IGNORED

Autechre. NTS Residency. (_O_)

Stock

Haven't been following this closely. Are these all unreleased tracks coming out on the warp discs? or just some of them?

nts is all new, though one song appeared in '16 shows, and one song bears similarity to the end of bladelores.
Shimripl Casual (from the onesix show)

And all end is the bladelores outro extended and expanded...

And G 1 e 1 is at the end of some AE_Live, is it not?

And Debris_Funk is a 'remix' of spth...

And carefree counter dronal is a layer of pendulu hv moda...

And I'm sure there's more I'm missing...

=P

But yeah, all new!

=D

Edited by Hk47

Not sure about these lps. Kind of feels like buying expensive packaging for a product I basically already have. On the other hand it would help pool money for Shawaddywaddy & Rob van Winkles' future endeavors in buying expensive new music equipment/shoes & drugs, and I would have the whole NTS on sweet lp format, but the way the tracks have been placed, butchered here and there to fit the format? Hmmm.... Should I fall for the marketing or realize that I already have the essence of the thing - the music itself, and be happy with that?

I think I only would have bought the vinyl if I already had an AE lp collection started. As it is now, all of my old vinyl was stolen and I have 2 lps (not AE) and no record player.

=P

<shrug>

I also don't really have that much disposable income ATM... So... That factored into it as well.

But damn that huge box would look pretty sitting out on display...

=X

I imagine most people who got the vinyl will only listen to it on special occasions.

I will only need a proper CD version. At home I only listen to CDs. But still have to wait a few weeks...

=D

I'm super excited!! I ordered an elseq shirt with my CDs...

It'll be my first AE shirt...

WOOO!

=P

Not sure about these lps. Kind of feels like buying expensive packaging for a product I basically already have. On the other hand it would help pool money for Shawaddywaddy & Rob van Winkles' future endeavors in buying expensive new music equipment/shoes & drugs, and I would have the whole NTS on sweet lp format, but the way the tracks have been placed, butchered here and there to fit the format? Hmmm.... Should I fall for the marketing or realize that I already have the essence of the thing - the music itself, and be happy with that?

I almost didn't buy the CDs, but it was only like ~$15 more for the CDs vs the digitals, so I said fuck it why not.

For years I've decided to get rid of fetishes. Vinyl is a fetish. The fetish, with its liturgy, serves to instill a frivolous sense of security. The fetish is near the Horror Vacui. Yet, like a real jerk, this time I bought the vinyl box. The god of the vacuo possessed me. Substance and form intersected and I put myself prone. I have not turned on the record player for at least 7 years. Sometimes it's good, feeling assholes.  :datboi:

Japan is getting its very own domestic release of the CD set for NTS Sessions. Any of the other editions you see listed below will be imports of the 'original' CD and Vinyl sets into Japan, including - curiously - the original CD set, for the exact same price as the limited domestic edition  :psyduck:

ae-nts-jpn-beatink7kq4u.png

NTS Sessions. Complete Box Set.

Beat Records/Warp Records (BRWP364)

- Release date: Aug 24 2018

- Limited to 500 copies

- Includes original sticker by Designers Republic (likely just of the cover art)

- Notes by Tsutomu Noda included

No bonus tracks, which is understandable in the context of an 8 disc set produced in such limited numbers, but expecting it to get a noice obi strip wraparound for maximum phuturistic aesthetic appeal

For years I've decided to get rid of fetishes. Vinyl is a fetish. The fetish, with its liturgy, serves to instill a frivolous sense of security. The fetish is near the Horror Vacui. Yet, like a real jerk, this time I bought the vinyl box. The god of the vacuo possessed me. Substance and form intersected and I put myself prone. I have not turned on the record player for at least 7 years. Sometimes it's good, feeling assholes. :datboi:

? CD is also a fetish=no players anymore. I freely indulge. Say “yes”...and don’t open it.

yes, vinyl is kinda stupid, especially in this case. still got em just to throw money in ae's general direction and look at the thing once in a while.

For years I've decided to get rid of fetishes. Vinyl is a fetish. The fetish, with its liturgy, serves to instill a frivolous sense of security. The fetish is near the Horror Vacui. Yet, like a real jerk, this time I bought the vinyl box. The god of the vacuo possessed me. Substance and form intersected and I put myself prone. I have not turned on the record player for at least 7 years. Sometimes it's good, feeling assholes. :datboi:

CD is also a fetish=no players anymore. I freely indulge. Say “yes”...and don’t open it.

I can proudly say that, by committing the same identical crap with other people, the feeling of well-being is transformed into a real, impressive catharsis!  :beer:

Sean, Rob, seriously: now that we have invested all our savings into something we can never listen to, could you come and play in accessible places (I am tired of flying to Poland), possibly in an adequate space?

Thank you.

I still haven’t heard any of this. My first listen will be on the vinyl format.

Hats off.

I have listened a few times but not obsessively like I would have if it had been a physical release from the word go.

Also awaiting vinyls for a mammoth session

I still haven’t heard any of this. My first listen will be on the vinyl format.

i hope you wont listen only on the vinyl cause you'll never know how it really sounds like...  :tongue:

New interview, apologies if someone already posted

Autechre: ‘Something happens when you listen to music in the dark’

The English duo on why they’re doing their electronic manoeuvres with the lights out

Some nice bits:

“Brian Eno has always been an influence,” Booth says. “He gives you so many different ways at looking at things, in combining instruments, or how a track unfolds. He is never shy to try things out, and we’re a bit similar in that we’re not scared to surprise ourselves. Making mistakes is how you learn things. I only heard about generative music from reading an interview with Eno, where he talked about the concept, and we’d already been doing it to a point because we’re interested in incorporating uncertainty. We don’t do long, drawn-out ambient things, but we made a form of ambient music on the NTS Sessions, which came about after we did a DJ mix for them. They asked us to do a residency but we didn’t fancy putting together eight-hour DJ mixes. We realised we could make something of our own that could last eight hours. It was ambitious, but we gave it a go. We treated it like a Peel Session, just a giant one.

Indeed, the late John Peel was a committed champion and formative influence on the Rochdale duo. “John Peel pulled me away from hip-hop by playing Meat Beat Manifesto and Renegade Soundwave,” Booth says. “He showed me you could push things in whatever direction you wanted. He died around the same as John Balance from Coil, which was awful. Now there is a real void of tastemakers in general. All the best tunes took the piss a bit. There was always an element that wasn’t supposed to be there. People are scared now. They think you can only make a living if you toe the line, and there is a lot of line-toeing in music.”

Edited by jasondonervan

If they can produce so much material They should make a subscription service on the store

Like a certain amount per year to get all tracks by booth and brown

Pretty sick

I’d buy in the nano second

If they can produce so much material They should make a subscription service on the store

Pretty sick

I’d buy that. But you’d get a few puritaens on here complaining that the tracks weren’t polished or “proper releases”

Pretty sick

I would pay for subscription to a 24/7 live stream of a constantly moving max patch

yes, vinyl is kinda stupid, especially in this case. still got em just to throw money in ae's general direction and look at the thing once in a while.

tbh they're probably not directly getting any more money for vinyl sales than the digital. The higher price for the vinyl version is to cover production costs.

The box set (either CD or LP) would be a nice bookshelf piece, but I've got so much other stuff I'd rather spend my money on. I think from now on I'm going to buy Ae releases in digital only.. and then have the merch be the physical product (if they ever get black t-shirts made again—thank fuck the Australian tour t-shirt was black with white print).

I feel a sort of similar regret with spending so much on the vinyl & CD. I'm going through a thing of throwing out loads of unnecessary stuff right now, just tidying up and stuff, but now I'm at the point where I have all these Autechre CD's and Vinyls which I'm keeping for some reason. I love ae and want to support them, I kind of collect all their stuff on all formats but I really took a big financial hit on NTS right after moving for a new career where I'm earning far less than I used to. I guess it's fine but realistically I'm probably never going to play the CD or the vinyl; I don't even own decks!

tl;dr i'm a cretin

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your pre-order of Autechre - NTS Sessions.

We're writing to let you know that unfortunately the production of this record has been delayed.  We now expect your order to be dispatched the week of the 13th August. You will receive a dispatch notification as soon as it ships.

We're sorry for any inconvenience caused by this delay.

:catcry: