IGNORED

Richard D James SoundCloud - A Gift To The Fans

Guest crowndicey

Thought someone said the last "1 year subscription" lasted until 27th Jan 2016? So as it's now late on the 29th and he still has the little pro user badge, does that mean he accepted the latest gifting? Hope so!

One year allready. It has been such a trip. The first few weeks i've been in AFX limbo, doing nothing else but listening to new AX tunes, killing my F5 button in the progress.

I'd been lurking this forum for years, but from january 2015 I was a guest every single day, enjoying the emotional rollercoaster together with so many others fans.

Fanx AFX for the killer tunes! Fanx WATMM users for all the fun.

the xmas / bradleys echoes connection got me thinking - is there, like, a list of similarities like this (sc tracks being connected to his released works) floating around? or is it jus that one thing (aside from the demos, that is)

the xmas / bradleys echoes connection got me thinking - is there, like, a list of similarities like this (sc tracks being connected to his released works) floating around? or is it jus that one thing (aside from the demos, that is)

Dunno if I'm getting your question right here but that docsheet (see jejunum's post) has quite nice side notes section where are plenty of notes about those similarities. Here are few from the top of my mind, alas quite obvious and somewhat subtle ones

afx origTheme and Spectrum -> UT1-Dot

P-string -> Quoth(s)

Original Chaos Riff-> Cuckoo

beginning of Mooow -> Phloam (ok, this is quite IMO)

bob Morgan'n Robocop samples -> Green calx

Dunno if I'm getting your question right here but that docsheet (see jejunum's post) has quite nice side notes section where are plenty of notes about those similarities. Here are few from the top of my mind, alas quite obvious and somewhat subtle ones

afx origTheme and Spectrum -> UT1-Dot

P-string -> Quoth(s)

Original Chaos Riff-> Cuckoo

beginning of Mooow -> Phloam (ok, this is quite IMO)

bob Morgan'n Robocop samples -> Green calx

Does anyone else hear a pretty heavy similarity between the main synthline at 5:25 in Cheetah 3 and the synth in the background at around 4:12 to 4:21 of umil-25? Sounds rather the same to me.

Listening to a lot of this today. Man 19 ssnb is just beautiful. Real gem of a track - crazy to think he had just been sitting on it all these years.

I couldn't agree more!

I still like the beat-ful version (SSBA) better, the little bell percussion really ties the room together... but either way they are very high up on my Top 100 list. That main lead synth is so lonely and stoic, like the last of a species searching for a mate.

Edited by jsmcpn

Pretty sure I've got to go through this whole delicious dump again, from beginning to end. I thought I had whittled the whole thing down to the barest most perfect bones. The purest concentrated AFX tincture. Then I realise I'm missing tracks like Rough Beat Tune, Gerald Remix and Ssnb (wtf).

Silly, foolish Beerwolf.

Edited by beerwolf

Listening to a lot of this today. Man 19 ssnb is just beautiful. Real gem of a track - crazy to think he had just been sitting on it all these years.

I couldn't agree more!

Was just listening '19 ssnb' also. It's kinda simple but just beautiful. I really like how Richard can arrange (from time to time) so many layers in one track which just goes hand in hand..

I'm the silly foolish one. medievil rave mk2 and tigercubdelay weren't in my playlist, and it took 3 runs through the whole dump to realize. I think I'm just going to drag the whole thing into my player, nix the few I get absolutely nothing from at all, and save that.

Guest bitroast

i was spending ages on making playlists but ultimately kept missing stuff and wanting to add more and more. then i'd try and sort them into pleasing listens but it would normally get boring cos it would just be me listening to big chunks of similar styled tracks.

i'm sure its possible to still making good playlists out of the sound dump, but man... it seems like a lot of work... and in the end i'm getting most enjoyment out of just casually listening + shuffling and stumbling onto nice moments and sick transitions that i would never have thought of (ie. putting 2 contrasting songs 1 after another after another and it being interesting).