• 1 month later...
22 minutes ago, Valleyfold said:

I know it’s been said a thousand times, but I still can’t get over the return. Years later and it still pops into my head almost daily and haunts me at random times. And I know I’m not the only one. Truly the defining cinematic work of the last decade. 

Yes.

Had a weird flashback the other day of the couple making out on the sofa then BANG scratched to death by visceral banshee creature.

So many amazing scenes in this series.

My mother loved breaking bad. I find her shows to watch. I was thinking of suggesting this series. Without her watching the first season. Just explain what happened a bit. I had her watch hereditary. Which I thought was scary and she thought was stupid. lol.  She likes a good series, though. She loved breaking bad. On the fence here

Better call saul? 

And if you're thinking about showing her 2nd season of tp that does make sense at all, most fans don't like one third of the 2nd season... Show her 1st season instead... 

Edited by Tim_J

33 minutes ago, marf said:

My mother loved breaking bad. I find her shows to watch. I was thinking of suggesting this series. Without her watching the first season. Just explain what happened a bit. I had her watch hereditary. Which I thought was scary and she thought was stupid. lol.  She likes a good series, though. She loved breaking bad. On the fence here

Sorry, but I really don't understand why would you skip the entire season, and the first one on top of that -it's the real deal... I'd recommend 1st season, then 2nd, then FWWM, then 3rd season.

Cause she's impatient. And the others seasons aren't all Lynch. I don't think she'd like it actually. Maybe some episodes

She loved Blue velvet

Edited by marf

Yeah... I don't know if you can watch S3 without the earlier seasons though? I mean, whether or not you agree with that Twin Perfect fella, I did think there is some commentary on expectations carried through to S3 from watchers of the earlier seasons. Also, I mean, stuff like the waiting for Coop and Ed and Norma payoff.... you kinda miss context for all sortsa stuff.

Anyway of course I'm biased. Guess I'd say if you HAD to skip something I agree it shouldn't be the first season and if you did want to launch her into TP S3 at the very least FWWM is mandatory viewing. 

My 2 cents

18 hours ago, marf said:

Start with the pilot and then follow season 1 as long as she likes. If she's really into it, do season 2. If she loses interest, tell her the movie is awesome and way better than season 2. I'd only start with 3 if she could stomach everything that went before. 

I watched Season 3 without watching anything else beforehand. To be fair, I knew a bit, but only from reading the synopsis from the Wikipedia page. I still loved it very much.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1