IGNORED

Richard D James SoundCloud - A Gift To The Fans

Guest crowndicey

as I had mentioned before. It appears more and more solid that Jessica Cortes is related to RDJ...perhaps a daughter.

If this is really her, I see some RDJ's likeness. Also she has another cover art shows "JCJ" as in Jessica Cortes James as someone posted above.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3ip88cza9cy3f5v/Capture.PNG?dl=0

https://pp.vk.me/c624624/v624624017/1eeb4/EYkx8jBR_98.jpg

Leaving Home - Bradley was one of my "top 30" tracks before the big track disappearance, I'm glad it's amongst the few to return so far. It's a creeper, if you leave it on as background music it seems innocuous, but it's got that magic formula of a track that infects your mind and stirs your emotions without you realising.

I agree with Herr Jan, I know we need to keep the hype alive in between releases but speculating about "Jess" isn't the healthy option; there's 250+ tracks still to fully dissect + absorb, that's the (more) healthy option.

Looking forward to the new stuff.

Same. Easy to get complacent after the excitement of Syro, CCAI2, ODS and Soundcloud, but I for one am still in need of a constant supply of pantaloons to brace for the possible future stuff.

MFM came after ICBYD - MFM tracks were the precursor to RDJA tracks (using computers more)

iirc there weren't any computers involved with mfm

always got the impression that's why mfm (and ab5) never got released. at that time they probably seemed a bit old hat once the PC got involved and HAB was released.

I think you might be right - MFM/ABB5 were probably the last of the pure hardware stuff he worked on before HAB/RDJA...

he was using computers (atari) to sequence the tracks since the very early 90s, and was doing some basic digital editing of trax by i care...

so computers would still be involved in mfm. rdj album used the computer a bit more, but still had hardware synths/samplers. druqks was the first real computer album where the trax were all made in trackers in the computer.

At first, I was like WTF, when I saw her making hundreds of comments on the Soundclouds, it rustled my jimmies. But then I realized she is actually a true fan of the Braindance electronic music of 'our' preference, knows a lot more about Aphex and the extended genre thereof than I. Rather than cock an eyebrow, I decided for myself that the upvotes started to outweigh the sparse downvotes on this super fan.

Hey a lot of us are super fans. So let's not be grumpy just because she leaves a few of us in the dust. Aphex and 'our' entire musical genre needs serious fans who are turning 20 years old right now. Also, kids in their late teens and 20s will ALWAYS take the lion's share of the attention, so I won't be surprised if she gets a lot more followers as she matures.

Also, can someone please let me know why there are like 99.9% dudes in this genre? (every field, every genre now that i think of it)

Edited by skibby

Skibby, I've been asking myself the same. Such a bloke dominated genre. Back in the day (the 90s) I knew loads of other lasses making choons. I never let my love for rave and brainseance die.

i thought mfm was confirmed when joyrex changed his avatar to the mr men one...

:emotawesomepm9:

Well, things get shifted, delayed, etc. Big gears turn slowly!

Id5CKP2.png

First rep man now Jessica?

LOL, such a specific date - we'll see, but I suspect we'll see MFM in some form or another in 2016.

Id5CKP2.png

LOL, such a specific date - we'll see, but I suspect we'll see MFM in some form or another in 2016.

yeah, that date is a saturday so it's not for real

Id5CKP2.png

yeah, that date is a saturday so it's not for real

Mars - Saturn, makes sense.

At first, I was like WTF, when I saw her making hundreds of comments on the Soundclouds, it rustled my jimmies. But then I realized she is actually a true fan of the Braindance electronic music of 'our' preference, knows a lot more about Aphex and the extended genre thereof than I. Rather than cock an eyebrow, I decided for myself that the upvotes started to outweigh the sparse downvotes on this super fan.

Hey a lot of us are super fans. So let's not be grumpy just because she leaves a few of us in the dust. Aphex and 'our' entire musical genre needs serious fans who are turning 20 years old right now. Also, kids in their late teens and 20s will ALWAYS take the lion's share of the attention, so I won't be surprised if she gets a lot more followers as she matures.

Also, can someone please let me know why there are like 99.9% dudes in this genre? (every field, every genre now that i think of it)

This disease of a thread provides some in-depth analysis http://forum.watmm.com/topic/73682-women-and-the-idmz/

This disease of a thread provides some in-depth analysis http://forum.watmm.com/topic/73682-women-and-the-idmz/

u were supposed to let that thread die m8, let it fade into history lol

quietly.

Guest Londonskater

That would actually be hilarious if RDJ started using Jessica to announce release info for him.

I'd LOL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

quietly.

Just read through some of that thread. Ho-hum. :/ I not only listen to, but make music.

quietly.

Just read through some of that thread. Ho-hum. :/ I not only listen to, but make music.

That's great!

Checking out your soundcloud now. =)

edit: squelchy acidy stuff. i like

Edited by StephenG

I like how it's just 16(15) tracks on the soundcloud page now, it's like an album.

Merry Maidens

Leaving Home

Backdrop Trigger

Ms Short

Cottage 4 Af 1

Cottage3 E

Hilo

dsb

Synthi Rhy[q]

Dulcimer Dub

flutterwave

High hats tune tamclap

Rough Beat Tune

Gerald Remix

Square Dance

The only question is order, forwards, backwards, rearranged...

What do you think? Could this be an album?

That's great!

Checking out your soundcloud now. =)

edit: squelchy acidy stuff. i like

I second that emotion, and third it...really liking this stuff