IGNORED

Richard D James SoundCloud - A Gift To The Fans

Guest crowndicey

yeah maybe he'll start a bandcamp or something, i don't think its over but you never know with this guy

sucks we didn't get 2 download the new tracks, i'm not gonna listen to those 126kps tracks :sad:

god i miss his soundcloud already :cry:

Most 128kbps mp3s are indistinguishable from 320kbps, if you run into one with noticeable artifacts you can always skip it

iTunes used to sell their tracks at this bitrate not long ago, and encoding these days is even better

But I know what you mean, mentally it doesn't feel as good, just trying to comfort the casualties

128 and 320 is a BIG difference...

True it can be but not in every case, for the majority of tracks it would be very difficult to tell under normal circumstances

Even though the number is almost 3 times bigger the quality is not 3 times better, but certain artifacts would go away, with 320 you just don't have to really worry anymore

I'm still swear by flac whenever possible and I'm equally if not more disappointed in the bitrate but like I said, just trying to put a positive spin :)

Maybe I'm just trying to comfort myself at this point as it all comes crashing down

btw anyone noticed this description on his official sc?

"another mix,

In answer to the questions I keep getting asked.
ccai pt2 , part 1 is Drukqs, as that was the first thing I released that utilised computer controlled instruments, namely a modified Yamaha disklavier, 2nd gen and a couple of midi controlled solenoid based drum mechanisms I made just after I got the Disklavier.

I kept seeing them [disklaviers] in hotels, usually used to pipe muzak around the place and thought why doesn't anyone actually use one of these to compose music on and make beats etc!
A couple of times when i saw them in hotel lobbies, i sneaked up to the disklavier and set it to play ultra low pitch and very slow, funny watching peoples reactions, it was down every corridor etc
NOBODY i spoke to back in around 1999 inc. people at yamaha knew how to connect one of these to a computer and I had to take my computer into Yamaha to try it out to see how fast these things could go, no info on the net then either.
The first year I burned out countless solenoids in the thing and learnt how to repair them myself, the more recent gen ones like I used at the barbican have temperature cut outs on them thankfully, i’ve still fried a few though!"

guys you have so little faith

I'm fluctuating between "Need more trax :catnope: " and "He gave us more than we could ever ask for. It probably is over."

Guest sf101

SoundCloud just put up a message saying they're sorting out problems with deletions. More to do with tracks rather than accounts, I think.

Edited by sf101

Did anyone catch the notice on sound cloud right now that says...

"We are experiencing some intermittent issues with uploading and deletions. More info on our Status Blog"

Guest Atom Dowry Firth

guys you have so little faith

I'm fluctuating between "Need more trax :catnope: " and "He gave us more than we could ever ask for. It probably is over."

+1

SoundCloud just put up a message saying they're sorting out problems with deletions. More to do with tracks rather than accounts, I think.

"Immediately Richard reached out his hand and caught him. "You of little faith," he said, "why did you doubt?"" - Selected Testament Works II

"We are experiencing some intermittent issues with uploading and deletions. More info on our Status Blog"

:emotawesomepm9:

While we wait for the inevitable restoration, what are your favorite from the last batch? It was a great batch, super consistent, but probably mine has got to be Triple D

:emotawesomepm9:

While we wait for the inevitable restoration, what are your favorite from the last batch? It was a great batch, super consistent, but probably mine has got to be Triple D

the shroomtrauma track

but that soundcloud notice is talking about people having trouble uploading and deleting tracks. it doesn't say anything about entire accounts vanishing.

Guest sf101

It'd be great if he came back in some form. Although if he puts out anything like that 'natalie,jane' atrocity again, I will drop him with a deer rifle.

It'd be great if he came back in some form. Although if he puts out anything like that 'natalie,jane' atrocity again, I will drop him with a deer rifle.

listen here u lil shit

can anyone sort a brother out with mp3s of spliff & imperial ring? safe

fyi, if its helpful more then happy to host EVERYTHING on my dropbox and put a link in my sig xxx