IGNORED

Oneohtrix Point Never - Age Of

someguy

I dont understand criticisms of the artistic direction of the album, it being too poppy or not poppy enough...

Y'all just make the music you want to make, right? Why should it be any different for anyone else?

I think this album is really unique, and if he had strived to sound more "opn", or more conventional, it would be more homogenous and boring. What makes me keep coming back is how varied and weird this album is. I don't see the problem.

Admittedly, when I play any part of this album around my wife or my mom, I don't play the album front-to-back, so yeah, I don't think it's accessible. But I, a fan, am happy, and I think Dan seems to have evolved his music and seems proud, so... Misson accomplished?

On a side note: whats with his obsession with bodily sounds, like coughing, hacking, growling, groaning, wordless screaming? I kinda thought he would leave that in GoD, but by my account, there's something roughly in this category in Age Of, Manifold, Black Snow, myriad.industries, Warning, We'll Take It, Same.... Christ, thats like, half the album, and only Black Snow and Warning seem to have a thematic reason for it as far as I can tell.

On a side note: whats with his obsession with bodily sounds, like coughing, hacking, growling, groaning, wordless screaming? I kinda thought he would leave that in GoD, but by my account, there's something roughly in this category in Age Of, Manifold, Black Snow, myriad.industries, Warning, We'll Take It, Same.... Christ, thats like, half the album, and only Black Snow and Warning seem to have a thematic reason for it as far as I can tell.

during the whole promo of GoD they made this entire website with a fake band and tons of links to all kinds of things vaguely (un?)related to the album or the idea behind it, and one of those links was a .pdf to this philosophical book about 'abjection' https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Powers_of_Horror

its a bit above my head but it seems to deal with yucky gross ew stuff

it's the ghoulish dead earth AI's grotesque simulations of what they imagine human emotions to sound like

lol

during the whole promo of GoD they made this entire website with a fake band and tons of links to all kinds of things vaguely (un?)related to the album or the idea behind it, and one of those links was a .pdf to this philosophical book about 'abjection' https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Powers_of_Horror

its a bit above my head but it seems to deal with yucky gross ew stuff

Granted, yeah, and he also references this Rabelais book in the press for this one, which is supposed to have lots of "crude and scatological humor"... but like, if I like making fart jokes, that doesn't mean I put a bunch of fart noises in my tracks

What is with everyone hearing inaccessible experimental music that doesn’t resemble pop music in the slightest except maaaaybe by having an auto tuned vocal or one recognizable chord and calling it pop? This isn’t a pop record at all. Nether is a lot any of this experimental shit coming out. Especially music journalists, Jesus.

Thanks for liking it. I'll copypasta my comment on the video because there is demand for the "full remix". This track is 99.5 BPM so it's not complete chaos but it only sounds nice and 80s for a brief moment. It would be cool to flesh out an entire 80s-inspired track that has the "Same" sample emerge as an awesome surprise but I gotta leave that to Mitch Murder and other folks who really live in the a e s t h e t i c.

So the key to 80s pop is the bang-on quantized rhythm. This track "behaves" just long enough during this moment to slap on a Dead or Alive DMX beat and monosynth bassline (used the Novation Bass Station II). It doesn't sound right anywhere else due to the 0pn style of righteously fucking up every thing. There is no "full" remix. 19 seconds of vapor-"Same" in an alternate multiverse. Take your own stab at it--maybe Daniel and ANOHNI are watching and will cook up the Tears for Weird album we'd all love to hear.Show less

i love u xxx

Loving this album. Having played it 6 times thus far, the only thing that doesn't sit right with me is the vocal treatment on Babylon. I imagine that will soften with time and repeated plays though.

Oomph! oomph! oomph!

bit of a brief tangent but just to let you know the motherfucking masterpiece Commissions Volume 1 (just for the record my favourite OPN release, though currently on rocky ground) is up on Spotify after disappearing from Bleep (and if you'd bought it from Bleep as it had gone from my account)

OPN comes correct, as most Warp artists seem to do, on the EP format

Edited by beerwolf

Oomph! oomph! oomph!

bit of a brief tangent but just to let you know the motherfucking masterpiece Commissions Volume 1 (just for the record my favourite OPN release, though currently on rocky ground) is up on Spotify after disappearing from Bleep (and if you'd bought it from Bleep as it had gone from my account)

What about commissions II?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone know where I can get digital vinals of these two anywhere as a legal download (preferably as a FLAC) ?

bit of a brief tangent but just to let you know the motherfucking masterpiece Commissions Volume 1 (just for the record my favourite OPN release, though currently on rocky ground) is up on Spotify after disappearing from Bleep (and if you'd bought it from Bleep as it had gone from my account)OPN comes correct, as most Warp artists seem to do, on the EP format

Anyone know where I can get digital vinals of these two anywhere as a legal download (preferably as a FLAC) ?

they are miles ahead of age of imo.. where did all dat energy go man..