IGNORED

Amon Tobin - Fear in a Handful of Dust

ghOsty

because of how long this has been coming and the weight of expectation, I'm not really inclined to listen to it piecemeal. would rather wait til it's out in full.

So wtf is Nomark then?   :psyduck:

this

why can't all the idmz guys just release albums like good ole' regular chickens.

Bleepstore this, piecemeal that. 

get off my lawn

Edited by Bulk VanderHooj

If the rest of the album is like the opening track I understand why ninja might not want to release it. It's good but it's not a decade of waiting for a new Tobin album good.

Edited by Bulk VanderHooj

So wtf is Nomark then? And what's he staring at on the floor?  :psyduck:

amon-tobin-nomark.jpg

he was scooting around and wanted to make sure he left....

nomark  :dadjoke:

In other news, the album cover is..  well... umm. Reminds me of early 2000s deviantart videogame fanarta2835627594_10.jpg

Edited by Marked x 0ne

looks like an opn cover 

Nomark is gonna be Amon Tobin's new label (I guess kinda like when Mr. Paradinas split from Rephlex to form Planet Mu)

Correctumundo:

On a Hilltop Sat the Moon is the inaugural release on Amon Tobin’s 
newly minted label 

So wtf is Nomark then? And what's he staring at on the floor? :psyduck:

amon-tobin-nomark.jpg

he was scooting around and wanted to make sure he left....

nomark :dadjoke:

In other news, the album cover is.. well... umm. Reminds me of early 2000s deviantart videogame fanarta2835627594_10.jpg

would be better with no typography on it or maybe if the type was handled better

he's uhh... always had shitty covers.

lol, you have to admit this. all the early classics have some awful art. thankfully it's little reflection on the music.

lol, you have to admit this. all the early classics have some awful art. thankfully it's little reflection on the music.

whaat, the early/mid stuff has some of the best art of that period.  especially adventures in foam through permutation.  way more understated and unique compared to similar stuff in the 90s.  see my photo/post on pg2 of this thread, the physical sleeve has a shiny block print (ala what autechre did with draft 7.30) which looks awesome in person

Any thoughts on that first track? I thought it was kind of weak.

yea not v memorable, still sounds kinda amon tobin tho.. I'm curious how the rest will turn out Edited by MIXL2

whaat, the early/mid stuff has some of the best art of that period. especially adventures in foam through permutation. way more understated and unique compared to similar stuff in the 90s. see my photo/post on pg2 of this thread, the physical sleeve has a shiny block print (ala what autechre did with draft 7.30) which looks awesome in person

neh, it's not really appealing to me. it's probably a bit better when you're holding and looking at the actual physical item, but to me the art itself is kind of cheap looking.

Any thoughts on that first track? I thought it was kind of weak.

yea not v memorable, still sounds kinda amon tobin tho.. I'm curious how the rest will turn out

It def sounded like Tobin to me! Just not memorable like you said. Tobin-lite. 

I have a feeling most of the record is going to be similar, based on the bpms someone posted I'm thinking this is tobin-ambientish stuff. 

because of how long this has been coming and the weight of expectation, I'm not really inclined to listen to it piecemeal. would rather wait til it's out in full.

agreed