IGNORED

Richard Devine - Sort​\​Lave

cear

No not really tbh. I'm not anti-establishment and don't have any interest in going against the grain "just cause". I make an honest attempt to enjoy anything I listen to and try to listen to each release with a blank slate free from bias. 

I just legitimately don't enjoy most of what you've mentioned. But to be fair, I did enjoy OPN's Rifts, and his recent We'll Take It EP. Actress is complete and utter shit designed for starbucks fedora wearing hipsters, every single release. VHS Head I've been pretty clear I enjoy a fair number of his tracks however I don't understand the universal acclaim or comments such as "album of the decade", and NTS sessions well... you're spot on. No understanding of the appeal whatsoever. It's watered down Autechre IMO.

Like anyone in the forums I actually listen to this stuff despite what everyone thinks. I don't have a PHD in music listening or whatever, but I do listen to an immense amount of music. Anything I say is an opinion just like anyone else but I'm certainly not a troll...

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

where is the love and the hyype? yo guys need blowjobs and drugs cause this is devine's dopest album yet and this thread has 6 pages, wtf?? for shame!

I'm in camp ooze. As much as I enjoyed Cautella and Risp, they have a few of tracks I skip over. P much every track on this is dope.

edit: I also wasn't really a richard devine fan until maybe a couple years ago. Def acknowledge his skill now though.

where is the love and the hyype? yo guys need blowjobs and drugs cause this is devine's dopest album yet and this thread has 6 pages, wtf?? for shame!

I'm in camp ooze. As much as I enjoyed Cautella and Risp, they have a few of tracks I skip over. P much every track on this is dope.

edit: I also wasn't really a richard devine fan until maybe a couple years ago. Def acknowledge his skill now though.

Thirded. Excellent album

richard has made some serious head-spinning jams over the years. i thik the richard coleman devine ep came out when he was like 18 or something?

anyway.. there's good shit all over his discography.  the new record is nice and i'm still finding it kinda deep but subtle.  gonna give it a good headphone listen today while on a long flight. 

One week of listening in now. It's stellar. I bet I'm going to be listening to this all winter.

Thirded. Excellent album

Fourth'd. I've always loved Ricahrd Devine. Just getting around to the new one now and yeah it's fuckin nasty. He's got this real dark, brutal vibe to his music (I'd say edgy but that's way too cringe so I won't ha). Lends a gratifying 'human' touch to the super technical, digital mindfuckery, and also serves to really separate him from his contemporaries. Like I would never confuse a Devine track for an Autechre track in a blind lineup. 

Also Autechre fans hating on Richard Devine always struck me as akin to Metallica fans hating on Megadeth or something. Like....it's okay to like both, they're basically the same exact fucking thing haha. Nothing wrong with having a favorite and still enjoying the other.

Autechre fans hating on Richard Devine, they're basically the same exact fucking thing haha.

haha no.

Like RDevine all day IDC, he's got his talents but....no.

Wait , Richard Devine was once in autechre ?

yes, but Rombob got like anxious and Seoum had to kick him out, it was either Rombob or Richard, and Seoom liked Rombob more. Actually they both got scared because Divine is more “edgy” “metallica” and “modular” in his “brutal” “world-building”.

Wait , Richard Devine was once in autechre ?

yes, but Rombob got like anxious and Seoum had to kick him out, it was either Rombob or Richard, and Seoom liked Rombob more. Actually they both got scared because Divine is more “edgy” “metallica” and “modular” in his “brutal” “world-building”.

Life-affirming post.

Archived