IGNORED

Autechre. NTS Residency. (_O_)

Stock

I would pay for subscription to a 24/7 live stream of a constantly moving max patch

O God, the FOMO would kill me I think.

for me it would basically be "The Entertainment" from infinite Jest 

For years I've decided to get rid of fetishes. Vinyl is a fetish. The fetish, with its liturgy, serves to instill a frivolous sense of security. The fetish is near the Horror Vacui. Yet, like a real jerk, this time I bought the vinyl box. The god of the vacuo possessed me. Substance and form intersected and I put myself prone. I have not turned on the record player for at least 7 years. Sometimes it's good, feeling assholes. :datboi:

CD is also a fetish=no players anymore. I freely indulge. Say “yes”...and don’t open it.

CD is probably the cheapest, most convenient way to listen to an album on the stereo. sure, you can plug your mp3 / 'high-res' audio player into the receiver, but CDs are easier / sound better. same with playing music in a car -- a CD (provided you have a player) sounds better than plugging anything into the AUX jack. it's a convenient medium. also, tons of music is released on CD, where there's no vinyl version.

For years I've decided to get rid of fetishes. Vinyl is a fetish. The fetish, with its liturgy, serves to instill a frivolous sense of security. The fetish is near the Horror Vacui. Yet, like a real jerk, this time I bought the vinyl box. The god of the vacuo possessed me. Substance and form intersected and I put myself prone. I have not turned on the record player for at least 7 years. Sometimes it's good, feeling assholes. :datboi:

CD is also a fetish=no players anymore. I freely indulge. Say “yes”...and don’t open it.

CD is probably the cheapest, most convenient way to listen to an album on the stereo. sure, you can plug your mp3 / 'high-res' audio player into the receiver, but CDs are easier / sound better. same with playing music in a car -- a CD (provided you have a player) sounds better than plugging anything into the AUX jack. it's a convenient medium. also, tons of music is released on CD, where there's no vinyl version.

probably what you say is true, but leave out the profound meaning of the operation: eradicate the rational sense, make an obvious crap, and feel completely asshole. Take off these three instances, and what is left of me?

so: vinyl.

Yeah because Worf Records are gonna cancel the most expensive Autechre release in history.

Perhaps the pre-orders are lower than the estimated figure, and they risk not covering production costs: this happens because they sell the items at too low cost. They should try to raise it up a bit.

Try 250£ Worf!

Yeah because Worf Records are gonna cancel the most expensive Autechre release in history.

Perhaps the pre-orders are lower than the estimated figure, and they risk not covering production costs: this happens because they sell the items at too low cost. They should try to raise it up a bit.

Try 250£ Worf!

Inconceivable 

Japan is getting its very own domestic release of the CD set for NTS Sessions. Any of the other editions you see listed below will be imports of the 'original' CD and Vinyl sets into Japan, including - curiously - the original CD set, for the exact same price as the limited domestic edition :psyduck:

ae-nts-jpn-beatink7kq4u.png

NTS Sessions. Complete Box Set.

Beat Records/Warp Records (BRWP364)

- Release date: Aug 24 2018

- Limited to 500 copies

- Includes original sticker by Designers Republic (likely just of the cover art)

- Notes by Tsutomu Noda included

No bonus tracks, which is understandable in the context of an 8 disc set produced in such limited numbers, but expecting it to get a noice obi strip wraparound for maximum phuturistic aesthetic appeal

So, this thing is limited to 500 copies? Is that accurate? Seems low to me.

Are all copies coming with notes by Tsutomu Noda? Who is that?

Haven’t seen these details anywhere so curious about what’s up With them.

BODY IS RDY.

So, this thing is limited to 500 copies? Is that accurate? Seems low to me.

Are all copies coming with notes by Tsutomu Noda? Who is that?

Haven’t seen these details anywhere so curious about what’s up With them.

BODY IS RDY.

500 copies is indeed accurate - details are from Beat Records site, who have been licensing Warp stuff since the 90s (post-Sony love-in). Japanese retailers selling preorders also give notice of the limited specification.

Tsutomo Noda is legit - he started ele-king (music magazine) in the mid 90s, it's still going. He has provided liner notes for all Warp releases that receive localised Japanese versions under Beat Records cat numbers. Derrick May interviewed him once.

This will be a rare Warp release that won't see any bonus tracks for the Japanese version. In fact, the only differences will be an obi strip, and whatever licensing info is added to the CD box/sleeves mentioning Beat Records. I don't forsee any kind of 'limited no. x of 500' marking.

Edited by jasondonervan

Can relate, that second quarter of 2018 was almost designed to peak with the live show.

I took a break from NTS at the start of June (and even then it was mostly revisiting NTS1 in the second half of May), hanging out for the physical. Ever since my ae rotation has mostly been Krakow, Move of Ten, 2018 bootlegs (and elseq in the last week). I've been obsessed with Krakow over the last 2 months. Good time to sit back and bask in their 2010s body of work.

I was the same, listened to NTS around 30 times in April/early May, album of the decade, but good to catch up (or revisit) other things. I don't think I've listened to NTS3 since April, almost like that one is too special for regular listens.

Edited by Roo

This is a funny one. When this was released i almost listened to it exclusively for about a month ... nothing else really. After seeing them in Melbourne i haven't really listened to them and that was a month ago... you guys still caning it?

Yeah same tbh. I listened to a bit of NTS1 today on the way to work, but generally haven't played it since seeing them. I've been on a bit of a metal kick these last few weeks though so that's a contributing factor. I'll get back to it, I'm sure. I always have that "cooling off period" with new Autechre though, after caning the album almost exclusively for a couple of weeks.

I've just started dipping my toes back in after caning it then giving it a rest. In my experience you have to go through that process like 4 or 5 times to really get a feel for newer 'chre

Yeah same tbh. I listened to a bit of NTS1 today on the way to work, but generally haven't played it since seeing them. I've been on a bit of a metal kick these last few weeks though so that's a contributing factor. I'll get back to it, I'm sure. I always have that "cooling off period" with new Autechre though, after caning the album almost exclusively for a couple of weeks.

pretty much exactly this, just change "weeks" with "months".

still one of the best releases ever in terms of content as well as the way it was released itself. never forget aepril_oneeight <3

I just can’t stop listening to it all the time since April - all of them 1-4!

4 is good for sleeping

1-3 are great any other time

. I feel like this album is extremely special and doesn’t really have any filler. That’s a feat for an 8 hour long beast!

Also, April was magical checking out these new tunes on NTS.

i listen to it a lot but have long mostly chill days alone at work and it's great for that.  also still listen in the studio some because the details.. fuck. 

I just can’t stop listening to it all the time since April - all of them 1-4!

4 is good for sleeping

1-3 are great any other time

. I feel like this album is extremely special and doesn’t really have any filler. That’s a feat for an 8 hour long beast!

Also, April was magical checking out these new tunes on NTS.

Yes!

=D

I got a new job where I can listen to music with headphones in for the whole 8 hours I'm there.

I've played this almost every night.

And then I'll get home, plop down into bed and listen to 4 again while falling asleep.

=P

I'm slightly addicted to this release. All of it.

Though, as usual, my favorite tracks have changed a bit.

T1A1 is magnificent. What an opener.

Then gonk tuf hi and dummy casual pt.2... These two tracks together are so fucking sick.

Glos ceramic-G 1 e 1-nineFly is completely mind blowing...

And then shimripl casual and all end finishing it up... Such a release of emotion after this massive collection of tracks.

I know I'll only throw the official CDs into my large stereo (as it doesn't read burnt CDs properly for some reason - it's old, whatchoogonnado?!) a time or two, but I can't wait for that package to arrive in the mail.

O have an empty spot on my shelf above my computer desk ready to receive this magnificent little box set.

=D

Outside from EXAI, it'll be the only physical copy of an AE album that I still have.

Someone stole everything else around 2011. Fuckers.

I wouldn't be upset about it except I know they didn't enjoy my music selection, and these CDs probably wound up tossed away on the side of the road somewhere...

If only someone with my taste in music would have stolen all my CDs...

=P

Maybe I should be happy they broke into my apartment, wasted time carrying out a huge box of albums out of the place and didn't enjoy one thing in there...

<shrug>

I didn't listened to NTS in it's entirety since April, then two weeks ago on my vacation on the beachside sunbathing I listened for the first time to the whole 8 hours in one session. It was great.

Next listening session is planned when the CDs arrive...

Edited by Chabraendeky