IGNORED

The Caustic Window LP (CAT023) Kickstarter FAQ - LIVE NOW!

Joyrex

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha and of course, Youtube will never have any problem with American authorities, while Kim Dotcom is still waiting for a fair trial, two years after his home was raided as a military operation and all his personal assets were frozen. We live in a strange world.

Guest jasondonervan

lol from a belgium news site:

"Kickstarter project delivers free new aphex twin album"

http://www.hln.be/hln/nl/9092/Muzieknieuws/article/detail/1920442/2014/06/17/Kickstarter-project-levert-gratis-nieuw-Aphex-Twin-album-op.dhtml

apparently in belgium when you put an album on youtube it's a free album

Belgium knows what's up*

*Naughty Belgians

http://www.hln.be/hln/nl/9092/Muzieknieuws/article/detail/1920442/2014/06/17/Kickstarter-project-levert-gratis-nieuw-Aphex-Twin-album-op.dhtml

Belgium knows what's up*

*Naughty Belgians

*eats chocolate and waffles*

Guest Little Lord Faulteroy

Belgium knows what's up*

*Naughty Belgians

*reads Tintin*

Guest jasondonervan

Belgium knows what's up*

*Naughty Belgians

*reads Tintin*

break.jpg

Belgium knows what's up*

*Naughty Belgians

*reads Tintin*

break.jpg

*Drinks Tripel Karmeliet*

101 rainbows doesn't even really sound like afx imo. It's fucking awesome though.

I'd ejaculate so much if Rephlex decided to actually release a vinyl copy of this album.

Not at all! 101 rainbows sounds like it's from the 70s or 80s or something !!
Yeah! Like Tangerine Dream or something

Yep.

Have to say, I'm digging this album big style - great choons.

It's really good. It has some of the best Caustic/Polygon Window-like tracks I've heard. That might be because this is still fresh, but right now, 'flutey', 'fingertrips', 'revpok', 'airflow', and 'squidge in the fridge' are top shelf.

I'm being tag OCD here and I know RDJ personally tagged it but I wish the ID tags for the files didn't have the album name and catalog number in the track title.

For instance "mumbly b1-caustic window LP [cat 023]" should just be "mumbly" IMO.

I'm being tag OCD here and I know RDJ personally tagged it but I wish the ID tags for the files didn't have the album name and catalog number in the track title.

For instance "mumbly b1-caustic window LP [cat 023]" should just be "mumbly" IMO.

Can you not edit it on whatever player your using mate? That's what I did anyway :)

Can you not edit it on whatever player your using mate? That's what I did anyway :)

Yeah, I can edit the tags, but I feel like they'll be impure if I change them from what the artist put.

I'M SO CONFLICTED

Edited by Avarik

Guest escmode

I admit it, the very public sharing and promotion pisses me off... all those who pledged did so under a gentleman's agreement of not uploading it. So in essence, as a group all tarnished with the same brush, we can't be trusted;-) Who knows, one of the 'surprises' might have been the metz track - the fast sharing of this could potentially jeopardize something like that or any other future exclusives in a similar vein.

Sheez, I sound like a real whinging b'stard.... but were replex and rdj expecting the mass media to also publish links to the free streams? seems very off to me.

This was always going to leak. And no we are not all tarred with the same brush. The vast majority of us did the right thing and helped support a struggling artist :emotawesomepm9:

ps. I'm editing the shit out of the track names. My OCD forces me to capitalize the first letter.

Edited by Ifeelspace

I can't believe he suggested that the metz track could have potentially been withheld because someone uploaded it and tarred everyone with the same brush. In his rage his imagination completely ran away with him

I can edit the tags, but I feel like they'll be impure if I change them from what the artist put

Oh god.

Edited by Schlitze

Guest Lanner

Thanks to all concerned. Listening to this makes me feel pretty nostalgic.

Definitely worth the wait.

Yeah, I can edit the tags, but I feel like they'll be impure if I change them from what the artist put.

I'M SO CONFLICTED

Create two versions- one with the original titles, one with the actual titles. Place in two separate folders. Done! Unless of course, your OCD prevents you from this, by constantly nagging at you "well, then, which one's the reeeaal version, huh??" (:

Edited by Lane Visitor

Guest Gravity

Thanks to the 'rex, to the 'phlex... really enjoying it. So nice to hear more tracks from this era.