IGNORED

New Aphex Twin advertising in London underground station

nickthefish

People who signed up to Warp's newsletter are waking up in the morning to find an aphex logo tattoed on their groin

I better sign up.  The one I have needs a twin.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Boring putting ads in London/Paris etc, it's not fucking Gucci mate.

Would have been better in Cornwall/Limerick/Chernobyl.

Cheaper too and with a similar online imprint.

It's WARP man.

Yea put it in Chernobyl with its population of 690 people.

Not the London underground that gets passed by more than that number of people every few hours...

This is fun(: wonder where one will pop up tomorow, I hope it,s gonna be extremely BIG!

*photoshops the ad onto the moon*

*photoshops the afx logo onto all the planets in our solar system*

If I don't see an Aphex smile carved in on all 4 presidents of Mt St Michaels Rushmore, Warp is fucking slacking.

lol, angry post!

Yea put it in Chernobyl with its population of 690 people.

Not the London underground that gets passed by more than that number of people every few hours...

hours?

At peak time that would be minutes

I don't think seeing it in person is particularly useful. Tweeted from Pripyat* for example would have a similar result.

Like conversion % of random punters in London who will spend money on it is slim.

Point being, this could have been way more cooler and in more interesting/esoteric places and have had at least the same hype here if not more. 

How do you know there aren’t any in cooler places? We’re just relying on random people walking by and taking pictures so far. Hopefully warp will have some nice photos of all these posters when they tell us what they’re for, hah

I don't think seeing it in person is particularly useful. Tweeted from Pripyat* for example would have a similar result.

Like conversion % of random punters in London who will spend money on it is slim.

Point being, this could have been way more cooler and in more interesting/esoteric places and have had at least the same hype here if not more.

Afx has an emotional connection with that particular underground station.

Possible, but dripfeed to media has already disclosed some of the cities and that has watered down impact if some were found in more rando places.

Fucking hell, it sounds like I'm moaning here, I don't care, I just want the music. 

Afx has an emotional connection with that particular underground station.

True. 

Relistening to Houston and Primavera tracks now...god I hope these get released.

The bit at 4:30 of the Houston unreleased track is sublime. Thought about trying to make a track from that little snippet.

Relistening to Houston and Primavera tracks now...god I hope these get released.

The bit at 4:30 of the Houston unreleased track is sublime. Thought about trying to make a track from that little snippet.

Do it.

Archived