IGNORED

Oneohtrix Point Never - Age Of

someguy

like the album straight away but those vocals on babylon are just horrendous, makes yung lean sound like marvin gaye

hated them at first, love them now.  hate black snow at first, love it now.

hope it grows on me like any good music, anyway love what i'm hearing on this album

dempi4bw4aadb6d3foqd.jpg

Tweet since deleted

didn't Ferraro already to a LA riot concept album? 

still seems interesting if true, reminds me of this lol

It should include mental feelings and ideas related to minerals secrets in the depths, a second invisible moon, a striper girl that does hypnotism and rules wall street secretly, a discouraging moment in Pitagoras life that accidentally led him into the source behind the source, a legendary talking Gekko, an immortal individual from Saturn that is made of a rare crystal, the idea of transhumanism being destroyed and forbidden by a mysterious individual that wears a hat, a skycrapper full of replicas of robotic greek ancient philosophers walking around and thinking, a blood pact made of artificial blood from a femenine robot with blood of her masculine human lover, a plasma child, internet massive and final breakdown due to a child mastermind sabotage, a clan of women that can transform themselves into birds, a rare latino cop that sabotages the ultimate nanoweapon system from Russia, the autumn season being modified by an unpredicted plasma cataclism inside the earth, a legendary ancient motorbike..

I don't think the L.A. riots started over a Terminator shooting up a club?

I do think the LITTOL tune was my favorite of the Myriad show though (if I kept count properly), would be nice to have that and the ultra lush Trance jingle on (a) separate release(s), because the album still isn't really compelling me to pull out my wallet.

Edited by manmower

dempi4bw4aadb6d3foqd.jpg

Tweet since deleted

It should include mental feelings and ideas related to minerals secrets in the depths, a second invisible moon, a striper girl that does hypnotism and rules wall street secretly, a discouraging moment in Pitagoras life that accidentally led him into the source behind the source, a legendary talking Gekko, an immortal individual from Saturn that is made of a rare crystal, the idea of transhumanism being destroyed and forbidden by a mysterious individual that wears a hat, a skycrapper full of replicas of robotic greek ancient philosophers walking around and thinking, a blood pact made of artificial blood from a femenine robot with blood of her masculine human lover, a plasma child, internet massive and final breakdown due to a child mastermind sabotage, a clan of women that can transform themselves into birds, a rare latino cop that sabotages the ultimate nanoweapon system from Russia, the autumn season being modified by an unpredicted plasma cataclism inside the earth, a legendary ancient motorbike..

I do think the LITTOL tune was my favorite of the Myriad show though (if I kept count properly), would be nice to have that and the ultra lush Trance jingle on (a) separate release(s), because the album still isn't really compelling me to pull out my wallet.

oops totally, point taken hah

so much opn in this post

dempi4bw4aadb6d3foqd.jpg

Tweet since deleted

oops totally, point taken hah

But Skid Row almost wasn't an album at all. It started life, in fact, as a set of poems called Terminator, named after the 1984 James Cameron film about a time-travelling cyborg coming to Los Angeles to kill the mother of a future resistance leader. "[With] A lot of my albums when I start conceptualising them, I picture them being stage plays or operas or films," he says.

nvm :smile:

On listen 3, and it's definitely growing on me a lot. Listen 1 of new OPN is usually kinda rough, and this is no exception, but it's coming together for me. I still kinda wish there was also a studio version if the Myriad band version, as I think some tracks were better in that format.

Anyone notice the quiet geiger counter noise in RayCats?

I like a lot of the little details. Fav tracks so far: Manifold, The Station, Black Snow, RayCats. I also really love the 2nd half of Toys 2, but I feel like Daniel kinda fucks up the first half with unnecessary distortion. *shrug*

first play I liked it a lot but then I'm mostly cool with vocals 

see what happens with further plays (it could get better or worse!) first impressions OPN seems to of delivered something rather unique, time shall tell

sorry Jason but this time i´m faster with new pic ;)

merlin_138485979_3d4652bf-225d-4008-ab33

After some mild chastisement due to review linking overload, I respectfully dialled it back on stuff like that, and PR pics. Y'all know what Danny boy looks like by now (Variant #1: with Celtics cap, Variant #2: without Celtics cap)

Edited by jasondonervan

Fuck, We'll Take It is intense! This album on earbuds vs. car stereo is night and day. Not to say this isnt true for most things, but like, seriously this is such a hi-fi album. And it simultaniously punishes you and rewards you for listening to it very loud.

Man, kudos Daniel. This album is impressing me more and more as I dig into it.

I'll always love Rifts-style 0pn but it's really something that my dude has advanced from "falling asleep on the Juno 60 arpeggiator" to something like this.

This, absolutely. And it fucks me up how unabashedly weird he is, and his music is, and yet... dude has come so far, with interviews with every paper, celeb followers, genres spawned after his work, and so on... Like Aphex in the 90s. How is this real life?

This album is definitely inspiring me to want to make weirder music.

Edited by ganus

This album still isn't clicking 4 me : ( Plus I fuckin hate that film TOYS, now every time i hear the song i can't not think about Robin Williams and LL Cool J in stupid clothing

Wish he hadn't inextricably linked that song to that film

Think that's a big issue with this album, one song reminds me of titantic/toys, one sounds just like an ANHONI song and then all the ones that start to sound like opn have been shut down by James Blake and not allowed to blossom. 

The front cover for this album is a perfect representation, great production and interesting ideas but ultimately just a big mess. Parts of the cover are beautiful but it's way too much and doesn't know what it wants to be. 

Pitchfork time (7.8)

"The tenth album from Daniel Lopatin is his most collaborative and accessible solo project to date, yet still full of unexpected chaos and songs that can suddenly dissolve and disarm."

no BNA ? wtf ? 

edit : just pitchfork being pitchfork

Edited by D4M0

I'm trying to keep it as an album experience so far but it's taking a lot of restraint not to back up and cane the fuck out of "Same". I immediately broke out in massive fucking chills and I have no idea why. I think it's because he and ANOHNI somehow distilled Tears for Fears/Duran Duran/Dead or Alive/my entire 1980s childhood into a 2:02 ecstasy injection.

right there with ya brother