IGNORED

Machinedrum - Vapor City

cear

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I couldn't understand all the negativity about this album. There are some wonderfully evocative tracks on here. 'Infinite Us' is a track I've listened to hundreds of times now. I think I had it looping for about six hours at one point earlier in the year.

Also love the last track on the previous album 'Rooms' - 'Where Did We Go Wrong?'

Regards

I couldn't understand all the negativity about this album. There are some wonderfully evocative tracks on here. 'Infinite Us' is a track I've listened to hundreds of times now. I think I had it looping for about six hours at one point earlier in the year.

Also love the last track on the previous album 'Rooms' - 'Where Did We Go Wrong?'

Regards

I was a bit underwhelmed when I first heard it, but I've ended up playing it loads since it came out and still not bored of it at all.

It's a really solid album I reckon, there's a lot more depth to it than I first thought.

• 3 years later...

The good songs (most of them) still sound good or even better with time but the meh songs (U Still Lie, Baby It's U, there's another I can't remember) have become unlistenable. Still some good B-Sides to round it all out though.

pretty well but i'm guessing you don't

it's aged a lot better than most of the real footwork and juke stuff from that time period tbh

no it was an honest question because i think it has aged quite nicely. lots of good tracks on here. Not sure that the "real footwork" has aged badly.. DJ nate stuff is so hilarious it doesn't even feel from any time period.

We can kill, fuck or marry Room(s), Vapor City and Human Energy now

obviously fuck human energy (hot hipster LA chick), marry vapor city (cool, chill girl but still has good taste), kill room(s) - annoying try-hard; dresses "street" and speaks in AAVE but is white etc

obviously fuck human energy (hot hipster LA chick), marry vapor city (cool, chill girl but still has good taste), kill room(s) - annoying try-hard; dresses "street" and speaks in AAVE but is white etc

lol this is incredibly accurate.

Vapor City was my introduction to Machinedrum. I still like it very much.

Human Energy has actually grown on me substantially considering I could barely stomach it when it came out. I guess it depends on how comfortable you are with bubbly happy sunshine pop music which I'm not but it's catchy so what the hell.

Human Energy has actually grown on me substantially considering I could barely stomach it when it came out. I guess it depends on how comfortable you are with bubbly happy sunshine pop music which I'm not but it's catchy so what the hell.

same

pretty well but i'm guessing you don't

it's aged a lot better than most of the real footwork and juke stuff from that time period tbh

no it was an honest question because i think it has aged quite nicely. lots of good tracks on here. Not sure that the "real footwork" has aged badly.. DJ nate stuff is so hilarious it doesn't even feel from any time period.

i thought you preferred room(s)? 

anyway i think vapor city is a bit better but i've always thought that. where i changed is now i think it's better than the dj rashad record from that period and the rp boo stuff. dj nate is like something else entirely. 

Archived