IGNORED

Be Up A Hello [2020]

Consul

His 909 is on every track on the record, except those without drums, but he still tried to squeeze out novel sounds: getting a liquid effect by using a midi process that sent dense streams of information to the instrument, closely packed triggers varying in velocity and frequency. “You get these big oceans of sound that pulsate. There are moments when the 909 becomes more like a synth.”

SNARELUSH

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, StephenG said:

Heretic!

Lol what don’t you like about it?

Didn't really feel like any of the tracks really went anywhere. I don't know how I'm ever going to remember them. It's mixed like the last few albums (harsh noisy upper end, compressed to fuck, massive ducking). I'm happy other peeps are enjoying it though. Maybe I wanted to like it too much.

19 minutes ago, Amen Warrior said:

Didn't really feel like any of the tracks really went anywhere. I don't know how I'm ever going to remember them. It's mixed like the last few albums (harsh noisy upper end, compressed to fuck, massive ducking). I'm happy other peeps are enjoying it though. Maybe I wanted to like it too much.

I think the mixing is much better than the last two albums but there were a few parts that even I found more than a bit noisy yeah.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Richie Sombrero said:

Can anyone identify what colour block jacket Tom is wearing in press shots? 

It just looks like a Harrington style jacket.  There are 100s of brands that do their own version, but the original was made by a uk company called Baracuta.  Still going.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, d-a-m-o said:

damn I would certainly like to give a listen to those house tracks ! (tom pls)

+1 be bang up for a house double ep. I respect his need to always push forward but it's nice to hear your hero's experiments. Can be dead inspiring to hear what they do when they aren't pushing it for us less talented. Also there's always a bit of musical DNA passed through and it's great to hear how it works in a different format. 

Tom plz......plus it never hurt Richie J or the Chre  releasing unfinished stuff.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, very honest said:

reminder lossy encodings do not equal the actual songs

I’ve written full, pre-release album reviews by listening to low bitrate mp3s through tin cans and string. Published by The New Yorker, The Atlantic, Fantano, and the Wall Street Journal. 

• Like 1

yeah, yowsas this is really good. . . somehow both old and new, both precise and organic. . . probably the most I've connected w/ [ ] < in a while, and it's only been a few listens in.  . . can't wait for the lossless files. . . 

• Like 1

Have to say, this album is incredibly dense, not sure how else I would describe it. Fantastic example of maximalist electronic music. Like a zip file, something this dense I'll need some time to decompress lol.

4 minutes ago, Hugh Mughnus said:

Have to say, this album is incredibly dense, not sure how else I would describe it. Fantastic example of maximalist electronic music. Like a zip file, something this dense I'll need some time to decompress lol.

:dadjoke:

56 minutes ago, Hugh Mughnus said:

Yep, lots of types of feels :music:

• Like 1