IGNORED

Richard D James SoundCloud - A Gift To The Fans

Guest crowndicey

just realised we got around 230 previously unreleased aphex tracks available for free this year. that's pretty amazing. didn't expect that when i was in bed with fever back in the mid 90s and discovered afx via some program on radio. thank you rdj, you're the boss.

Okay this one's real from the soundcloud header comment:

***Shout out to someone at Yamaha***

Can you please help me to reprogram the O.S in my DX1 please?

You'd think he'd be able to just pick up a phone and be all "Hi, its Richard and.... "

andi you lied to us :ohmy:

how could you :unsure:

:duckhunt: :duckhunt: :duckhunt: :duckhunt: :duckhunt: :duckhunt:

:cool:

General MIDIMan says at 3:37:

Do you have any unreleased tracks, which have you done with Philip Glass in 1995? By the way, two years ago he shared his memories about you and about your collaboration =) Have you see it? On 24:00 youtu.be/qlvampaoeE4?t=23m56s

Posted 59 minutes ago user18081971 says at 3:37:
@usemythirdarm: fuk yeah good point, there was a version i preferred to the warp one but they didnt want to release it so ill chuck it up

8 Utopia is now called 8 Utopia [brain floss mix]

original comment was "like early aphex but I'd never heard of him when I wrote all these tracks im going to be uploading"

but now reads just "mid 90s"

22 Pearls:

has got some pearl syncussion
bought for about 50 quid in notting hill video exchange.
ALso featuring rsf sd140***

General MIDIMan says at 3:37:

Do you have any unreleased tracks, which have you done with Philip Glass in 1995? By the way, two years ago he shared his memories about you and about your collaboration =) Have you see it? On 24:00 youtu.be/qlvampaoeE4?t=23m56s

Posted 59 minutes ago user18081971 says at 3:37:

@usemythirdarm: fuk yeah good point, there was a version i preferred to the warp one but they didnt want to release it so ill chuck it up

yes! moar!

he's got a lot of uploading to do real soon. kinda like a job. silly rdj. :)

8 Utopia is now called 8 Utopia [brain floss mix]

original comment was "like early aphex but I'd never heard of him when I wrote all these tracks im going to be uploading"

but now reads just "mid 90s"

22 Pearls:

has got some pearl syncussion

bought for about 50 quid in notting hill video exchange.

ALso featuring rsf sd140***

I guess its kinda true, Richard had never heard of Aphex before he made all his tracks, most of that stuff hadn't been done yet :3

I'm surprised no one is talking about this - a Rich designed plug in? How could that be bad

hzq0H3J.png

holy crap that's evoava! Dat guy iz just SOOOO KEWLLL! And Handsome. etc. sexy. and on and on.

and oh yeah free synth with never be4 heard synthesis type and an insane variety of new sounds..ya ya its cool i guess...

BUT EVOAVA. SO AWWWWEEEESSSSOME.

In all seriousness, I'll have to guess that the synthesis type is some derivative of granular synthesis. That seems to be where all the experimental synthesis fun is at.