IGNORED

New countdown, new release? [Aphex Twin Warp Store]

Time Tourist

On 5/12/2022 at 8:33 PM, Dragon said:

there's been a lot of buzz (over the years) around rdj archiving his cassette tracks and getting them mastered and publicly released. i'm starting to wonder what kind of format he'll use, because it's just occured to me that there has never been a release by rdj which is solely aimed at collecting old material.

i think SAW85-92, itself, is the only exception to this. we've had compilations like Classics and Caustic Window (which are both reissues of tracks already available) and the 2000 reissue of SOSW had two new tracks. obviously the digitals store came with lots and lots of bonus tracks, which were tacked onto pre-existing albums.

so what would it look like? this is a project very, very personal to rdj and the longer it takes him to make up his mind, the longer we'll have to wait...

I don't so much care about the format but damn would be great if they finally ended up to bleepstore. Or SAW 1.5 / SAW 85-92 anniversary release with bonus tracks but somehow can't see those happening, even though there apparently was some talk or plans about such release with R&S years ago. The current state of the store feels little half arsed with its empty Soundclown sections hanging there without any content. Somehow I got the picture that RDJ simply lost interest with the store and hence it is what it is.

IMHO those SC tracks sound fine even without any remastering. Still listening to them weekly and finding new favorites. Some new archive finds would be yummy though. Also keeping my fingers crossed for the rest of the Rephlex releases added to the store. But so I did last year and year before it so....:shrug:

• Like 3

On 5/29/2022 at 12:56 AM, diatoms said:

acid on a sunday morn!

tanks psn:)

found posted to yt

2022 year of the acid

hopefully:):aphexsign:

is it OK not to like it? =..[

1 hour ago, _vow_of_silence_ said:

is it OK not to like it? =..[

like reality, music is subjective:)

i just ripped an mp3 because i've listened to it on yt about thirty times now

nice bit o acid to my brain:aphexsign:

• Like 1
  • Big Brain 1

1 minute ago, trying to be less rude said:

I really don't get how you can listen to this and think it's RDJ :huh: so many cheesy melodies going nowhere

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Burger 1
  • Farnsworth 1

11 hours ago, trying to be less rude said:

I don't get how this is released on vinyl when there are so many amazing artists who seem to struggle to make minimums to produce that stuff...

• Like 1

idk, just about everyone said "wow never would have believed it's aphex" during the sc dump.

sorry to troll on the internet. this unseen person has some nice techno and i notice mr jams tropes.

Edited by trying to be less rude

2 hours ago, X4creek said:

lol the yt upload of the new track got copyrighted Of Course

wouldn't that be a good thing though.. remember syro, uploading the old live set recordings and getting the merlin/warp copyright.. ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chronical said:

wouldn't that be a good thing though.. remember syro, uploading the old live set recordings and getting the merlin/warp copyright.. ?

this copyright is from "Annabel Hockeysmith" which is the artist the collab is with i think

but hopefully that means they'll release the track officially sometime soon

7 hours ago, trying to be less rude said:

idk, just about everyone said "wow never would have believed it's aphex" during the sc dump.

sorry to troll on the internet. this unseen person has some nice techno and i notice mr jams tropes.

Agreed. This one has some particularly tussy vibes.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 2

• 3 weeks later...
11 hours ago, watmmisdead said:

hein?

in the sc dump thread, when the dump was ongoing, many people said that, for many of the tracks.

the modern destruction of reality may be good for techno

• Like 1

On 6/19/2022 at 8:06 AM, trying to be less rude said:

the modern destruction of reality

hey man that's a great line. I hope you don't mind I used it when I went on a rant this week with a friend of mine about the current state of human civilization

• Like 2
  • Burger 1

On 6/1/2022 at 12:47 PM, chronical said:

image.png.a2090b2870cb0b70388f9a94fedc9dfc.png

looks like that's not coming out either. curious if that paradox collab is in the pipeline still

where can I listen to it? some degen must have at least ripped it