I fucking love that bass melody so much I'm going to do a remix that you guys will surely shit on.

Hoof it.

hmmmm what can I moan about? Oh yeah its a bit of a long wait until release date!! Whats that all about!! September is autumn not summer!! Fucking grumble grumble grumble. Now grumble grumble the hologram vinyl grumble grumble is gone from Bleep, I wish grumble I got one.

Need more Sainsburys ibropurofen , nope its iburophen...ibuprofen (hahhah I finally spelt it right!!)

Hoof It!!

Technically September 14 is still summer...

I find it surprising that so few people comment on the video which i think it's truly amazing.

Reminds me of the good old mtv days, when innovative things were shown.

Plus the track is just off the wall. Just miss the sample, too much aphex twin like in the Houston version ?

For two years tried not to overplay the Houston track, didn't much play it separately and enjoyed it mainly when listening the entire set, so now that the shit got official I've played it like 20 times in 24 hours. The live version didn't so much blow me away, was more a fan of the Primavera track. It was yet another great afx track and all, but hearing this in full glory makes it 100 times better. yum yum all the details. Can't wait to hear the rest.

So much negativity in this thread. Richard isn’t innovating anymore? Compared to who? Nobody else makes music like this. Not even close.

Edited by bulut

I've played it like 20 times in 24 hours.

It's got great relistenability for sure, fairly accessible and enjoyable yet weird enough for more advanced listeners. I keep wanting to go back to it and relisten each time. which I can't say about NTS except for a few standouts (tt1pd and gonks obviously  :emotawesomepm9: ). And as someone said it's from the Syro era, innovation is yet to come. Imagine what he has in store for us if this is mind-bending already.

Besides,

Nobody else makes music like this. Not even close.

This ^

It's still unreachable for your average bedroom producer, got loads of sequencing/midi/way too intricate drum programming for copycats to just jump on it and replicate, even if you have all the gear in the world it's not that easy cos he probably fine-tunes it and adjusts for his purposes, it's unique. So name a good copycat... I don't know, lipid funk? Not even close, more like a joke. 

What a beast of a track seriously. Syro-style synth noodling, Drukqs-like drum programming (reminds me a lot of Taking Control !), old-school melody and chord progression. Some time magic on top of all that and there you go.

I can hear why people might be complaining about lack of "innovation" in his sound palette but tbh it's just what Autechre seem to be doing at the moment, improvement over a sound design they took years to develop and finally enjoy.

What a beast of a track seriously. Syro-style synth noodling, Drukqs-like drum programming (reminds me a lot of Taking Control !), old-school melody and chord progression. Some time magic on top of all that and there you go.

I can hear why people might be complaining about lack of "innovation" in his sound palette but tbh it's just what Autechre seem to be doing at the moment, improvement over a sound design they took years to develop and finally enjoy.

You summed it up very nicely. It feels like he's taken every single thing that is good about his whole discography and combined it into 1 track with a huge Syro-ish analog aesthetic with enough tasty digital(?) glitches to keep you on your toes, the melody is absolutely top to boot. I can't get enough of how good the last bit is, with the lush ambient voice behind every 4 bars and so much extra percussion than in the live version. So much momentum, Drukqs-level complexity and such a huge electronic sound. 

Hello just noticed this thread and the news of a new ep. Just logged in at aphextwins.net and pre-ordered the cassette and lim. vinyl. Easy.

You need to calm down

Hello just noticed this thread and the news of a new ep. Just logged in at aphextwins.net and pre-ordered the cassette and lim. vinyl. Easy.

You need to calm down

yeah sorry for this, that was pretty nerve wracking.

Nice track - I was getting a bit tired of the 'Syro' (later tracks) sound and beat structures, having got  hold of everything AFX new since then (don't shoot me, I can't help such reactions) - but this track has some of the 'extra elements' that say, The Tuss had, which seems to bring it up a level and makes for more surprises. On the other hand, I'm not sure why many respond negatively to  (a small minority) of others want more innovation, or why 'innovation' (it's a hard word to use and define) is seen as undesirable vs a traditionally great, solid, decent track (as if there were opposition between the two.) I think Aphex Twin IS someone you would have gone to for this? I mean, don't we remember our minds being blown by his past works - hearing Windowlicker the first time, or Drukqs? Or The Tuss? Or Analord 10? I'm kind of still craving a 54 cymru beats experience for the new era, but get how some of his new stuff is as detailed and wonderful in more subtle ways.
PS - I know people get irritated by my posts like these, but if you can't express a range opinions in a forum like this, it's all a bit pointless. Hoping for something totally surprising or extra in new Aphex isn't negative, it's positive!

Edited by Lianne

So many twists and turns in this track, its brimming with Aphexian goodness. I'm buzzing for the new EP!

Cheers Mr James

it actually reminds me of qebrus, the way it iterates between phases and has the 3D video to go with it.

Really like it

It's a pity this version has some parts cut out in comparison to the live version, but maybe this was one of the tracks Rich was trying something live with like he stated on his bleepstore somewhere.

Either way, it's a high quality track and I still enjoy it! Looking up the tracklist every track on the EP is like 5-6 mins long, so this will really be decent I guess, without "sound experiment intermezzos" of 30 secs like on CCAI eg... 

And the video is amazing. I especially love the fact how track name ("collapse"), what happens musically in the track (the "collapse" in the middle) and what happens in the video (all the visuals "collapsing" down the AFX logo) go so well together. Good job!

Another theory: The EP is also in his bleepstore. Maybe he'll add exclusive bonus tracks over time??

Thrilled for this release :-).

Edited by indulin

Are there any other artists that say

"Yeah i got loads of even better stuff that i know will blow your minds, but i am not letting u hear it"

Cuz, it seems to me it is kind of inherent to artists that they just want to show theor best stuff right??

> Fans demand unreleased track from 2 years ago

> Aphex delivers the track

> Fans are disappointed by lack of innovation

could it be that the people asking for innovation arent the same people who are asking for the primavera track?

> Fans demand unreleased track from 2 years ago

> Aphex delivers the track

> Fans are disappointed by lack of innovation

could it be that the people asking for innovation arent the same people who are asking for the primavera track?

I personally am happy for everything this man gives to us. we should be thankful he's releasing music, i am!

Are there any other artists that say

"Yeah i got loads of even better stuff that i know will blow your minds, but i am not letting u hear it"

Cuz, it seems to me it is kind of inherent to artists that they just want to show theor best stuff right?

I think he's just being gradual with it, with labels and contracts and stuff you have a release schedule, and given that he probs has hundreds of tracks from the silent period he'll release them gradually to keep the momentum. If he suddenly dropped his most recent and next level album he would step over all that material and there would be nothing left to release (can't release old stuff after the new). You can't drop the aces straight off, you gotta wait for it