IGNORED

New Autechre EP - L Event

kiya

This release is so great! Especially the first two tracks. But I am worried 'L-Event' means 'Last Event' and that there will be no more Autechres.. :-(

didn't they say in an interview only a few years ago that they see themselves writing music for quite a while until they find the process to be boring (the fun bits in Exai indicate to me that they're not done yet).

I finally listened to this tonight. It's ae. I really dig it. It has to be listened loud on a good system. I can see headphones being immersive though.

I wish there were 5.1 mixes of Exai and L-event. It would open up the compositional aspect of all these tracks to an exceptional level. I hear the abrasiveness of the rhythms in the fronts with the sample and hold/pad-like elements twirling in the rears with some creative fast hard pans. Stems would be so fun.

you both are so screwed in the head

Composition and production wise, I'm a fan. Just one of those Autechre releases where the actual timbre of the songs gives me a horrible headache. Something about that unfiltered high frequency noise that goes right through my skull. It's the same on all of my least favorite tracks like Djarum, Second Bad Vilbel, Blifil, Cap.IV, V-proc, Reniform Puls, Ipacial Section, and Fermium. Pretty much the only tracks I dislike in their whole discography and this whole EP reminds me of them. However much I like the composition, it's literally painful to my ears to listen to stuff like this. Too bad as it sounds quite interesting from a composition standpoint, but a whole release of this is just not my cup of tea.

This release is so great! Especially the first two tracks. But I am worried 'L-Event' means 'Last Event' and that there will be no more Autechres.. :-(

:facepalm:

Rob says it's actually meant to be Lianne-Event and you're supposed to hate it for exactly 7 months before having a complete change of heart. Looks like an abject failure in that respect, since almost everyone likes it. Better luck next time, The Chre.

Edited by baph

Rob says it's actually meant to be Lianne-Event and you're supposed to hate it for exactly 7 months before having a complete change of heart. Looks like an abject failure in that respect, since almost everyone likes it. Better luck next time, The Chre.

Lol-Event

Lol-Event

rorulu-eventu

gameshow.gif

Anyone feel like this is more of a headphone record than Exai? It opened up for me with them, on cheap speakers it's not worth it, sounds like a muddle.

oh yes

YES , they where some sounds i didnt even "hear" on my speakers, and there are a lot of subtile fx going on

Composition and production wise, I'm a fan. Just one of those Autechre releases where the actual timbre of the songs gives me a horrible headache. Something about that unfiltered high frequency noise that goes right through my skull. It's the same on all of my least favorite tracks like Djarum, Second Bad Vilbel, Blifil, Cap.IV, V-proc, Reniform Puls, Ipacial Section, and Fermium. Pretty much the only tracks I dislike in their whole discography and this whole EP reminds me of them. However much I like the composition, it's literally painful to my ears to listen to stuff like this. Too bad as it sounds quite interesting from a composition standpoint, but a whole release of this is just not my cup of tea.

these are on of my favourites weird My girlf also dislikes these high frequencies

these are on of my favourites weird My girlf also dislikes these high frequencies

i guess you dont like squarepusher 40.96a that much ? :duckhunt:

If Ivan Oozes cats could talk, the red one would probably agree with you. The other one would look at you uninterested after finally saying she digs the last Miley cyrus.

Guest Rulohead32

If Ivan Oozes cats could talk, the red one would probably agree with you. The other one would look at you uninterested after finally saying she digs the last Miley cyrus.

Twerking Cat

Hats in olsa sound just like ones in V take fastroll off gescom skull snap

I noticed this too, not the same, but very close. Fastroll was extra funky piece though, Osla's more like exercise in odd rhythm

The stream doesn't work for me now.

It was promotional, not permanent

But the proxy still works, although now it always redirects me to http://thawing-lowlands-1988.herokuapp.com/proxy?lnk=http://abcnews.go.com or similar things.

I had no redirections, only warp page distorted by the script. Now i see no soundcloud links in the code there.