem to constrict & disorientate through that device, the theater set & city compared to the isolated house & unraveling intensity of the wtf ruckus as it spirals inward

keep in mind i watched Synedoche on xanax & some unknown Merkin opiate, so things were slightly skewiff to begin with

Edited by cwmbrancity

Anyone who's up for a trip, watch Angst (1983) 

One of the Craziest horror films I've ever seen. 

Amazing cinematography, so many original ideas in this film.

Remember reading somewhere that it was a big inspiration for Gaspar Noe. Even if you're not into Gaspar, I recommend you still watch it. 

Really great eerie music too

andredoc.jpg

excellent documentary about the 8th wonder of the world and possibly- one of the most famous wrestlers ever. pretty emotional but also very sad.

highly recommended 

Anyone who's up for a trip, watch Angst (1983) 

One of the Craziest horror films I've ever seen. 

Amazing cinematography, so many original ideas in this film.

Remember reading somewhere that it was a big inspiration for Gaspar Noe. Even if you're not into Gaspar, I recommend you still watch it. 

Really great eerie music too

Angst, Man Bites Dog & Henry are the three best serial killer genre films ever made. I think.

Cruel Intentions. Buffy and Justin Timberlake star in a feature length episode of gossip girl with incest, grooming and coerced sex with a mentally retarded schoolgirl. Some mild peril.

Favourite line "Ronald, e-mail is for geeks and pedophiles"

A Room For Romeo Brass - not quite Dead Man's Shoes, but aged really well. Paddy C does confrontations like few others, just add Nottingham accents plus an oddball who latches onto a pair of mates....

So, I thought Jurassic World scraped the bottom of the barrel... but apparently they've scraped their way through the bottom of the barrel and are now digging their own grave.

o______O

kHVzB3v.png

a few chuckles here and there but really it's (again) an okay skit extended to what felt like 2 hours.

basically rene (schumer) is an overweight forgotten girl who works in some dumpster of an office  for a company full of super hot chicks. working in the main office is her dream come true. so she goes to the gym and on her first day knocks her head and suddenly she thinks she's "beautiful" (thin) and suddenly she's extremely confident. 

this rips off both BIG and shallow hal. there's also a guy that looks frighteningly similar to dave chappelle and plays a roll with two other dudes that harkened to the film half baked

i don't know about this one. i think schumer is on damage control but the damage might be irreparable at this point. 

stx, the company that put out 'i feel pretty' is on panic mode after the films backlash including the embargo that's been put on it for journalist types (never a good sign for a film's bo). anyway, the studio has been sending these focus study questionnaires asking for detailed reasons you thought it was funny (or not) and permission to use quotes in the promo of the film. lol

^ I just watched this. I liked it. I thought it was deceiving me with the carefree optimism throughout its main course and was expecting to be hit with real feels by the end, and it did go there but not in the way I expected. I did think the bit right at the end when

they run away to Disney World

jarred tonally and direction-wise with everything that came before it in a really odd way but I put that down to an attempt at Disney-esque make-believe in the face of reality. good fillum. also, I wish Willem Dafoe was my dad.