IGNORED

Richard D James SoundCloud - A Gift To The Fans

Guest crowndicey

i was down the pub with my mate last night, discussing how that back in the 90's we were too young to really be involved with all the excitement of a new Aphex release.

this morning I woke up to 28 Organ and 4 Red Calx. i am genuinely filled with an awesome feeling of privilege to be experiencing all this as it unfolds

after repeatedly saying how 2014 was a vintage year for music, it doesn't look like its guna stop...

thanks Rich.

i don't want this to ever stop, idm history right here, fuck

also amid all the chaos i forgot to show respect to another returning idm legend, hello kaen!

Office work?

Bingo. I've done nothing for two days straight, and this will probably be the third.

28 organ. 28 organ. Fuck, it's good. This highlights all my favorite parts of RDJ's output...the bits that bring me back to the ecstatic joy of being a kid again (CAT 00897 AA1, Alberto Balsalm, On, Melodies From Mars, Qkthr, Rhubarb, etc.). It's amazing how he manages to wrap all the childlike innocence and playfulness of the melodic content inside such a rhythmically complex and intricately crafted composition. That robo-voice breakdown at 4:53 reminds me a little of this track by Nobuo Takemura, Lost Treasure. The long form sort of composition reminds me of the Icelandic group múm's first album.

28 organ. 28 organ. Fuck, it's good. This highlights all my favorite parts of RDJ's output...the bits that bring me back to the ecstatic joy of being a kid again (CAT 00897 AA1, Alberto Balsalm, On, Melodies From Mars, Qkthr, Rhubarb, etc.). It's amazing how he manages to wrap all the childlike innocence and playfulness of the melodic content inside such a rhythmically complex and intricately crafted composition. That robo-voice breakdown at 4:53 reminds me a little of this track by Nobuo Takemura, Lost Treasure. The long form sort of composition reminds me of the Icelandic group múm's first album.

yeah listening to it right now. it's damn good.

this stuff is all so much cooler than syro or the robot album

dat talent

Edited by Berk

This thread is too long to see if someone else has thought of this, but -

Has anyone else figured that the numeric gaps in the song titles might be *stuff that was already commercially released*?

He probably has it all mixed in together?

yes. Tracks like organ are the reason I got into RDJ.

it sounds a lot like flim to me.

i don't want to read all this page... please, just for laught, any news about the removing of "5 Girl Boy Dark Version"... speculation : he wants re-use this for another music to create a new track... otherwise, ever 101 tracks from soundcloud? i'm on work & all (youtube, soundcloud, etc.) are blocked...

Jesus! I want to give Richard James my money, how do I give Richard my money?

re-buys and buys all the products Aphex Twin, AFX, Polygon Window, Caustic Window, etc. even derivatives, not just cassettes, vinyl records, VHS and DVD ...

thank you, good idea.

Anyone slowed down red calx yet? Sorry I skipped loads of pages.

No, but I slowed down 2 Pcb 2 and got the At the Heart of It All drums... :)